“Great place to explore”

Orlando, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Great place to explore”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Great exhibit and movie. Something for all levels. Scenery spectacular! Trails nicely maintained and friendly/encouraging staff. Suggest bringing own food for they only have a snack machine with drinks and few snacks. take lots of photos!

Vidalia, Georgia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Exhausted But Worth It!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

First visit to Tallulah Gorge - what a beautiful place! The visitor's center is really nice and interesting. We were going to stop at the 2nd Observation deck, but decided to go to the bridge - and I'm so glad we did! Going down was a breeze. My family decided to go up the other side and back across the dam back to the visitor's center. I met them there. yes, it's rough climbing back up those steps, but there are plenty of resting places. When I found out that they could go all the way around, I wish I had went with them instead. But I met many people along the way back up as we all rested together. But as for the Gorge itself, it's just breathtaking.

1 Thank roamingGApeach
Georgia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“can't wait to go back”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The first time we took our family here (two teens) we went to the left and hiked the trail to the overlook. The first part had rubber mulch and would be easy for most everybody. It was a very hot day and we didn't have much water so we put off the hike to the bottom till later. We went again last week and brought our camelbacks with ice water in them, the day was perfect not too hot. My husband and son went on to bridal veil falls while my daughter and I made our way back up the stairs. The boys said the hike out of the canyon was steep and the rocks were slippery. I felt awesome finishing the stairs as I am more adventurous than I am fit. It did take me a while and I rested a lot coming back up, thank goodness they thought to provide benches every couple flight of stairs. It really is beautiful. There is also a beach nearby but we didn't get there this time. There is a parking fee but the rest is free. The building has some stuffed animals and some real snakes to look at and also a movie about the gorge. The bathrooms are clean.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank vexxed
Fort Myers
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Visitor Center is outstanding and the stairway leading down to the floor of the gorge quite an amazing feat. You better be in good shape because once down you have to climb the 1099 steps back to the top!!! It's worth the effort.

Tupelo, Mississippi
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Nature's Stairmaster”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Great State Park and visitor's center. The information desk provided us with a map which let you visit five different overlooks into the gorge. The only downside was the view at the bottom. Don't get me wrong. The view was great. However trecking back up the mountain from the bottom of the gorge was a little trying. However, it was well worth the workout. Tallulah Gorge is a breathtaking experience and a must see while in the area. I would highly recommend.

Visited July 2014