“After a day of dissapintments this saved the day!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lasershow Spectacular at Stone Mountain Park

Lasershow Spectacular at Stone Mountain Park
Cincinnati
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“After a day of dissapintments this saved the day!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

If you go!!!! Don't pay for anything other than parking. Park close to the exit...this will pay off big as you are exiting at night...itw worth the walk. Bring your own chairs and a cooler. Do not pay for terrace or snack pavilion seating. As first timers we thought this would give us a better view. They are off to the side and are not any better than out in the lawn. If you claim your area about an hour or so before the show you are golden. My kids liked it I loved it. There was a salute to the the confederate soldiers tastefully done as well as a salute to the civil rights movement. A celebration of Georgias sport franchises and its music artists (not just country). A very fun Devil Went Down to Georgia segment and topped off with a spectacular patriotic salute.
The lazers are accompanied by fireworks, intelligent lighting, and HD projections that work wonderfully together bringing the carving to life at times.
I have read that some people have been dissapointed and in reading those reviews it is someone usually returning to it after seeing it as a child. I can see how messing with something like this and changing it from a memory can form a bad opinion but for my take I thought it was great.
I especially like how the sound of the percussive mortars from the fireworks bounced off of the rock giving you two doses of its explosion. Very cool.

5 Thank Raptor1985

Concord, North Carolina
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great show - don't miss it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I had previously read some not so positive reviews about this laser show but I found it to be a wonderful experience. It was updated with current music and classic Georgia music. The scenes shown were very diverse and the laser show and fireworks were great. Very patriotic show.

2 Thank Jszz9
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“don't go out of your way”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

It is an ok show. Nothing over the top. Don't think you are going there to see fire works because you see some at the very end but that is it.

1 Thank Michael H
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Pretty lights”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

It was a long show, but well choreographed. It panders to the local population with a lot of Georgia praise, but do you really expect anything different when in Georgia. I liked the show but I am a Vol, so I feel my personal bias must be stated. I don't like the Hawks, the Falcons, The Yellow Jackets, The Dawgs, or any other sports team in Georgia. The dedication in the light show to every sports team in Georgia is merely pandering. Every song that has Georgia in the lyrics is also played, just to let the audience know artist have taken the time to put Georgia in their lyrics. I am from Tennessee do you really want to go there Georgia? I ask again to you really want a musical war, because I believe Nashville is in our borders along with the Tennessee River. I bet you wish you had some of that nice cold drinking water: Georgia.

2 Thank mwscottoo
Windsor, North Carolina
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Seemed better when I was younger ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I visited here annually for probably 15 years straight back in the 80s and 90s. I don't remember ever seeing a picture slideshow. Now they have put some pictures up there and they are hard to see because of the indentions of the carvings on the rock. Still enjoyed 90% of it though. Try to get there early enough to ride the tram up to the top. It costs a little extra but very well worth it!!!!!!!

1 Thank Ssaholmes