“Large room. Quiet place.”
Review of Stone Mountain Inn

Stone Mountain Inn
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
Tampa Bay, FL
“Large room. Quiet place.”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

The room was huge. It was clean. The furniture was colonial. Since it was in the 20s outside, it was nice to have the heater in the bathroom. We were across the street from Snow Mountain which was very convenient. The hotel was quiet. We wish the restaurant would have been open, but there were good places close by once you went out the gate and turned right, going left out of the park took you through an undesirable and dark scary area. The rock quarry in the park was fun.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank mandiebrian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We have stayed at the Stone Mountain Inn many times over the years and have yet to be disappointed. The room is absolutely huge compared to others and easily sleeps 5. 2 Doubles/1 King and a pull out sofa bed. The balcony and wooden rocking chairs really gave us the feel we were looking for at this hotel. As with all Marriotts you are going to get great service and clean rooms. The Discover Stone Mountain Package is a steal for families. The southern breakfast buffet is to die for, especially with a nice cup of coffee overlooking the beautiful mountain. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank CaribbeanCruiserBVI
Stn_Mtn_Inn, Manager at Stone Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Dear CaribbeanCruiserBVI,

I am happy to see you are cotinuing to enjoy your time with us during your recent stay. The staff at the Stone Mountain Inn takes great pride in the service they provide to our guests and reviews like yours help to illustrate this. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I planned to stay a week & only stayed one night. Room was on 2nd floor & had 2 double beds (not the king bed option which was my choice). All rooms get accessed through the outside (not through the lobby). No elevator. You will be bringing your luggage up the stairs yourself.
Room was spacious & balcony w/2 rocking chairs was a nice touch. However, walls are thin (or not well-insulated). I could hear the family in the room next door (the TV, the kids coughing). I was thankful when the heat kicked on to muffle the sounds of my neighbors. Furniture decor is dated (but maybe that's the ambiance intended). TV was old-style w/the large backs (not the flat panel HD).
For a Category 5, I was disappointed (having already stayed at a JW (in Las Vegas) which is a Category 5).
Breakfast buffet the next day was plentiful & service was great. Lots of cut up fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, oatmeal, scones, bagels, et cetera.
Staff was courteous & lobby was immaculate. The large staircase in the lobby leading to the restaurant reminded me of Gone with the Wind & the beautiful staircase featured in the movie.
Bring a flashlight when you get ice after dark. Machine is outside &, although it's well-lit while walking to the machine, once there, it's completely dark. I couldn't even see the button to push to dispense the ice. I walked back to my room to retrieve the bucket (which was in the bathroom & I hadn't noticed it before) plus a flashlight.

Room Tip: Two floors & if your room is on the 2nd floor, you will be carrying your luggage up the stairs...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mayinfl
Stn_Mtn_Inn, Manager at Stone Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Mayinfl,
Thank you so much for providing feedback concerning your recent stay with us. We have taken your comments very seriously and sincerely apologize your weren't completely satisfied with your experience with us. If you would like to discuss it further please feel free to contact us at the hotel directly.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Service was gracious. Rooms and baths large with nice balconies. Breakfast buffet delicious. But we have never slept in more uncomfortable beds. The mattresses are foam and old. The double beds seem really small. The linens bunched up with the badly-fitting mattress covers to make lots of wrinkles under you as you tried not to slide off the sagging edge. We were all semi awake all night and exhausted from bad sleep the next day. Would not stay again.

• Stayed March 2014
Stn_Mtn_Inn, Manager at Stone Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Terrelladeville,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your recent stay. I am happy to see you appreciated our staff service, size of our deluxe rooms and our breakfast buffet offerings. I do apologize that the beds and bedding in our rooms did not meet your expectations. We want all of our guests to enjoy all aspects of their time with us and I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your recent visit. We are always looking for ways to make improvements at our hotel and reviews such as yours helps us in doing this. I hope you continue to choose to stay at Marriotts in future travels. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly if you would like to discuss your stay further.

Melissa L.
Operations Manager
Martinez, Georgia
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I'm a little puzzled by some of the really awful reviews, so don't let them turn you away from this hotel. It may be due to much higher expectations than I have, but regardless, we had a wonderful stay here over the long weekend. The location is perfect and we didn't even need our car after arriving. Snow Mountain, Summit Skyride, Crossroads were all within walking distance. We had a deluxe room with 2 double beds and a sleeper sofa. The room was spacious, clean, and quiet. The service was excellent and all of our needs were met. We purchased the breakfast package and were very pleased with the more than adequate hot buffet breakfast. My whole family was able to eat plenty, something for everyone! Dinner was a bit pricey for the selection offered, but we did eat there one night. Restaurant staff were all very friendly and provided great service. We were not troubled by lack of free wifi, although it is usually expected (these days), we were looking for a weekend away and anything I needed I could do from my iPhone. If we were desperate, we would have paid the daily charge. Overall, our stay provided a great family weekend getaway and we weren't left wanting/needing anything! I definitely would recommend a stay here!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank momoffour74
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Used this trip for a get away for my wife and myself before heading down to Florida to met up with friends. I read a lot of review that were mixed for this hotel. but being a Marriott Platinum Elite member I thought I would give it a try. Wow is what I'm thinking. Is the hotel a part of the park? You'll think so as it's right across the street. I had heard the the front desk staff were less than pleasant from other reviews. But not for me, they were the best part of the hotel. They made sure we had maps and knew where to go and places to eat. We enjoyed the park that day and returned to a huge room. the hotel does show it's age but we found it clean and yes we always look for the little things that craw. We stayed two night the first was on a Saturday night and the Hotel was full. On Sunday night there were just a few rooms sold for that night. the park not being open on Monday made a big difference. The breakfast buffet was very good and was includes with my room since I am a Marriott Platinum member. I also got free internet. We will return to this hotel maybe in a year or two when our grandson gets a little older.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Stn_Mtn_Inn, Manager at Stone Mountain Inn, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
I am so delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and gave us such a nice review. The staff at the Stone Mountain Inn take great pride in meeting and exceeding our guest(s) expectations whenever possible an your feedback illustrates that. We look forward to you being our guest in the future and appreciate your continued support as a Marriott Elite Member.

College Station, Texas
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My family stayed in this hotel for two nights during the Christmas break mainly because it is in the stone mountain park and we needed to go to the stone mountain park for two days.

The best thing about this inn is that it is right across the park. Unless you have toddler or baby, you could just let your car relax in the hotel parking lot, and walk to the park. Sky ride, and the main entrance is right across a small street.

We stayed in the two double room, and the room was very spacious. There was no microwave, but they got me one when I made a request. I'm not sure this is for all the rooms, but the A/C unit made lots of noise when heating.

There were some bugs ranging from small flies to moth. If you don't like bugs and need to stay in for summer, I would not recommend this one.

However, we really liked the room, the hotel, and the park, so if we have another chance, we will stay another night or we could try the Evergreen resort next time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We take your concerns very seriously and your comments have been reviewed with our housekeeping and engineering staff. We truly apologize for your inconvenience you experienced while a guest with us. We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stone Mountain
Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain
Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain
#8 of 11 in Stone Mountain
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake

Been to Stone Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!