“Nice time at Richards”

Richard's
Ranked #40 of 93 Restaurants in Thomasville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Been a few months since our last visit. We were disappointed that our usual waitress and chef were not there - same owners though. I would still rate Richards very good but it seemed to be closer to average than excellent. There were just some little things - a couple of entrees were not available, no fruit in the sangria. We all enjoyed our entrees which included cheese ravioli, oysters, beef, and chicken(I think).

The weather was pleasant enough where we were able to sit outside which was nice.

We will be back again though.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

We went to Richard's Grill on a Friday night, arriving just slightly after 8PM. Although the restaurant did not appear to be packed (there were plenty of empty tables) we were not acknowledged or seated for several minutes. Even an employee working right up front failed to acknowledge us for several minutes.

Once seated we were given a menu and told by the server that she would be back in a minute for a drink order. That never happened! We noticed two other tables, one that had been seated before our arrival and one that was seated after our arrival get drink orders taken and served while we were in "invisible" mode. Darn, I forgot about those super powers I have and that mere mortals cannot always see me!!!

While waiting, we reviewed the menu and were excited to try some of the selections available. I was looking forward to the stuffed portabella and my wife desired the grilled salmon. The food probably would have been great, probably! But we were never given the opportunity to order!

I don't fault the servers. It became apparent to me real quick that the restaurant was understaffed for a Friday night and not ready for business, hence the "average" rating even thought the experience was much closer to "poor".

1  Thank mrkeebo
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Always find something for everyone.

Reviewed 28 January 2012

As always, we had great service at Richards. We were seated promptly and our waitress was there when needed. Food was good. I seem to always get an iceberg wedge for a salad which I enjoy. Great atmosphere in what appears to be an old service station.