“Decent Stay, Reasonable Price”

Quality Inn - Stone Mountain
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
“Decent Stay, Reasonable Price”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here in July 2014 for 5 days and had no issues. The front desk staff was polite when we checked in, let us know how to access the free wifi, when the free breakfast was served, and also told us about the events taking place that weekend. The room was pretty standard. Two queen beds, microwave, and refrigerator. The room was clean. They do have pool, not huge but good enough. The location was also good, lots of choices for food, a Walmart is also nearby if you need to grab something. About a 30 min drive from downtown Atlanta which isn't bad considering the money you save by not staying in downtown Atlanta. The only compliant we had was the tv in our room would sometimes lose sound or no reason and when we first arrived the smelled like smoke and it was a non smoking room. Overall, it was fine to stay in, it is motel style, so don't expect too many luxuries. But if you need a decent, clean and reasonable place to stay this is perfect.

Stayed July 2014
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn - Stone Mountain, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
I'm glad you found our location to be convenient, though your impression of the smell of our room and TV is quite distressing. We will address the housekeeping staff and maintenance task right away for the benefit of our future guests, which hopefully will include yourself. We hope that everything turned out all right and we are looking forward to seeing you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Tacoma, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We had to switch rooms multiple times. The first room had dirty rags on the counter and we were unsure if the room had been thoroughly cleaned. The 2nd room had a toilet that did not work. We were given a plunger to fix it ourselves. When that didn't work. We had to repack and move to a 3rd room. This room had fish crackers on the floor and the TV had no sound. We tried everything we could to make it work, but didn't want to move again so we just shut it off. The people were nice, but not very accommodating or helpful.

1 Thank Tracie A
I am very sorry to hear that you experienced such unusual circumstances and inconveniences during your most recent stay with us, especially that we were not able to address the issues right away. I deeply regret that our staff was unable to accommodate your needs and that you encountered housekeeping issues as well. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and to bring this matter to our attention.
ga
Reviewed 28 July 2014

carpet is filthy and the whole place needs a good cleaning. I wore socks in the room and the bottom of them were black after a few hours in the room. The arms on the desk chair were broken. The bed sheets had not been changed since the last guest. They did put new sheets on the bed. I did not report the dirty carpet or the broken chair.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

It is disheartening to learn that you did not enjoy your stay and that the room was not properly and thoroughly cleaned as your socks turned black and maintained as the arms of the chairs are broken. It is through feedback like yours that we are able to quickly address housekeeping and maintenance issues. We hope to see you again someday and to transform your opinion of our hotel and service.
Myrtle Beach, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2014

rented 2 rooms...one smelled like cat urine; other was not quite as bad. had to be moved to another room. Location is wonderful for Stone mountain park...but rooms need complete revamp. Cost of room good.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I’m glad you found our location to be convenient, though I do apologize for the smell of cat urine that you experienced in your room. We hope that everything turned out all right and we are looking forward to seeing you again!
Wentzville, Missouri
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stopped here to see Stone Mountain on our way through Atlanta returning home after our vacation to Florida. The room was clean & comfortable. The free breakfast offered more than we needed & was very good. The staff were friendly & helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am glad that you found our accommodations to be comfortable and our service to be welcoming. It is great to hear of how you enjoyed the value, cleanliness, and the convenient location of our hotel! We look forward to your next visit!
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 17 July 2014

First of all the location is very close to Stone Mountain which attracted me to this Hotel initially, this was the only plus in my opinion.
Now the negatives.....
1) Exterior entrances with people hanging out front of multiple rooms smoking and talking loudly.
2) Exterior stairwells that did not have lights making them very dark.
3) Bags of trash and pizza boxes sitting in the hallways.
4) Carpet seemed dirty
5) Arrived at 7:30 pm and air was set to off and it took hours to cool the room down.
6) WiFi wouldn't connect.

Breakfast was average but good variety of items.
While not a terrible hotel in my opinion it is overpriced. My recommendation is to pay the extra $25 and stay in different brand of hotel as you will be happy. Next time I will as I have learned my lesson.

1 Thank Timjka
I'm glad you found our location to be convenient. However, I wish that your expectations had been exceeded in comfort, convenience, and quality amenities. Know that your voice is of tremendous importance to us and we are confronting each of the issues that you mentioned to ensure that no guest has this experience in the future. I hope you will change your mind about seeking out new accommodations in the area and that you'll give us another chance to change your perception of our hotel.
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The ac was turned on and I left the room for several hours. Came back and laid down and noticed a lot of humidity coming from the a/c. My poor elderly mother noticed it wasn't cooling very well. After some time I finally got the courage to go to the front desk to see if they could switch us to another room. Immediately the clerk said that is was normal because it was over 90 degrees outside and the a/c worked that way. I was in shock. I knew already that something was wrong with the a/c (I could tell it was over 20 years old) and thought the clerk was giving me the run around. I was insistent that the a/c did not work properly and wanted another room. Finally the clerk gave in and said if I insisted that she would get me another room. I had to move my luggage all over again and get another key. This room, I noticed a tremendous difference in the a/c. It was a newer unit and cooled great. But then we heard knocking noises all throughout the night which scared my poor mother. Breakfast was nothing to write home about. Those eggs were awful. Will never, ever stay there again. The quality of the room, the attitude of the clerks. They need to tear down this hotel and build another one and give their staff sensitivity training. I doubt they fixed the a/c and rented that room out because of the 4th of july weekend!