“Odd smells”
Review of Sylvester Inn

Sylvester Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sylvester
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Got here at 1:40 am. Room smelled like it hadnt been used in months and reeked of stale air. It was hot and the AC took all night to catch up. No tv remotes so we had to walk back and forth to change the channel for our kids although they have a new lcd tv. I guess it works in a pinch but I wouldnt recommend it. A lot better places down the road in Albany.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Nlambert182
There are newer reviews for Sylvester Inn

Reviewed 19 June 2012

The reviews of this place are mostly old and out dated. This hotel is now called the Sylvester Inn. It has been remodeled and is in better shape than it was. It is not a 5 star hotel keep in mind. It is a small hotel, but it is clean and the owner is very nice and friendly. The owner was there the whole time and made sure to accommodate us as necessary. They always made sure there was coffee in the lobby for my family. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Dolphirefighter
Reviewed 3 May 2012

This is now Sylvester Inn. My family recently stayed there. We booked 4 rooms, We all were very pleased with the service and etc.
They have remodeled and changed the name. The rooms were freshly painted. They were clean. The bedding was clean. They were curtest and responded to your request immediately.
I would definitely recommend them to my friends and family.
Don't believe any negative comments. Those were old and before the renovations.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Peggy W
Reviewed 8 April 2012

This hotel is a great one. The rooms are clean and convenient. The breakfast has many items. They don't have bugs anymore. I talked to them before I got the room. They said that they did renovation to the hotel after reading the bad reviews. The towels were clean. The walls had no stains. And the bed and TV was brand new. I couldn't believe this after reading the horrible things. I do not agree with the bad reviews. Take my honest advice and check it out. Hopefully your visit will be like mine.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Mary B
Reviewed 2 November 2011

This hotel has now changed names to Sylvester Inn. We have stayed at this hotel about 10 times, but only becuase the only other hotel in Sylvester appeared even dirtier than this one. It is also almost impossible to speak to the staff over the phone because none of them speak very good English. Every time I've tried to make reservations, it was an extremely painful process! In past stays I have been charged for someone else's room, our room keys haven't worked, there was no one at the front to assist us when we checked out at 6:00 a.m...the list goes on and on. Apparently the owners live there as well and were asleep so we had to continuously bang on the door and ring the bell until someone finally came out to help us - making our drive to the airport a stressful one because we were then running behind. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. If you have the means to drive to Albany or Tifton to stay, I encourage you to do so. I will do my best to NEVER stay at this hotel again!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I stayed at this property last year and it was a decent stay. The room was nice and comfortable. This hotel is not anything special, but it was fine for the one night I stayed here. I would probably stay here again if in the area.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank texasgirl885
Reviewed 21 December 2009

After reading so many bad things about this hotel we had decided not to stay here, but after 6 hours of driving in a nasty rain and several hours with relatives the only other hotel in town did not accept pets, and we had our two little dogs with us. We were tempted to drive to Tifton or Albany, but were too tired. Thought we'd check out the rooms and decide if we could handle it.

We were pleasantly surprised that the hotel staff was very nice and the room was immaculate. Everything in the room was clean and neat. No signs of any pests. This was a great place to stay. We are so glad we decided to try it rather than drive 20 more miles down the road. We will more than likely be back and will be proud to stay there again. We did not have any problems at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mlport
AJGMsylvester, Owner at Sylvester Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2010

We are so glad you gave us a try. We thank you so much for your kind words. We have worked very hard to correct issues that were present previously and were very happy to receive your review.

Please come and visit us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sylvester
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Albany
Days Inn & Suites Tifton
Quality Inn Tifton
Quality Inn Tifton
#13 of 15 in Tifton
Hilton Garden Inn Albany
Best Western Ashburn Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Tifton

Been to Sylvester Inn? Share your experiences!