“Expected more from the appearance”

Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sanford, Florida
“Expected more from the appearance”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

After the weekend, this place is super quiet. There were a lot of reunions and parties over the weekend, but not much for kids to do. There is a nice pool and plenty of nature to explore, but don't expect any perks. No continental breakfast, mints, anything! They are very helpful and have a team to take you to the park close by. There are a few restAraunts on property, but one is a buffet, so bring food! Check the park dates before you come and don't buy tickets until you get here. I did and they were cheaper when I got here! My room was loud on the weekend, but hotel quickly resolved the problem.

Room Tip: We had a lake view suite. It was awesome with microwave and fridge mini kitchen. All rooms have balc...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Silvia R, Director of Operations at Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Kelly W.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very glad our team was able to resolve the issue you encountered and hopefully you had the time to experience all the park had to offer.
We appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff and look forward to welcoming you and your family back.

regards,

Silvia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Columbia,Ms
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Very nice place. We stayed 1 night with our youth Group from church. Was a little nervous having all the kids with the upscale of the hotel. We were greeted warmly. The pool was nice and clean. The rooms were very comfortable. And the breakfast was awesome. I would love to go back by myself & try out the spa.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Chastity M
Clewiston, Florida
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We usually stay with family when we visit GA. This was a very nice change. Beautiful scenery, Everything was nice & clean. Employees very pleasant and courteous. No complaints at all. Everything we expected it to be. I would stay there again

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank BarbH71
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed with 3 kids for one night. We had planned to spend all of our time at Stone Mountain. I found it kind of similar as a stay at Walt Disney World Resort, but more back to nature:). I wanted to maximize our time so I choose not to leave the park which left us with limited dining options. At one point for lunch I fed myself and 3 kids lunch for $50 at the hotel coffee bar (we just had cold sandwiches). I kind of expected high prices but that was just a little too steep.

I found the room to have a wonderful view of the lake. It was mostly quiet, but there were times at night when it seemed like the walls were paper thin as I could hear everything in the room next door. The room itself seemed a little small.

2 Thank Christopher R
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Our trouble started upon check-in. We were checked into the wrong room because the lady didn't reference our confirmation number. The fact that we were in the wrong room was brought to our attention when the front desk called to say that we checked into the wrong room and needed to move. The tone was as if this mix up was our fault. Upon check out the room rate didn't align and we were then told that no changes could be made to room rate because the original guest confirmed that price. This made no sense to me as I was put in the wrong room so I certainly didn't confirm the rate. All together we spent 2hrs of our family reunion defending our position before a change was made. Huge lack of accountability on their part.

• Stayed July 2014
Silvia R, Director of Operations at Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear A R

We are very sorry we failed to meet your expectations and saddened to hear about your recent experience at our hotel.
At your convenience, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. we would really appreciate the opportunity to discuss it further and address your concerns.

regards,

Milledgeville, Georgia
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This was a nice little get away for my family! We really enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pools! The rooms were spacious.. My friend and our two boys are requesting a return trip. The mountain climb was awesome for the boys! This hotel is very close to stone mountain, I will be back soon!

3 Thank Damitajo
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We went for a family reunion and it was obvious as soon as we arrived that there would not be enough personnel to take care of the 14 family reunions they had booked; impossible to get any help, even at 68 years old; very little attention paid to any of our 37 guests. Close to worst hotel experience in the last 10 years. Surroundings are beautiful, but choose another hotel - this is not a resort. Even in the spa where I had a pedicure the staff was arguing with each other - one lady rearranged every bottle of polish and product on every surface and even the baskets during my "zen" experience. Whitney did a good job but her co-worker was rude.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the main floor, if possible, too much activity and noise.
Green Features: They conserved towel use which was admirable, however, the towels were very old and did not allow for a "fluffy" toweling off; in fact, they were pretty much in the shape that I use for old rags at home.
1 Thank M R
Silvia R, Director of Operations at Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear M R,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept our very sincere apologies we did not deliver the service levels you expected. At your convenience please contact me directly at the hotel so we can address your issues.
Once again, we are truly sorry.

Regards,

Artmore Hotel
Artmore Hotel
#16 of 174 in Atlanta
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,642 reviews

Been to Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort? Share your experiences!