“Family vacation for Atlanta”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
Shelby, Ohio
“Family vacation for Atlanta”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

This is an excellent and clean hotel for someone to choose. Its within walking distance to a strip mall across from the Hotel. The staff was professional and friendly. The breakfast they serve is awesome, lots of options.

Room Tip: Have a reservation
2 Thank Chris B
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Dear Chris B,
Thank you for a great review regarding your stay. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our awesome breakfast. The yogurt parfait station & hot oatmeal everyday with the different topping options has been a great addition to our breakfast menu. We hope to see you again soon! :-)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Polish first
Biloxi, Mississippi
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed here upon reading most of the reviews. I liked that management does pay attention to online feedback. It was clean and everyone very nice. Upon check out there were charges added for a mountain view. upon letting them know the were really sorry and fixed it immediatly.
Breakfast person around July 4th was not friendly and had to ask for items like silverware both days.
Need a larger holder for more quantity. The hot water was missing and had leftover tea or something diluted in it. Its labeled hot water and more than one person asked about the container. The lady ignored us. After a few complaints she just said go look in the lobby for hot water. She could have easily pulled that one out and thought of a solution.- refill it or change it out with lobby one. i felt it was pretty rude. Next day still no hot water for tea or hot choc.
Anyways everything else was great. Clean rooms and pool area. Good value if you are there to visit and not pay twice as much as other places.

1 Thank biloxian
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Dear Biloxian,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It's very important to us to get feedback from guests in order to learn what we did right and where we dropped the ball!
I am very disappointed to hear that my breakfast bar was not up to power during your stay. On behalf of my entire staff at Country Inns & Suites, please allow me to apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience with us. I have addressed the issues you shared with my team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.
I really do appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations. :-)
Lehigh, Florida
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Our stay was for the Fourth of July Weekend! The hotel is about 6 minutes away. Right across the street was a Walmart. Vivian checked us in early as sweet as she was. Her favorite cake is carrot cake! She was wonderful and all of the staff we came in contact with was just as nice. Every thing was clean. The breakfast was very delicious. This hotel is #1 compared to the one across the street from Stone Mountain.

Room Tip: If you want stone mountain view....3rd floor!
2 Thank Trish7303
Dear Trish 7303,
Thank you for your sweet review!!! I am excited to hear that you loved Ms. Vivian’s hospitality and our breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Stone Mountain!
Savannah, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We stayed here 2 nights over the July 4th holiday. The views of the mountain were great. It was only a few minutes drive with easy access to the Stone Mountain park. The breakfast provided both hot (eggs & sausage) and cold assortments. The room had plenty of sitting area (sleeper sofa and two large chairs) adjacent to the two queen beds.
We would stay again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the mountain!!!
3 Thank Duane C
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Dear Duabe C,
Thank you for the great review! We love hearing that you liked our breakfast and location! I have to admit that even after more than 9 years of living in this area, I am still in awe of Stone Mountain myself! Seeing the sun rise and sunset on the mountain is amazing!
Have a great summer and we hope to see you soon! :-)
Crestview, Florida
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Very nice and clean hotel. Beautiful and spacious rooms. Perfect fit for our family of 5.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank hurstfamilyof5
Dear Hurstfamilyof5,
Thank you so much for sharing your review with guests! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed staying with us and will be back. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Stone Mountain, GA. :-)
Madison, AL
Reviewed 2 July 2012

My stay in Stone Mountain, GA was greatly enhanced because of the Country Inn & Suites staff, their willingness to go the extra mile for my comfort and the room & amenities were excellent. I would recommend this facility to anyone and I plan to stay here again when my travels bring me back to the area.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Dear Ruth W,
It is so kind of you to write this awesome review! My staff is going to love hearing that you enjoyed their services and our hotel! We hope to see you again soon! :-)
Reviewed 30 June 2012

The service was OUTSTANDING for business or personal. I will seek out this property when I return.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Bkowalczyk
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Dear Bkowalczyk,
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am exicted to hear that you enjoyed staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again! :-)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stone Mountain
Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain
Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain
#8 of 11 in Stone Mountain
La Quinta Inn & Suites Snellville - Stone Mountain

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson? Share your experiences!