Having gotten in at 11PM after a long drive we wanted to get something to eat and go to sleep. Nope that was not possible at this Marriott. For $275.00 a night I expect to have at least a late night menu available. I was shown to the gift shop to purchase 3 sodas for $9.00. No food available after 11 even though the bellman said they had food available. To add insult to injury the front desk was most uncooperative. Called about getting food and the guy said "I'm sorry I can't help you we have no food available. But I was walking through the lobby after having to completely leave the property and drive 10 minutes to a Diner, and I had to listen to the desk staff and obviously other staff members laughing and cursing up a storm.
If you expect to be treated well for the high rate you pay, then don't stay here. I wanted to check out but was basically stuck in that they had my CC info and wouldn't release it so we could stay elsewhere. We called for a bellman the next morning and it took forever. No apologies for anything just lousy customer service and underwhelmed with lack of food choices for late night arrival. They shouldn't call themselves a resort without covering all those bases. And because you have a policy doesn't make it the policy of the guest. If the guest is uncomfortable providing information then they shouldn't be penalized and forced to adhere to your policies. We are the guest not the other way around.
After dealing with this hotel and having a room at the end of the hall practically in 462 I was just livid with this hotel. At least at the Marquis or Ritz in Buckhead you have options for after hours. Nope thanks for coming we don't have anything for you. Never got our breakfast for 2 despite asking a zillion times about it. Desk Clerk was just acting like he could care less whether I was there or not.
Worst Marriott ever and I am canceling my next 10 marriott reservations and switching back to Hyatt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort is a luxury resort in Stone Mountain, Georgia with a conference center. We sit ideally in beautiful Stone Mountain Park, just 16 miles from downtown Atlanta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Evergreen Marriott Hotel Stone Mountain
- Evergreen Marriott Conference Hotel
- Marriott Stone Mountain
- Stone Mountain Marriott