“Hotel needs upgraded to the new Courtyard standard.”

Courtyard Atlanta Suwanee
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Suwanee
Concord, NC
“Hotel needs upgraded to the new Courtyard standard.”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Like almost all Marriott properties, the staff is well trained in customer service. This hotel is worn and needs upgraded. Thin walls in the room, could hear the guest walking in the next room and could hear the TV at 11pm. Toilets are those lots of volume quick flush type that you can hear from room to room. Drain cover in tub was broken. Tub was chipped up a bit. Room felt damp and increasing the A/C coldness didn't help. Wake up call came from the person at the desk and from the automatic voice system. Got two calls three mornings in a row. Sofa in the king room is worn. Breakfast was good and the staff was friendly and helpful (Shaqueena). Front desk clerk Millitza (sp?) did a good job, too. Elevator door was loud, so glad my room wasn't close to it. No treadmill in the gym and one of the machines was out of order. I wouldn't stay here again because of the room noise.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed 26 September 2013

After several trips to Atlanta and always staying in a Marriott this one was more like a hotel 6. Not that they are bad just not as nice as the Marriott brand(usually is )just cheaper. This hotel needs upgrading and a reliable internet would have been awesome since I had planned on catching up on my homework for most of my down

time.Very disappointed that I paid $139 per night(for 2 nights) I could stayed at at something that was a little
more comfortable. Lesson learned.

• Stayed September 2013
Charlotte
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This hotel is easy to find. It is right off of I-85. We traveled to attend a wedding in Buford at Mall of Georgia. We got the Mall with 15 minutes. Room was cozy and clean. There was small pillows which was strange. Water is extremely hot so watch out. Hallways were quiet. could hear the TV next door so walls may be a little thin. Internet was fast. Breakfast is extra but decent. Breakfast staff is very friendly and attentive.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Larry S
Valdosta
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I booked this room for $49/night via Priceline. For the money, I probably couldn't have done better. It is equipped with a skimpy work out room, hot tub and indoor pool. Complimentary cookies in the evening, complimentary coffee in the morn (not good coffee). Breakfast was an additional $9/each.

The room we stayed in was a king, comfy bed, average linens, funny little pillows. No microwave or fridge in the room, a little dissappointing since I had some yummy leftover pizza I wanted to have for breakfast!

Staff was very nice, and again, for $49 it was a deal.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Make sure you hang up your 'do not disturb' doorknocker or you may get an unintentional 'wakeup call' from housekeeping. We stayed Friday-Sunday. On Saturday and Sunday, housekeeping came calling about 8:30 and on Monday, they were there earlier than that and that was the day we were checking out. We mentioned it to the front desk who didn't quite believe us as they said the housekeeping staff didn't start until 9:00 - I guess someone should tell them to ask for overtime. I'd go back again as the hotel was nice and affordable.

Room Tip: some rooms had balconies overlooking the front of the hotel, my friend used hers for morning coffee...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Bristol, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We arrived at the hotel at 10:30pm after a full day of travel. There was only one guy working in the hotel at that time. I waited while he helped the 2 families in front of me. Although someone was at the front desk, there was a sign taped to the counter saying "be right back".

My hotel was booked and paid in full through hotels.com so all I had to do was show ID. The guy asked if I would mind waiting about 3 minutes while he "checked to make sure the room was clean". I was really caught offguard and said ok. He continued helping people behind me before leaving the front desk. By the time he came back, there were 2 other families waiting for him, and it had been about 15 minutes since had had waited on me the first time. He then told me our room was "not ready yet". I demanded a refund and of course he had no authority to give me one. He said there no manager was on duty. He called an 'operations manager" for me, who said she could not give a refund but suggested I call hotels.com. I got my stuff and left. I called hotels.com and was given a refund immediately. Then of course I had to drive around and try to find another hotel.

This hotel is obviously understaffed!! The hotel clerk kept his composure but could definitely use a lesson in customer service and apologies. I was never given an apology for my room not being ready, and never given a reason why it wasn't ready. I can't imagine that anyone was available to clean the room, even if I had stuck around to find out. Not sure if I'll EVER try to stay at another Courtyard Marriott!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Jacques M, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Suwanee, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our Hotel. We value your feedback as it enables us to continue to improve and provide better service for our guests.
I would like to take this opportunity to extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you encountered and to address your concerns. We here at the Courtyard Suwanee strive to provide a wonderful experience for all of our guests, however we clearly fell short in providing you with that experience. We have discussed your experience with our staff and have taken measures to ensure ensure that this will not happen again.
I do hope that despite these inconveniences, you will be willing to give us a chance to welcome you back to our hotel and make your next experience more enjoyable. We look forward to serving you again.

Jacques Myrthil
San Jose, California
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Full time business traveler: This courtyard probably could use a renovation but it is not unattractive. The hotel itself is a, maybe, a 1/2 mile off the main thoroughfare but not too far. I found the hotel easy to find. There is plenty of parking. Lobby/breakfast area is in good shape. Staff was adequately friendly/professional.
Hallways and lobby are in fairly good condition. The room itself was in pretty good condition. Certainly not visually pleasing but my room was not showing wear.
Bed was comfortable, hot water abundant and pressure good, heating/cooling was ok (no wall mounted thermostat), flat panel TV was good with a good selection of channels, power outlets were not abundant, work space was sufficient, internet was good.
I would echo some other posters that the cost as compared to the accommodations was not what I would consider a value. If this hotel was to go through the Courtyard renovation that others have gone/are going through, the cost would be more in line as to what it delivers.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suwanee
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Suwanee
Comfort Inn & Suites Sugarloaf-Suwanee
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites - John's Creek
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buford at Mall of Georgia
Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Suwanee? Share your experiences!