Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Suwanee/Mall of Georgia
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Suwanee
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Family stay”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I visited the area while I was visiting my sister from out of town. I had a great experience at both check in,and check out. The front desk was very helpful, housekeeping kept the rooms very clean, and my daughters had a lot of fun in the pool. Definitely a good place to be with your family. I would be back again when I am in town again.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Yesenia_garcia
Jay G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Suwanee/Mall of Georgia, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
We at Red Roof Inn Suwanee/Mall of Georgia want to thank you for taking your precious time in posting your comments during your recent stay.

We are so pleased to hear that you had a great time during your stay at Red Roof Inn Suwanee-Mall of Georgia. We are constantly upgrading our rooms and chances are that you will like your future statys even more than your current one.

We live by the following moto " To provide the nicest rooms on the exit at the nicest price".

We look forward to your future visits.

Thanks

Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is apparently a dump motel that Red Roof tried to upgrade. The result should be an embarrassment to Red Roof. The makeover job of our room was pathetic.

1. room was not ready when promised.
2. front desk service was poor.
3. A/C made the room cool, but did not reduce humidity. Carpeting and sheets were damp.
4. WiFi and cable TV reception was poor.
5. bathroom door did not close properly.
6. Room was shabby and poorly maintained.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Jay G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Suwanee/Mall of Georgia, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear valued customer

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are not happy to hear that you had issues with your stay at the hotel as this is not the norm. We have over 80 to 90 customers that have eheck in and out with no issues every day and enjoy staying at our hotel. Rest assured that we are taking your observations very seriously and I have assigned our top housekeeper to thouroughly check all rooms regularly for any issues as sometimes we get new housekeepers who do not relay room issues to our maintenance staff properly.

We have very strict quality control program and we are constantly upgrading the rooms that dont meet our strict quality check.

I hope that you give us another try in the future and rest assured that your next stay will not have issues as you encountered this time.

World that we live by here at the Red Roof Inn Suwanee/Mall of Georgia is to offer the nicest rooms on the exit at the nicest price.

I hope that you decide to try us again and you
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Red Roof very much, room was clean and well kept. I was pleased with the services from the staff, housekeepers were very attentive to the customers needs and exceeded my expectations. The price was well worth it! I would recommend this hotel for anyone who would like a great deal and excellent service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bibiy M
Thank you for taking your valuable time to evaluate your stay at Red Roof Inn-Atlanta/Mall of Georgia in Suwanee, Ga. We are very pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations on your stay.

Most of the time, Only the guests who have a bad experience take the time to review our hotel as everyone expect only the best room and service from our staff.

We are very pleased that you came all the way from florida to stay at our hotel. We are a newly renovated hotel and much more renovations are on their way so I hope that you continue to stay at our hotel for years to come.

We live by the motto to offer the nicest rooms on the exit at the nicest price.
Atlanta
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I came to this hotel after staying at the Motel 6 across the way for a week, which is, by the way about $50 more expensive, at the recommendation of a friend. He stayed at the Motel 6 and stated that The Red Roof Inn had nicer rooms and that they were less expensive and "way better". Less expensive and nicer rooms are always a bonus. After discussing with the front desk my room requirements, quiet and on the first floor, I made a reservation for a week. When I got to the hotel I discovered that I was to be given a room by the ice machine, which as we all know are noisy high traffic areas, when again explained to her what I had previously discussed with the front desk agent and she then told me that I would be given a deluxe room at the same price as I guess a non deluxe room. Low and behold a deluxe room is considered to be a room with a microwave and refrigerator. She also stated that he as in luck as she just finished cleaning this room and it was good to go. As I parked and walked to this room I had to maneuver through clouds of cigarette smoke as everyone seemed to sit outside blocking the way smoking, as I get up to the door I hear a commotiom downstairs and see that its a man and his son playing with swords outside in the grass beneath the room mind you it's after 10PM. Now if that wasn't enough I opened the room to an odor of dirt and skin. The bed looked as if someone had just gottwn out of it and hurried to make the bed before I arrived, now I know what the from desk agent meant by "she just left the room." The furniture was huge and crammed into this tiny room. As I turned around to go back out I noticed that I would have had a few roommates ANTS!!!! As I came out of the room and proceeded down the stairs I ran into a couple who obviously didn't understand the term "get a room" as they were making out by a car parked near mine. When I went back to the office and explained all of this, they seemed shocked as if this stuff just didn't happen at this location and as if this was the first time it had occurred. I got my money back and called up the Motel 6 who welcomed me back with open arms. Immediately after checking back into the Motel 6 I called my frind who recommended this dump and let him have it. I wouldnt let my dog or worst enemy stay at this place.

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank dhill1117
Hotel Managment G, Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Suwanee/Mall of Georgia, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Guest

We are very disturbed to hear that you had a bad experience at our hotel as this is not normal. We have over 90 guests checkin and check out everyday. We would have gladly moved you to a new room if you had notified the front desk immediately upon entering the room that you had an issue. We do have the best rooms on the exit and definitely better than motel6. I am not sure why you would prefer to pay more at motel6 for a lesser quality room but that is upto you.

We have a very strict quality control on room quality and cleaniness and sometimes we do make mistake. It seems that you visit the suwanee/mall of georgia area occasionally, we would love to have you give us a try again . We constantly monitor our guests and we do evict them if we suspect any illegal activity on our property. Since I dont have any information on you, i hope that you are not upset that we evicted you from our property. Our policy is that if we get a single complaint against any guest on our property, we evict them immediately and put them on the do not rent list.

sincerely

Management
Villa Rica, Georgia
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were a little surprised by this hotel.

I planned a quick, last minute getaway for my husband and booked with this hotel. The people at check in were ok, the staff during the daytime of our stay were excellent. The room was clean, and smelled good. It is an older hotel so the decor needs a little updating. TV viewing quality was poor, but that doesn't matter if your spending your time visiting Lake Lanier or Chatue Elan....

The pool was clean and even has a handicapped chair lift.

I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet the area is, and how polite and respectful the other guests were, because there is a liquor store right on the property and an Adult Entertaiment Store across the Hwy. (not happy about this, glad we didn't have the kids with us)

The towels in our room were dirty (not just a little) but the staff did make up for this immediately.

Over all, if your looking for an inexpensive, last minute (or planned) place to stay, not too bad. Remember, it's not a 4 star hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel Managment G, Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Suwanee/Mall of Georgia, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
First of all we really appreciate your last minute visit to our hotel and providing us feedback on your visit. We are never happy when our customers do not rank us as the best hotel on the exit. We are very surprised to see that our housekeepers forgot to clean your room properly. If you had reported this issue at the front desk, we would have immediately moved you into an upgraded room . We will have to investigate and find out how you there were dirty towels in your room. We do have inspector that checks rooms once they are cleaned and not sure how your room would have been skipped for inspection. We also check all the vacant rooms in the morning to ensure that all rooms marked clean in the system are still clean so that we do not rent uncleaned room by accident to our valued customers.

Our Motto at Red Roof Inn Suwanee is to provided the nicest Clean Rooms at the nicest price. Please call us or let us know which room you stayed in so that we can find out how we missed cleaning your room. We are always improving and rehabbing the rooms
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Enjoyed our stay here recently, The Room was clean and well kept - expected average but was pleased it was well above average. Everything worked and was in fine order. No traces of cigarette smoke. Clean bedding. no trash left in the room. Flat screen w/ cable - movies etc. Mini Fridge and and ironing board etc. Everything one needed to stay a night or a week. The clerk was friendly and helpful and easily handled our reservation. There was a continental breakfast, Waffles were available to make with all the trimmings. Coffee was fresh and tasted great. The out door pool was closed so cant rate that for you. I am sure it would be open in june or july. We didnt try the room service but did call the front desk for information

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thanks you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your visit. We are so glad that we met or exceeded your expectation on your stay. We are always striving to provide the best rooms on the exit at the best price. Chances are that you will find our rooms even more cozier and nicer on your next visit as we are always rehabbing the rooms for our loyal customers.
Florence, Alabama
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Great Location for surrounding area. Maria(manager) and Jose(front desk) were amazing, as were the other 3 staff members I met, although didn't get their names. Great Room, Great Price! Great Staff!!!

Room Tip: Had a room right by the pool, no noise at all. Very pleased!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kwdarby
Jay G, Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Suwanee/Mall of Georgia, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for celebrating your birthday with us. Next time let us know that you are celebrating your birthday as we do special decorations for rooms during special occasions.

We are so glad that you had a great stay.

Our team is not happy until all our customers are happy.

We look forward to your next visit
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suwanee
Motel 6 Gwinnett Center
Quality Inn
#9 of 10 in Suwanee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buford at Mall of Georgia
Crossland Studios Atlanta - Lawrenceville

Been to Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Suwanee/Mall of Georgia? Share your experiences!