“life saver”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Suwanee
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“life saver”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I originally made a reservation with the hotel next door but unknown to me it closes at 11pm and we wanted to check in at 11:45. Landing at the motel 6 we ended up with bigger beds a flat screen tv plus refrigerator and microwave all for the same price as we would have paid for none of this next door. check in was a breeze and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. I was very happy with this experience and glad we ended up here. I

Note: bring your own hairdryer this one did not work well. No coffeemaker in room either but free coffee in lobby, It's still a great hotel for the price!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My family and I lived there for 16 months. From August 2011-October 2012, it was a worthwhile stay. Most of the staff were friendly and became like family. We even still keep in touch with some of the staff that used to work there. However, once management changed and all of the former staff were let go, things changed and for the worst. The place REALLY went downhill. I honestly don't advise anybody to stay there, choose a different location.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank K J
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 22 February 2013

If you're looking for a room that has no coffee maker, no kleenex & no hair dryer, then this is the place. Tired & tatty is the word. Our room looked out on a nasty alleyway with garbage so I closed the curtain & pretended it wasn't there. The room itself was not too bad but the hotel plumbing was loud.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank philindy
Midwest City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I'm having to stay at this place because my husband is in the hospital and if I could I would change motels. I called up to see if they ,allowed pets and to see how much for a week, prices was decent and they do allow pets (free). The woman told me that at that time they had no rooms but would in an hour. So I packed up my stuff (my husband is a trucker and I travel with him) in the truck and headed up here. First of all I've stayed at several Motel 6 all over the US, and have always had good service and enjoyed staying there. Ok so I bring my electric skillet so that I can cook seeing that we are short on cash,well I get up here and they tell me no cooking at all in the rooms, not even in my skillet, so I was like Ok fine. Ok so I go to check in and the lady tells me she doesn't have any rooms and I would have to wait till 3pm (it's currently noon), I ask her can I sit here in the lobby and wait, she tells no you'll have to wait outside since you have dogs, my dogs are in a carrier (also they both chihuahuas and together they weight maybe 10pds). OK fine I ask her is there a table I can sit at, no she tells me. So I sit outside in the cold and misting the weather is doing. The whole time I'm out there 3 couples came in and checked in but yet there was no rooms available. I finally get a room and then the construction starts and the room is not the cleanest, handprints on the mirrors, cans of soda hid under the bed skirt. And now they tell me I have to leave the room so that housekeeping and come in and service it. Ok this is a big inconvensive to me because I have no place to go and no car, I told them that it really didn't need it that I had only used one towel only been in here 2 days. NEVER again will I stay here

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank OKCountryGal
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 26 December 2012

I lived there for a year and 4 months. The first year and 2 months were great.Great employees great management very nice ppl i called it home. Then the last 2 months were hell. The place had new owners fired all the american staff the hot water was turned off for 4 days we didnt get a refund. The ice machine never works one the security doors doesnt work there is a gapping hole in the walkway of that security door which is blocking off an exit and a handicap ramp. In there eyes your in there home now follow there rules. They told a teenage kid that he couldnt leave his room cause they kept blaming him for all the problem that were going on around the building. I suggest to the people that they find themselves another motel if they stay in suwanee.

Room Tip: None of them
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Jeff S
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Ever since the new owners, this what used to be a 90+% occupied motel had a friendly staff, but no more. Now this Motel 6 has less than 40% occupancy and the new owners do not even post the room rates. They give them verbally as they change to suit their needs. Anywhere from $39.99 to $49.99/day, so negotiate if you want to stay a few hours. There are better places to stay that WILL post their Room Rates and not play favourites. This was a nice place to stay before ownership changed recently. This is not what you would consider a Motel 6 in my opinion.

Room Tip: There is no good room to choose.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank LexLuthorAtlanta
Williamston, South Carolina
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I will start with the good. The staff was super friendly. Now the bad: My friend and I were put in a room next to the ice machine and the door leading to the lobby. Our door rattled every time anyone went into or came out of the lobby. The noise and the gravel and 2x4 bed kept me awake all night. The doors leading to the outside (where only guests are supposed to be able to enter) were all fixed so anyone could come and go at will. Not a very good feeling when the room you are given is just inside one of these doors.

Room Tip: Stay away from any rooms near the office and ice machine
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank DeniseGM42
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suwanee
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Suwanee
Comfort Inn & Suites Sugarloaf-Suwanee
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#9 of 10 in Suwanee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buford at Mall of Georgia
Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth
Courtyard Atlanta Suwanee

Been to Motel 6 Gwinnett Center? Share your experiences!