“A very pleasant surprise”
Review of Stone Mountain Inn

Stone Mountain Inn
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
cape coral florida
“A very pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

First of all, this is not a 5 star hotel if you are looking for an upscale property with top-notch
furniture, fancy concierge services, and top-hat doormen, and all the other extras associated
with a 5 star rating. However, I am giving this hotel 5 stars for the following reasons: 1) It is
located in the middle of the Stone Mountain Park and an 8 minute walk across a street and walkway to the entrance to the village with all the kid's fun things and the snow park with the
tubes and the downhill snow 'runs'. I cannot tell you how easy it was going to the snow park
and even more so with the return in the evening after an 8-9 hour visit when the 8 of us were
TIRED,VERY TIRED. A set of parents, a set of grandparents, and 4 grandchildren. 2) The Inn
has a hearty breakfast buffet to get you off on a good start and, more importantly, a substantial buffet dinner between 4 and 8 p.m. ( Last seating at 7:30 pm ). There are very few restaurants in this area and the buffets were a major, major plus. 3) The service was friendly and efficient.
4) The double-bedded rooms were huge with more than enough room for 2 adults and 2 children
in each room, with plenty of 'move-around' room for the kids to stretch and play. Now, all of that being said, the furniture was not fancy but rather basic with plenty of light. Bathrooms, too, were basic and nothing fancy--those things were not a concern for us since we used the connecting
rooms to sleep and change clothes. We would stay here in a heartbeat if ever in the area since it met our needs.

1 Thank whiteshadow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Marriot Stone Mountain Inn sit across the street from the granit carving on mountain. Great view, with a country feel. The rooms were very spacious and very clean. My room had a desk , fridge, pullout couch, sofa chair, 2 beds, double sink, double closets, sliding doors to balcony or to courtyard. Its safe to say the rooms were almost twice the size of the average motel room.
The rooms has an older country feel it which my family and Teenagers all loved, GREAT PRICE! Average price on line is about $80.

Room Tip: best location to stay if visiting stone mountain park.
2 Thank jujuchiha
Athens, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Had stayed there several years ago for Christmas and it needed some update and grounds upkeep. When we made reservations, they told us the rooms had been remodeled and they were right! Rooms were very spacious and comfortable. Clean and very hospitable staff! Grounds were in much better shape. The breakfast came with our rooms and it is absolutely wonderful......just one complaint: Wi-Fi was NOT free, cost was $12.95 and that was not something I was willing to do! The Inn is within walking distance of Snow Mountain, the Skyride to Stone Mountain and Crossroads Area.....GREAT location!

Room Tip: Rooms on back do NOT have view of Stone Mountain if you want to be able to look at it. Ours had a vi...
1 Thank kcs618
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
Reviewed 3 December 2013

While attending a wedding for my nephew I was booking into the Stone Mountain Inn by his mother. My first surprise was entering Stone Mountain Park to get to the Inn--I had to pay $10 that is non-refundable just to get to the Inn; I told them I was headed to the Inn and that I had a wedding to attend but still had to pay (once in I did get a slip of paper that allowed me to travel in and out of the park).
Check in was quick and gracious. I was given a room about 3/4 of the way around the building (without a view of "the mountain") even though it was the off season and the hotel was 3/4 empty.
The room smelled like it had been closed up for months if not years. Musty and still. The refrigerator had been turned off and the door left closed so no place to keep my cold drinks cold (at least for a couple of hours). The room was huge but dated; my wife thought that it must look the way it did when Elvis slept there. Definitely a 1970s throwback--suspended ceilings, heavy curtains, drab carpet, broken lock on the sliding-glass doors, etc.. The bathroom (tub/toilet area) had been updated recently, new tub enclosure and the benefit of a separate sink in this enclosed area. There is another sink area outside the bath area which hadn't been touched since maybe the 1960s--very tired looking, obvious wear and tear, right down to the 1950s wall heater which I couldn't bring myself to turn on, lest it start a fire...
The website says that the Inn has "Free WiFi" but when I tried to connect the site in my room it asked for $14.95--I thought that maybe I needed a code from the front desk to access it so I called and was told that the "Free WiFi" was located in their lobby and to access WiFi in the rooms I would be billed the $14.95. I was outraged! I was already paying between $169-$189 and no amenities???? I did contact the on-site manager and she lowered my rate to $149-$159 (sacrificing the breakfast included package) and confided in me that this was "the hotel that time forgot".
Don't be fooled by the pictures on the website as I was. I thought that this would be a great, antebellum-style hotel experience but instead felt like I had stopped into the Bates Motel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Steven B
Stn_Mtn_Inn, Manager at Stone Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Dear Steven B,

We are very sorry to hear of the disappointments you experienced while being a guest with us. We are a unique property and comments such as yours help us see the areas we can improve on. If you would like to discuss your stay further please contact the hotel directly at (77)469-3311.
Melissa
Homewood, Alabama
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I have been a Marriot Vacation Club member for over ten years. I had the pleasure of being invited to Atlanta for the Thanksgiving holiday by a college friend for dinner, to review the Christmas presentation and Stone Mountain and a Hawks Basketball game. I found the sho at the park a refreshing reminder of what Christmas used to be about and the hotel itself was filled with cheerful personnel. However on Friday, we were late leaving the room. The attendant dropped towels off and said that she may not be able to get back to us because she may be busy. I called to let the desk clerk know that we were leaving, this was around 11:30 am. She said that the staff was there until 5pm. When we retuned at 12:30am the room was not cleaned. Bathtub dirty from where water had backed up, garbage cans running over, towels on the floor. The manager said that there was nothing she could do since we had an associates rate. ( I do not was in a dirty bath tub at home.) I paid the bill anyway. This is not the Marriot that I a accustomed to. This location does harm to the Marriott brand with this attitude. Whether we are a guest or an employee or not this should not make a difference in whether we should or should not get a clean room and consideration in customer service. The manager did offer breakfast. I wanted a shower. The room was locked when we returned. The manager walked away from the counter as if she did not care if the customer was satisfied or not. As previously stated I have been a vacation club member for over ten years, when I travel abroad my company uses Marriott so I live at Marriott hotels eight to ten times a year, Disappointed is a understatement.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Stn_Mtn_Inn, Manager at Stone Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Mr. Tim C,
I am sorry to hear about the issues you experienced at our hotel. I would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns if you could contact me directly at the hotel. Once again, please accept my apologies for not delivering the level of service you expected.

Melissa - Operations Manager
eclectic
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Just spent 2 nights at this inn. Huge rooms. Restaurant breakfast and evening meal were delicious and the service from the lady from Bosnia was superior. She anticipated our every need. Inn was very convenient to the Stone Mountain Park activities--easy walk.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Janiec3,

We are very happy to see you enjoyed your time with us. Our staff takes great pride in the service they provide especially our Food & Beverage team who took care of you in our restuarant. We hope you will visit us again soon and appreciate the positive feedback you provided in your review.

Melissa
Newnan, Georgia
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My husband & I stayed at this hotel for my husband's 40th birthday and it was wonderful. Never stayed inside the park before but it was well worth it. Got a package deal which was a great deal for the money. The room was huge and comfortable, it was quiet and in walking distance of the park. dinner & breakfast buffet was good. Looking forward to going back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain
Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain
#8 of 11 in Stone Mountain
La Quinta Inn & Suites Snellville - Stone Mountain

Been to Stone Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!