“Perfect!”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
Traverse City, Michigan
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We arrived after the Snow Storm of 2014. The room was clean and tidy. The heated pool was wonderful. My husband, son and I used it every night of our stay.Also, someone stated that the pool was chlorinated, it is not. I believe it is a salt water pool and there was no chlorine smell at all. We were there for just under 2 weeks and the place was very consistent in their service to us. The ladies at the front desk were just wonderful, they gave my son a balloon and bubbles when he was being a little crabby. One of the staff members brought in her own high chair, for my son to use since we were going to be there for a while ( to my knowledge she had also let another guest use it prior to our arrival). It was a great place to "live" in for two weeks. It is a safe location, close to the express way and very near Stone Mountain. I would stay there again in a heart beat.

Room Tip: We stayed in a one bedroom suite. If you have kids, this is a great option.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Country_Inn_St_Mtn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear MrsMills12,
Thank you for taking the time to right this amazing review. And you are right about this pool. It is a salt water pool. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and enjoyed the pool each night! On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inn & Suites, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Polish first
Crestview, Florida
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stayed here one night with my husband and two girls - wish we'd known there was an indoor pool - it looked awesome! Hotel was very clean, warm, welcoming - breakfast bar was very well stocked and all the staff was extremely friendly and welcoming.

Only complaint was that the comforter on one of our beds was stained...not a big deal, but not exactly something you like to see when staying in a hotel. Would definitely stay here again anyway!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Country_Inn_St_Mtn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We apologize about the concern you shared about the comforter, I spoke with my staff concerning this issue and I would like to assure you that we working to make sure that issue never occurs again. It was a pleasure to host you and your family and we look forward to your next visit!
St. Augustine, FL
Reviewed 4 January 2014

It's a "decent" place to stay. There were 5 of us, including 3 children...so, I thought the suite would work better for us. Although, I really think it was probably the same size of a regular room, but just had everything crammed in there to allow for a sofa bed to be pulled out. The pull out bed still had dirty sheets on it, complete with lots of hair = gross. I'm still wondering if the beds had clean sheets or not since I found hairs on those, too...but, that just happens sometimes.

The small pool area was warm, but holy cow there was a lot of chlorine! The fumes were awful. We didn't try the fitness room. The fire alarm went off while someone was working on electrical stuff in the hallway on the first floor and we kept getting whiffs of an electrical fire, which was NOT comforting. They kept the hotel laundry room door open for all to see which is right in the hall to the pool & fitness room just off the lobby. Sorry, but it's just not something guests want to see.

The beds are hard and not very comfortable. The room pleasant, needs some paint touch ups.

It was nice having a micro/fridge and two TV's with a separate room. The room was quiet. It was a short distance to Stone Mountain & restaurants. The breakfast was OK...standard stuff. The staff was friendly.

If you don't expect too much, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Country_Inn_St_Mtn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time write a review about your stay. We apologize about the concerns you shared. I've spoken to my staff about these concerns and I assure you we're working to make sure they never happen again. Again, thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it. I hope you have a Happy New Year!
Jensen Beach, Florida
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We decided to take our kids to Stone Mountain to experience "snow" since we don't have any here in South Florida! I made the reservations in April for a Hotel & Ticket Package. We arrived 2 days after Christmas and left New Years eve.
The staff was wonderful from the moment we arrived! Had met our request for a view of Stone Mountain, but it was on the 1st floor. So we asked for a room higher and they were able to provide! The kids were thrilled! We had a nice suite with the bedroom separate from the living area which made it great! The lobby was decorated for Christmas with a tree next to the "fire" place. They had our passes for Stone Mountain ready for us and after we got settled we headed out! The hotel is 1 exit away from the park.
There was shopping right across the street and food. The Diner on the corner was suggested by a staff member. JACKPOT! That place was awesome!!
The hotel had a heated pool and hot tub but we did not use them. We came for the park:)
The hotel itself and the grounds were clean and in great condition. We enjoyed our stay very much!
The free breakfast in the morning was convenient. Choices for everyone. Coffee was great! The dinning area got crowded quick so we usually got there at 7am. The only complaint was people staying at the hotel coming down in their pj's. Really? Not what I wanted to see.
Would stay there again though in a heartbeat!!

Room Tip: Ask for the view of Stone Mountain on the 2nd or 3rd floors.
2 Thank GTGasparini
Thank you for the amazing review. It was a pleasure meeting you and your family. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. Metro Cafe is a local favorite, we're happy you liked it as well. We hope to see you again real soon.
Tampa, Fl
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Good: great location close to Stone Mountain, warm pool, decent breakfast, room accommodates family of five nicely

Sad: Mountain view is really a view of a strip mall where the "mountain" is between a beauty supply store and an Asian buffet. If I can post a pic I will.

Ugly: staff was lacking: 1) I was woken up from a nap in the room by a woman stating that I missed check out and she had to charge me another night. She was probably just exercising her authoritative voice, but when I explained three times that we just checked in 30 minutes ago and my wife just took kids out to let me relax from a 7hr drive, she finally realized her mistake. 2) the keys to our room then didn't work the next two times over two days when we returned to the hotel. A different woman told us it is because our hotel card cannot be next to a phone or credit card. When my wife pointed out the hotel card has an advertisement for a credit card on it she failed to find the humor. Regardless, it was a tremendous inconvenience to have three small children and not be able to get back into the room on more than one occasion with two separate room keys. 3) the two treadmills were broken. We were told they just broke, but another guest contradicted the staffer saying they've been broken for the four days he was there. 4) as an alternative my wife had to travel to another hotel to get her daily run in. 5) lastly I'm sure it was just me, but the insincere "Bless Your Hearts" were just a little too much-- off to find better. Expressed dissatisfaction an that we were leaving a day early. Offered small discount and encouraged to sign up for loyalty program... Out $140 but vacation should not be spent frustrated.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. First of all, let me apologize for the concerns you shared. We take pride in making all of our guest feel special and I'm sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied. I've spoken to the staff about the concerns you shared and I assure you we are working hard to assure these issues never happen again. We hope you'll give us the opportunity to show you the "real" Country Inn and Suites, Stone Mountain. I hope you have a Happy New Year!
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Stayed three days at the Country Inn while we enjoyed Snow Mountain activities at Stone Mountain Park. The Hotel is just one exit from the park. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was very clean. Had a very quaint atmosphere to it. It was decorated for the holiday season and had a fake but actually warm fireplace in the lobby that looked very real. Had a heated pool and spa and a workout room. Enjoyed being able to use a computer which is provided free in the computer room.

We had the king suite which had a pull out sofa bed that easily slept two. Each day we enjoyed the continental breakfast buffet which changed a little bit each morning. Was very satisfied with our stay there. My kids favorite part was the free homemade chocolate cookies made several times a day.

1 Thank bocawork
Thank you for taking the time to write such an awesome review. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. The fresh baked cookies are a favorite for most guest. We hope to see you again soon!
Viera, Florida
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Very pleasantly pleased with our stay here. The full breakfast included was very good, varied and plentiful, staff very friendly, rooms clean and comfortable. The heated indoor pool and hot tub were a nice addition as well. Fitness center available but we did not use it; it looked small but enough to get your workout in while away from home. We were visiting to go to Stone Mountain Park and the location was just minutes from the park- totally accessible and much less expensive than staying at one of the two hotels on the park's property. If we return to the area we would definitely stay here.

1 Thank Amy S
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. Next time you're in the area, call the hotel directly, I'd be happy to make your reservation for you. Happy New Year!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stone Mountain
Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain
Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain
#8 of 11 in Stone Mountain
La Quinta Inn & Suites Snellville - Stone Mountain

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson? Share your experiences!