“Never again horrible staff”

Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Having gotten in at 11PM after a long drive we wanted to get something to eat and go to sleep. Nope that was not possible at this Marriott. For $275.00 a night I expect to have at least a late night menu available. I was shown to the gift shop to purchase 3 sodas for $9.00. No food available after 11 even though the bellman said they had food available. To add insult to injury the front desk was most uncooperative. Called about getting food and the guy said "I'm sorry I can't help you we have no food available. But I was walking through the lobby after having to completely leave the property and drive 10 minutes to a Diner, and I had to listen to the desk staff and obviously other staff members laughing and cursing up a storm.

If you expect to be treated well for the high rate you pay, then don't stay here. I wanted to check out but was basically stuck in that they had my CC info and wouldn't release it so we could stay elsewhere. We called for a bellman the next morning and it took forever. No apologies for anything just lousy customer service and underwhelmed with lack of food choices for late night arrival. They shouldn't call themselves a resort without covering all those bases. And because you have a policy doesn't make it the policy of the guest. If the guest is uncomfortable providing information then they shouldn't be penalized and forced to adhere to your policies. We are the guest not the other way around.

After dealing with this hotel and having a room at the end of the hall practically in 462 I was just livid with this hotel. At least at the Marquis or Ritz in Buckhead you have options for after hours. Nope thanks for coming we don't have anything for you. Never got our breakfast for 2 despite asking a zillion times about it. Desk Clerk was just acting like he could care less whether I was there or not.

Worst Marriott ever and I am canceling my next 10 marriott reservations and switching back to Hyatt.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank OCALAFLORIDATRAVELER
Silvia R, Director of Operations at Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Ocalafloridatraveller

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay. Please accept our very sincere apologies for not delivering the levels of service you deserve as a loyal Marriott customer. At your convenience, please contact me directly at the hotel so we can address your concerns.
Once again, we are truly sorry.

Regards,

Silvia

Reviewed 13 August 2014

When I say Best hotel in stone mountain park, remember there are only two! This is an excellent, large conference center hotel. I've been several times for corporate events and sales meetings and it is excellent for this. This time it was a couple trip for the weekend. There were two conferences going on (poor people at work conferences on Saturday and Sunday!) and that felt odd to me, so just know it is a business hotel. That said, service was great from check in to check out. Check in was a bit late though, at 4 pm. Room was comfortable and clean, good tv (40" or so) and a GREAT bed (as always at Marriott). But our room was humid. AC worked fine, but registers had dust/dirt in them and I worried about mold, although there was no odor. Bathroom was nicely appointed but aging, and will need an update soon. Our package included breakfast for two and park passes and really was a good deal considering that. Breakfast buffet was excellent and service was too. It's three days later and I still remember our servers name was Russell...he made a good impression! Its a great place for a conference, and I'd say a great place for a weekend getaway too, especially if you haven't been to stone mountain park in a while.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kyle H
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This is actually the second time our department has held our Manager's Meeting here and both experiences were fantastic! We plan on coming back next year as well.

Our attendees were there for 4 days/3 nights and what really makes it is the staff! From the front desk, to the wait staff (at Waterside, Commons, AND Stonewall's), to the house keeping staff, to the banquet and event staff (special thanks to Ronnie, Gwen, and Melody!!), everyone went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of.

Also, the beds and pillows are hands down some of the MOST comfortable I've ever slept on! :)

Room Tip: The 4th and 5th floors have the best views. Ask for a view facing the lake.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JanaPedersen
Reviewed 5 August 2014

After the weekend, this place is super quiet. There were a lot of reunions and parties over the weekend, but not much for kids to do. There is a nice pool and plenty of nature to explore, but don't expect any perks. No continental breakfast, mints, anything! They are very helpful and have a team to take you to the park close by. There are a few restAraunts on property, but one is a buffet, so bring food! Check the park dates before you come and don't buy tickets until you get here. I did and they were cheaper when I got here! My room was loud on the weekend, but hotel quickly resolved the problem.

Room Tip: We had a lake view suite. It was awesome with microwave and fridge mini kitchen. All rooms have balc...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Silvia R, Director of Operations at Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Kelly W.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very glad our team was able to resolve the issue you encountered and hopefully you had the time to experience all the park had to offer.
We appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff and look forward to welcoming you and your family back.

regards,

Silvia

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Very nice place. We stayed 1 night with our youth Group from church. Was a little nervous having all the kids with the upscale of the hotel. We were greeted warmly. The pool was nice and clean. The rooms were very comfortable. And the breakfast was awesome. I would love to go back by myself & try out the spa.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Chastity M
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We usually stay with family when we visit GA. This was a very nice change. Beautiful scenery, Everything was nice & clean. Employees very pleasant and courteous. No complaints at all. Everything we expected it to be. I would stay there again

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank BarbH71
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed with 3 kids for one night. We had planned to spend all of our time at Stone Mountain. I found it kind of similar as a stay at Walt Disney World Resort, but more back to nature:). I wanted to maximize our time so I choose not to leave the park which left us with limited dining options. At one point for lunch I fed myself and 3 kids lunch for $50 at the hotel coffee bar (we just had cold sandwiches). I kind of expected high prices but that was just a little too steep.

I found the room to have a wonderful view of the lake. It was mostly quiet, but there were times at night when it seemed like the walls were paper thin as I could hear everything in the room next door. The room itself seemed a little small.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Comfort Inn & Suites at Stone Mountain
Atlanta Marriott Marquis
Atlanta Marriott Marquis
#47 of 172 in Atlanta

Been to Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort? Share your experiences!