“Great cakes and chai”

Sherbet Cafe & Bake Shop
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Maylands
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

This is a great place for any occasion. the chai latte is wonderful I love there chicken toasted sandwich
The cakes are all delicious

Reviewed 21 June 2018

I love the 50’s feel they have recreated with the laminated tables and the booths down one side. The only problem is trying to decide which one of the delicious cakes to order.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I took my 2 year old here for morning tea. Here are the positives. There is parking behind the shop which is very handy. There is plenty of seating inside, and if you had one pram you would be fine (two at a stretch). There is lots of choice as far as cakes and sweets are concerned, and a good range of savoury options, plus a menu for breakfast and everyday foods. There are gluten free, vegetarian and dairy free options available. The atmosphere is really nice and busy, and its close to lots of cute little shops.

The negatives are that the cakes are okay but not fabulous. I asked at the counter for a less sweet cake. I had a coconut lemon syrup plum cake. This was way too sweet. I actually needed the cream they served it with to take tge edge off. I couldnt finish it which killed me seeing as it wasnt cheap. I ordered my daughter a plain chocokate cupcake. These come iced but I find that too messy for a toddler. The flavour was fine, but the cupcake was too crumbly. That is not what a cupcake should be like. Also the cost was a little high. $15.50 for a ; coffee$4.50; baby cino $1.50 ;cupcake and slice of cake not sure of individual prices but come on.

While the cakes really disappointed me, I would go again if I had a mothers group, or a bigger coffee catch up I needed to organise, but I would stick to a sandwich or maybe try breakfast.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Great place for a Catch up.
Close to the city
Easy to get to
Amazing food to choose from for a cuppa and cake/slice
Great service, friendly staff
Character of shop was warming.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

OMG.. I am so over cafes in Perth charging stupid money for a poached egg on gluten free toast with smashed avo... please people.. have some imagination.. this is all so 2017. Also.. eggs bacon and no sausages? Whatever next..

2  Thank ScrumBumJakarta