“Sister's monthly Lunch ”

The Lodge Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 21 Restaurants in Tallapoosa
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

1st time eating here we were very happy...charming lodge feel..different types of settings for each table depending on your own family size and preferences... .beautiful wood inside and out..great porches to relax on...food was prepared to order for lunch...tasted great...my sisters had fried cheese curds...they couldn't stop eating them...for dessert we all dove in a little bit. Strawberry shortcake, fried cheesecake and coke float...you have to try it out...

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My husband and I just happened upon this restaurant out in the middle of nowhere! We were taking a shortcut on the scenic route between Tallapoosa and Rome, GA when we passed the sign for The Lodge Restaurant. Didn't even know if the restaurant was open because it's set back off the street on a long rambling driveway, back in the forest. But a few days later, the Friday before Father's Day, my husband was browsing through the newspaper and saw an ad for their Father's Day special, a low country boil buffet. We love low country boils and my parents just happened to be coming over to our house. My husband found The Lodge Restaurant's Facebook page and all the food looked so darn good. It really looked like a nice place, so I called my parents and asked if they'd like to go to the buffet on Sunday. Sure, why not. So, we headed over there on Sunday and boy were we pleasantly surprised! What a lovely setting, this lodge building with a large front porch, tucked back in the trees. My dad is wheelchair bound, but they had handicapped parking right up front and a nice ramp leading up the side of the front porch to the outdoor seating area. The outdoor dining is a large covered porch wrapping down the side and around to the back of the building. It is simply beautiful and so tranquil, surrounded by nothing but forest. The inside of the lodge is just that, a lodge with 2+ story vaulted ceilings with large trusses and beams. There is table and bench seating with wonderfully eclectic tables throughout. They have a small banquet hall up above in the loft area, and, according to the lovely owner, a small intimate private room beyond that. The food was simply magnificent. We all went back for seconds as we loved it so much. The wait staff, bar staff, buffet servers, and owner were all very friendly and hospitable. The owner came to speak with us on a couple occasions, which my mother simply loved as she is a big talker. Our waitress was very attentive, always looking over in our direction to see if we needed anything and right there whenever we did. We enjoyed everything about our meal and my husband and I are already making plans to go again. This time we're sitting outside on the porch for a nice romantic dinner date. We highly recommend The Lodge Restaurant! Oh, and I forgot to mention that the prices were very reasonable.