“Very Nice Hotel”

Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for the 4th of July weekend and were very pleased with the hotel and accommodations. All of the staff were very nice and went out if their way to help. My only complaint is that the rooms are not very well insulated from sound...probably a bad weekend to judge a hotel on quietness though. My kids loved the pools and all the extra that Marriott added for the holiday weekend! We really enjoyed our stay here!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Grayman18

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Pretty from the outside. Room quality not like the published pictures. The rooms were not clean and had cob webs around the ceiling area. The elevators were dirty and did not function properly. The balcony of the room was infested with flying insects making it impossible to enjoy and had not been cleaned in a very, very long time. No need to get a lake view room. The bath room had cracked tiles and no exaust fan. Dust could be found on the lamps and the room service card had been used by a previous guest. The food was over priced and way below average. At least the staff for the most part was friendly. We had two adjoining rooms. We heard what we thought was thunder rolling over and over again but saw nothing in the sky. We discovered the the sliding glass doors were the noise makers and as they were opened on the floors above and below it echoed like thunder, all night long. The overall experience was unpleasant. We had to ask for soap, which was left out our rooms. Instead of relaxing it was stressful. The only good part was the Starbucks keosk. We have lived all over the country and stayed at many Marriott Properties. We have never seen one in quite this condition or with such poor food quality. We were looking forward to experiencing the park and a good hotel. We were extremely diappointed and will not return. We are shocked that Marriott would allow one of it's hotels to operate in that condition. Even more shocking is that is was renovated in 2011. We recommend passing on this one. Very disappointing....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank odyessa
Silvia R, Director of Operations at Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Odyessa

We are very sorry we fell short to meet your expectations, please accept our sincere apologies and contact me directly at the hotel so we can discuss it futher and address your concerns.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Love this property! Search for the packages if you are doing Stone Mountain "theme park area"! They have awesome packages that includes room, breakfast, and tickets to the park! And the breakfast is amazing! Huge selection of items and a great wait staff. You can fill up on the breakfast and not have to eat again until dinner. The pool is awesome here! Very large, several areas to play and swim in! Plenty of sitting for sun bathing or relaxing. The rooms very comfortable and very nice and clean. The beds were comfy as well. We love this place! So worth the money. It can be a bit difficult to get to with the wrap around roads. But the drive is beautiful and enjoyable. Oh and don't miss the water in the lobby. They have free water in the lobby every day in the summer at least. One day, one may be with fresh lemon, or mint, and the next may be cucumber or lime. Great and refreshing!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tabitha R
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I brought my wife here for a few weekdays in June while my kid was at summer camp. We wanted a place that was relatively quite and relaxed but still had some things to do and this place fit the bill nicely.
The staff was well above average from the manager that helped me understand the room selections before I came to the valet at check in and the check in staff.
I would also give high marks to the main restaurant staff. Its a bit pricey but they had a vast breakfast buffet that was served with an authentic smile.
Facilities on the property were good - the hotel has its own set of trails for those trying to figure out if they are up to the big hike up Stone Mountain. In addition they have a nicely kept pool and work out room.
I suppose the only dings I had was somewhat slow service at the bar/grill and the room decor could use some updating. Niether was serious enough to drop from the 5 mark rating I put in.
Finally I woudl note that while the hotel is on the park grounds its not actually next to Stone Mountain - Stone Mountain is 5+ minute drive. Not far - just not next door.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We have stayed at many Marriott properties over the years & this was probably our most disappointing stay. The resort property is nice especially the outdoor areas to include the outdoor pool & spa. The rooms have comfortable bedding & adequate space. The property could use some trash pick-up in bedding areas & I questioned whether the floor in our room was even vacuumed.
We are a family with young children & I was expecting a family friendly resort based on the proximity to Stone Mountain. We came back from the pool late our first night & we were busy getting the kids bathed/to bed. I noticed a strange odor coming from the room next door I figured someone might be smoking. Since there was an adjoining door the smoke was seeping under the door. I put wet towels under the door & decided to discuss it with mgmt in the morning since the kids were already asleep. Our neighbors were a little rowdy but then they left the room, but when they returned after 4 am they woke us up again. They eventually quieted down so again we decided to wait to talk to mgmt. First thing the next morning we spoke with mgmt & they were very understanding/helpful. We moved rooms & thought are issues were over. The next night (Saturday) was almost worse. The guests in the hallway were extremely loud - yelling, laughing, etc. which continued all through the night. Also, around midnight housekeeping had to address an issue with our neighbors room & left the safety latch open so they could come & go into the room. They kept letting the door slam & finally after the sixth time my husband explained to them they were disturbing us & now our kids were awake. They finally stopped after this. We wanted to address the noise issue with mgmt, but the line Sunday at checkout was very long.
I could not recommend this hotel to friends or family with kids as we were so disappointed with our stay. We were so exhausted after 2 restless nights. I have never stayed at a resort, especially a Marriott property, where the guests were so unruly & inconsiderate. I am just not sure if this is regular clientele & behavior so we should consider staying elsewhere for our next trip.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Patrick Y
Silvia R, Director of Operations at Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Patrick Y,

We are very sorry we failed to meet your expectations and sad to hear about your recent experience while visiting our hotel.
At your convenience, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. We would really appreciate the opportunity to discuss it further and address your concerns.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I think the hotel is in a great location inside of stone mountain park. They offer some great things they just fall short on some as well. The staff was great from the check in people to the bell hop. The rooms are rather small for what you pay for. They offer lake view rooms at an upcharge but the one we had you could just see trees and just a little bit of the shore. The mesquites were so bad that we could not even open the door to the balcony. The restaurant is out of this world expensive for what you get. There was 2 adults and 1 child for dinner and we each had 2 drinks and the bill was $130.00 Each drink was right at $10.00 for whiskey and ginger ale. Pools are great I will give them that.

Room Tip: get a room facing the pool that would be the only one I would get
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Michael H
Silvia R, Director of Operations at Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Michael H

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay at our resort. As we constantly search for ways to improve our options and services we truly rely and take very seriously the feedback we receive from our guests.
Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if your travels ever bring you to Stone Mountain again so we can customize your stay.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had the chance to visit Stone Mountain in March. The hotel is nicely appointed with views of Stone Mountain. The restaurants on site were nice and not over priced. We had breakfast daily and dinner one evening. The meal was nice with great service. I found the staff open to assisting with whatever we needed. Because the hotel is in the middle of the park you will find trails and covered bridges on the loop around the mountain. Unfortunately, the gift shop didn't have a wide selection of items but one can find other items at the actual location of the museum.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
#3 of 11 in Stone Mountain
Hampton Inn Atlanta/Stone Mountain
Comfort Inn & Suites at Stone Mountain
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake

Been to Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort? Share your experiences!