“Stayed at over 100 Best Western's, This was the Worst”

Quality Inn - Stone Mountain
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Everything seemed like it was going well, was checking in with pets and they are Pet Friendly. The main BW page does not mention a fee but am used to seeing a $20 fee for pets posted. Front desk seemed nice about it but said it was going to be $25 per pet. I asked them to check the web site to see what it said and they informed me that they were not going to do that, they have their policies. Had I known, I said I would have stayed somewhere else but it was late and needed the room. She said she could do a deal where I only paid for 1 pet so it would be half off. I appreciated her gesture and signed in. When it showed the pet price it was $15 a pet. I asked her is she was insulting my intelligence by telling me that the $15 was half price. She said I gave you half off so you are only paying for 1 pet. I then got her upset at me as I said I dont know where you went to school but half off of $25 is not $15. She got a bit loud with me and told me to file a complaint with Best Western.

We went to our room, the carpet was filthy, my wife walked around just a bit in her socks and they were black on the bottom. The beds were old and extremely uncomfortable, other than that was a pretty standard room.

Breakfast was supposed to start at 6 AM, and while we went at 6:15 AM, most things were not ready including the waffle mix. The biscuits were hard as rocks, the sausage gravy was so thin it was like water and same was with grits. Wife opted for cereal and of the 4 to choose from, one she wanted was empty so she had another and it was stale.

Checked out and mentioned to person at counter of our experience the night before at check in. He was extremely nice, very pleasant, said he would let the manager know. Said he was not going to give me a receipt as he was going to have manager take care of things. Said my receipt would be emailed to me and any questions, the manager would call me. Well that was a few days ago, no emailed receipt and no call yet the payment was posted.

Bad experience all around, I have stayed at over 100 different Best Western Properties over the past few years and this was the worst one,

2  Thank Sizzletime29
Manager_BestWestern, Manager at Quality Inn - Stone Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Sir,

I am sorry you had a bad experience at out hotel. Our pet fee is mentioned on our website, as well as informed to all guest at check-in. What my employee(s) did by not charging you the full price for both pets was the right thing to do to make it easier on our guest(s). Judging anyone about what school they went to in the heat of the moment can become insulting to anyone. All employees have been properly trained on customer service. As for breakfast goes we appreciate your comments we will be issuing a new training material to our breakfast team, thank you for staying at our many Best Western.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

The rooms were clean and comfortable. However, I was extremely disappointed at check in when they did not honor my request for adjoining rooms when I made my reservation months in advance.. They didn't even have it in their notes and they gave me two rooms that were on the opposite sides of the hotel! Watch out for the hot breakfast, it wasn't very hot and the biscuits and gravy were inedible.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Manager_BestWestern, Manager at Quality Inn - Stone Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Linda M,

I am sorry you were unable to receive an adjoining room during your stay, our space are limited during our busy season, requesting a specific option is just to see what we can do if we have the availability ( this is merily, just how the system is ran). It does not unfortunately guarantee your request it in the note section. We just opened up our new hot breakfast the weekend of your stay so your comments are very helpful to us on what we need to do to improve customer satisfaction. We do hope you come back and stay with us again.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed two nights and enjoyed mountain climbing at the Stone Mountain Park.The hotel is only 5 minutes drive from the park. The staff was very kind and friendly, too. We will definitely stay at this hotel if we ever had another chance to come to Atlanta.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Manager_BestWestern, Manager at Quality Inn - Stone Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Atsuko O

We appreciate your feedback reviewing the Best Western Stone Mountain , I will inform my staff with the great news and we definitely look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We always stay at Best Western unless there is not one available or there has been a block reservation by others for special occasions. The breakfast bar was not what we are accustomed to at Stone Mountain. It was not appealing to us. Oatmeal at McDonald's was better I'm sorry to say.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Lobby under construction was not the worst facet of this hotel by a long shot.
Room was bleak. Looked like it had never been updated for 50 years.
Breakfast was a joke. We specifically asked at the front desk if there was juice and yoghurt. That was all we wanted and were quite prepared to go and buy it. We were assured there was juice and yoghurt. Obviously the following morning there was none.
Also, my wife was not impressed by the used condom in the parking space outside our room.
We booked and prepaid thru hotels.com. Not using that service again.

Room Tip: There are better and in some cases cheaper hotels close by.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Carlos B
Manager_BestWestern, Manager at Quality Inn - Stone Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Carlos B,

Thank you for your candid feedback on your experience here at the Best Western Stone Mountain Hotel. I first would like to express my deepest apology for the prophylactic found in our parking lot. We are ensuring the grounds of our facility are being monitored more carefully. Being that our renovation was the entire front lobby we were unfortunate to work floor by floor to minimize guests exposure to noise and mess. The renovation was a reconstruction from an older Best Western Hotel and we are making progress to upgrade changes to our guests. I do hope you visit again to see the improvements we have made here at Best Western Stone Mountain.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Holes in wall Crummy breakfast, no meat, no eggs, no skim milk, no butter, no fruit, no juice, coffee ran out...waited for replacement... minimal seating (12) ...ate in our room. parking lot unsafe with ice and snow...no effort to make it safer. Dirty carpet and ?????. Insufficient towels. This space requires 200 words. Are they discouraging me to tell the truth. Said I could not write in caps. Others that paid more got a nicer room. We were relegated tp a low end room likely because we booked through another service online. When we checked in there were plenty of rooms from which to choose. Seemingly if you find a 'bargain rate'...you get a sub-par room. Very disappointed with Best Western on this one. This survey definitely takes more than five minutes...another over-statement.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 566sandrap

566sandrap

Thank you for your much expressed feedback with your stay at Best Western Stone Mountain Hotel. I am sorry you were exposed to our renovations at our facility we are making much needed renovations due to Best Western requests such as larger breakfast area. Our continental breakfast has been expanded to include more options and is now more closely monitored to ensure we have enough to satisfy all our guest, as we understand these are important to our guests. We do have limit amount of towels per room, as to Best Western standards, for any reason you may need extra towels please do not hesitate to contact the front desk and we will be glad to replenish more towels to you. Unfortunately during your stay Georgia had its worst ice storm and we were unable to make commendations to ensure safety to our parking lot. Due to the ice storm some of our employees were unable to make the drive and we were low staffed. Management is constantly looking for improvements and we thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

This time I stayed for a week for business at Best Western Stone Mountain.

Good location, next to Walmart and Outback steak house.

In general, hotel fits the standards of Best Western hotels, but due to renovation works, lobby was closed, and breakfast was served in one of guest rooms.

Breakfast was not so good, just begals, and some cookies. No meat.

From problems I encountered was just a door in my guest room, which didn't always locked, but I found workaround.

Staff is very friendly and helpful. When I got my room, it was no microwave and fridge in the room, but it was promply organized per my request.

The bottom line - I do suggest this hotel, espeically after renovation.

Room Tip: all the same
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Anatoly M
Manager_BestWestern, Manager at Quality Inn - Stone Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Anatoly M

Thank you for taking your time to review your stay at the Best Western Stone Mountain , I do apologize during your stay we were under renovation which it is now complete.

We offer continental breakfast which consist of oatmeal, cereal, tea, coffee, bagels, two types of bread, fruit, yogurt, danishes, muffins, and hot waffles we do not have cookies as our continental breakfast.

I apologize you have encountered the door situation which has been fixed by the maintenance crew the following day upon your checkout.

We hope to see you again so you will be able to see our newly remodeled front lobby and breakfast area to better serve our guest .