“Stay far FAR away from this horrible in every sense of the word!”

Home 1 Extended Stay Hotel
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
“Stay far FAR away from this horrible in every sense of the word!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

Absolutely horrible! I agree with the previous poster, don't stay here for FREE! FILTHY, DISGUSTING, ROACH INFESTED, the wifi doesn't work (hasn't worked for Weeks, and the unapologetic staff is VERY RUDE)! housekeeping only cleans the rooms when people move out, in spite of their advertisement that they clean weekly. We've been through 3 non working refrigerators, only one eye on the range works, the plumbing is JACKED. not to mention that the on site security is actually employed by the SWAT team. someone was shot on the elevator, and the next morning my children and I went out to see that persons blood everywhere, all on the walls, down the hallway, on the stairs... HIGH CRIME RATE! And just because you stay there you will be harrassed by police. (i dropped off some oj and soup to my sick son and was pulled over by the police immediately upon leaving bc they thought I was making a drug drop!) Stay far FAR away from this place! Signed, law abiding single mom

• Stayed March 2012
11 Thank keepinitalltheway100
SAVANNAHSUITES4893, General Manager at Home 1 Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay at Savannah Suites Stone Mountain. Thank you for leaving a comment and expressing your concerns about the hotel. Since March of 2013 we have made many upgrades to the rooms and the property. We have many more upgrades to come. I am sure if you were to give us another chance to impress you and your son that you would see the changes. The police activity is for your safety not to harass you. The location of the hotel is down the street from the police department and we encourage the police to be present. Many of the guest like the fact of the police being present on the property. I hope you give us a fair chance to redeem ourselves.

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

I paid to stay for a week. After another bad experience at another hotel not far away me and my husband checked the room before accepting it. It smelled horrible but looked remotely clean for the most part. When the sun went down the roaches took over. All through the bathroom and what they call a full kitchen. The ceiling over the shower was leaking from the room above it looked like it would fall on my head. The TV power and volume down button was broken with no remote. No working phone. My husband called the corporate office n left a voicemail and I got almost a full refund and left quickly. This place is disgusting and should be shut down! Oh and when I asked the woman virgia at the front desk about the roaches she replied with "well what do u expect for 40 dollars a night?" Fyi I am now in motel 6 paying 29.99 a night with no roaches or smells or falling down ceilings! So that's what I expect. Worst experience ever!

• Stayed August 2011
18 Thank michelesandy
Stone Mountain, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

This is about Savannah Suites, Stone Mtn, Georgia regarding a two-week unforgettable and unforgiving, horrendous stay. If it was safe to sleep in my car, that would have been better.

Roach infested. Should be closed down. All food was in containers, no garbage in my room whatsoever. I moved from 102 to 219 which was much much worse. I was allowed to get sheets from 104 and there was a roach in the sheets. Roach in my bed in 219. Rem at the desk said we will help you move to a new hotel. I want the Health Department to know about this. Left a msg for Regional Manager, Michael, who never called me back. I am a forensic chemist in Atlanta on business and this is infested with roaches. Everyone has them. People should not be allowed to stay here for years and live as slobs..flyers had to be passed around because animals were doing their thing at people's doors and cigarette butts are all over and trash is awful.

Several tv channels do not work..15 and 17. Internet is so bad that I had to get my own and did get a discounted rate. I wish to God I could get my money back for this horrendous stay as I had to wrap myself in a sheet and wear a shower cap so I would not get roaches in my hair while I slept. I packed up all the belongings that I would not need in my stay and put them back in my car so that roaches would not go in them. I had to buy Rubbermaid containers to put things in while in the frig.

Roaches are on the toilet seat, climbing up the walls, in the shower when taking a shower. I leave the lights on because I do not want to see them scurrying about. This is the first time I have ever been around roaches as I am from up North and have lived out west. So gross that this place deserves to be shut down or torn down and rebuilt and be more selective who comes in to stay.

The people in the next room fight a lot and are up till the early hours of the morning, and such foul language that it makes you gag listening. What type of property needs to put notices on doors to tell them not to let pets pee on other doors or leave feces and trash where others walk? I travel with a mobile crime unit and this is the most disgusting place I have ever come across in my life. I really want my money back from this untenable situation.

13 Thank bbub b
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2010

I stayed there for a couples of nights only to discover there was bugs beds under the covers no joke bed bugs it was so many the bed bugs that the bugs should have went half on the hotel bill. there was a bad smell in the room and roaches the staff was getto when i went to report the bed bugs i was told by the front staff that she didn't know the owner the property manager was no where to be found they refuse to give me a refund and had the nerve to offer me another room like i would be dumd enough to stay here again. I don't think a homeless person would stay here for free. if you had a choice between hell and this hotel i'll take hell i rather be burn than eaten alive. if you stay in this hotel take my advice check under the covers to make sure you are alone this hotel should be call bed bug inn.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
11 Thank chothunder
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Home 1 Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2010
We certainly apologize for the experience you had at our hotel. Our goal was to make your stay a perfect 10 and we were not successful in doing so. I would like to speak with you concerning your issues, please contact me at the hotel directly. Please accept our sincere apology.
New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2010

Don't stay here for FREE. I checked in here with my 18 and 8 year old son. We were just disgusted. Cockroach infested, crawling on walls, table, ceiling. They were even crushed in the door jams. I am a female and stood up to pee because the toilet was so dirty. The smell in the room was like dirty butt. Dark dingy and just filthy. My 8 year old was scared of the 2 drug addicts that kept banging on our door to demand cigarettes. One guy asked my 18 year old if he had any drugs to sell. I had to make reservations for another hotel that night and it cost me over a hundred dollars to find one last minute. If I am not refunded, I am reporting them to the board of health. I included 2 pics. of the cockroaches in the door jams eeewwww.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank noelg1970
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Home 1 Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2010
I sincerely apologize for the recent experience that you encountered while at our property. It is always our goal to ensure that each guest's experience is a great one. I apologize that we did not meet that goal. Please accept my sincere apology and hopes that you will return in the future so you can see the changes we have made since your stay.
OCEAN CITY,MD
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2005

I'll try to keep this short. The place is in the GHETTO! As we got close to the address, I kept hoping there was some mistake and Mapquest took me to the wrong place, well the mistake was mine for booking here in the first place. When I got there I walked into the office only to find out they didn't have my reservation(it was made in August). I went to check out the room(suite..yeah right!)and it smelled like, well, an old hotel room. We also saw a roach in the bathroom when we turned the light on. After that we left to find something else.
The bottom line is, I didn't feel safe during the day, so I knew I wasn't going to feel safe at night.

31 Thank OCSPORTSNUT
Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain
Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain
#8 of 11 in Stone Mountain
Comfort Inn & Suites at Stone Mountain

Been to Home 1 Extended Stay Hotel? Share your experiences!