Everything seemed like it was going well, was checking in with pets and they are Pet Friendly. The main BW page does not mention a fee but am used to seeing a $20 fee for pets posted. Front desk seemed nice about it but said it was going to be $25 per pet. I asked them to check the web site to see what it said and they informed me that they were not going to do that, they have their policies. Had I known, I said I would have stayed somewhere else but it was late and needed the room. She said she could do a deal where I only paid for 1 pet so it would be half off. I appreciated her gesture and signed in. When it showed the pet price it was $15 a pet. I asked her is she was insulting my intelligence by telling me that the $15 was half price. She said I gave you half off so you are only paying for 1 pet. I then got her upset at me as I said I dont know where you went to school but half off of $25 is not $15. She got a bit loud with me and told me to file a complaint with Best Western.
We went to our room, the carpet was filthy, my wife walked around just a bit in her socks and they were black on the bottom. The beds were old and extremely uncomfortable, other than that was a pretty standard room.
Breakfast was supposed to start at 6 AM, and while we went at 6:15 AM, most things were not ready including the waffle mix. The biscuits were hard as rocks, the sausage gravy was so thin it was like water and same was with grits. Wife opted for cereal and of the 4 to choose from, one she wanted was empty so she had another and it was stale.
Checked out and mentioned to person at counter of our experience the night before at check in. He was extremely nice, very pleasant, said he would let the manager know. Said he was not going to give me a receipt as he was going to have manager take care of things. Said my receipt would be emailed to me and any questions, the manager would call me. Well that was a few days ago, no emailed receipt and no call yet the payment was posted.
Bad experience all around, I have stayed at over 100 different Best Western Properties over the past few years and this was the worst one,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quality Inn in Stone Mountain, Georgia near Stone Mountain Park The Quality Inn(R) hotel in Stone Mountain, GA offers easy access to outdoor fun at Stone Mountain Park and Yellow River Park. This Stone Mountain hotel is also a short drive away from Atlanta and attractions like the CNN Studio Tour, Georgia Dome, Phillips Arena and Turner Field. Relax in the seasonal outdoor pool, get work done in the 24 Hour business center and enjoy amenities like: Free hot breakfast Free wireless high-speed Internet access Free 24 hour coffee bar Free daily newspaper Free parking on premises All rooms feature flat-screen televisions with upgraded cable service, microwaves and refrigerators, hair dryers, in-room coffee and more. Get your money's worth at the Quality Inn hotel in Stone Mountain, Georgia. Book today for cozy rooms and all the amenities you've come to expect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn - Stone Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Stone Mountain
- Stone Mountain Best Western