This was the worst stay ever. From the moment we checked in, the entire lobby was under construction, with dust everywhere. The woman that checked us in assured me that it did not affect the rest of the hotel. I had reserved 2 rooms, because we were 2 families. So the woman was kind enough to give us 2 adjoining rooms. So we go to our rooms to unpacked and start our mini vacation. Well the other family we were with got to their room and get in fine, then they go to unpack there car and go back to the room and cannot get in, the key card is not working. They go to front desk and the woman gives them another card. So we go out to dinner, come back and the new card is not working. So they go to front desk and woman comes out with a new card and tries it herself, it does not work. She says that maintenance will fix it in the morning, that for now can they go through our room, we said fine. So the next morning we get up have breakfast and get ready for our day at Stone Mountain. We spent the entire day at Stone Mountain, come back to room and the room key is still not fixed. So they go to front desk and manager was awful, said that it could not be fixed to just use our room to get in and out. Since the room was booked under my name, when they told me what happened I called the front desk right away, spoke with the manager and he said he had offered to move the other family, which was a lie, the other family said he never offered and just said to use our room. So I told the manager this was unacceptable, so he then offered to move them, but not us. I told him this was our first vacation together; we wanted to stay together, so he says we cannot guarantee if he tried to move us that we would be together. So I said no, we will stay where we were. All the time he was rude and nasty. Well it gets better, I send my daughter to go get ice and she comes back to say none of the ice machines have ice, so I call the front desk and the same rude manager says no we have no ice (not once apologizing). I said well do you have any in the lobby, he says NO! I said well I really need ice, he said too bad. He said because of the construction that things were affected around the hotel. Well I told him the woman the day before assured me nothing was going to be affected, so he says well when I booked the hotel, that it should have said there was construction, I said there was nothing on the website, he says then you did not go through Best Western you must have gone through a third party, I said of course I went through Best Western and it did not say anything about construction. So needless to say I had to go to buy a bag of ice. Then the breakfast provided was very nice, with the exception, there was no one working there to refill anything that ran out. The milk ran out and it took forever to get someone to refill it. Then upon check out, I ask for a receipt and the woman says you paid through a third party they get the receipt I said no I paid, so after research, she finally says I got it, here is your receipt. I said I would like the receipts for both rooms, since it was under my name, she says the other room was private and she could not give me the receipt, hello I paid for both rooms. She says oh you did, let me check. After about a good 10 minutes she says I cannot pull it up. I had, had it by this time; I just couldn't wait to get out of there, so I left without my second receipt. Honestly had I known there was construction and the rooms had issues and the staff was rude I would not have stayed there. Had the manager been more understanding and not SO RUDE, I would not be writing this letter. For our first time in Georgia, I cannot say that I would recommend this hotel. The cleaning lady was the only good thing; she was very nice, friendly and accommodating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quality Inn in Stone Mountain, Georgia near Stone Mountain Park The Quality Inn(R) hotel in Stone Mountain, GA offers easy access to outdoor fun at Stone Mountain Park and Yellow River Park. This Stone Mountain hotel is also a short drive away from Atlanta and attractions like the CNN Studio Tour, Georgia Dome, Phillips Arena and Turner Field. Relax in the seasonal outdoor pool, get work done in the 24 Hour business center and enjoy amenities like: Free hot breakfast Free wireless high-speed Internet access Free 24 hour coffee bar Free daily newspaper Free parking on premises All rooms feature flat-screen televisions with upgraded cable service, microwaves and refrigerators, hair dryers, in-room coffee and more. Get your money's worth at the Quality Inn hotel in Stone Mountain, Georgia. Book today for cozy rooms and all the amenities you've come to expect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Quality Inn - Stone Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Stone Mountain
- Stone Mountain Best Western