“Seen Better Days”

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Thomasville
Grovetown, Georgia
“Seen Better Days”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

We have been coming to this hotel for a few years now. We tend to stay here for the football season and this hotel is now in need of an upgrade, come on pony up and do a face lift. The staff is kind for the most part, but I have seen a decline in cleanliness and maintenance of the rooms at this location. It used to be a pleasure to stay here, but the rooms need to be better maintained. The mattresses have seen better days also, I thought I was sleeping on the actual springs of the mattress. I would love to be able to chose this hotel first, like I used to, but now this is closer to the last available choice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Theresa R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Lehighton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

The conditions at this hotel were so deplorable and unsanitary that I cannot stay silent. I must warn others, especially if they are allergic to mold. In years past, we were satisfied with this hotel. For this visit, we planned to stay for a week while visiting Thomasville on bereavement. We had to leave after only 3 days because we became ill (due to mold) and were sick and tired of being moved from one disgusting room to another. We experienced filthy conditions, mold, musty odors, bugs, spiders, dirty carpet, urine smells, and stained bed linens (some of which had holes in them). Of lesser concern was the outdated décor and furniture which could have easily been overlooked if this place was sanitary.

I have pictures and video of our experience, but I will not post them in hopes that management will address the problems in a timely fashion.

Upon a 1AM checkin, we were assigned two rooms, both of which were dirty. My room had toothpaste in the sink, a very moldy odor, hair on the toilet, the floor was filthy and littered with trash and the towels were shredding fibers. The bathroom ceiling had mold on it. It is only because we had driven for over 18 hours straight that we stayed until morning. Sleep eluded us, though, because there was a loud altercation occurring in the room behind us.

In the morning we intended to checkout and move to another hotel, but the staff assured us that all the rooms were not that bad. They offered to move us and showed us other rooms, one of which was so bad that it had mold on the wall and a portion of the wall was soft to the touch. I pointed this out and advised that they address this health problem immediately and not let anyone reside in this room.

We agreed to a downstairs suite which appeared clean and smelled of deodorizer. I was hopeful and thankful that we did not have to repack and drive to another location because we were so darn tired. When we returned to the room later after the funeral, the carpet was SOAKED and the room smelled disgusting. The carpet was loose and we discovered black mold under the carpet. There was a slimy green growth under the floor lamp which sat in the water.

I later found out that there had been a flood in Thomasville and I suspect that the downstairs rooms flooded. With flooding, soft goods and drywall must be removed immediately to prevent unsanitary conditions like mold growth.

The third and final move was to an upstairs non-smoking room which smelled of smoke. The air vent in the bathroom was covered in black dust. In the AM, we discovered that there was no hot water. According to the staff, there was no hot water the night before, but the guests were not told of this. We should have moved to another hotel the first night.

Also worth noting is the poor quality of the breakfast, despite the obvious efforts of the attendant who was also covering the front desk. We experienced no coffee cups, no coffee, and no plates. Try eating your waffles in a bowl! There were no eggs. The only redeeming foods were the gravy and biscuits. At this point, we were just sick and tired and wanted to go home. Our experience was dreadful.

I want to compliment the courteous nature of the staff, especially the front desk staff (Alisha). They were great ambassadors for this dilapidated and neglected facility. The staff tried to accommodate us in absence of the management who was out of the country. It is management that must address the deplorable facility problems. The staff cannot correct a mold problem, they cannot replace worn out linens, they cannot replace carpets, they cannot clean air handling units, they cannot buy kitchen items; that is the responsibility of management. The staff did the best they could with the tools they were given. I hope that the staff is recognized for their efforts.

Room Tip: Disgusting. Do not risk your health.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank B C

Travellers are raving about these Thomasville hotels

Rockingham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

We just got home from a 3 night stay at this hotel. The room and grounds were kept very well..and the employees went beyond the call of duty to make sure our stay was enjoyable! The night time employee even walked me to the ice machine at 2 am..came to check our internet connection in the middle of the night and also made me a pot of coffee in the middle of the night! the rooms need a little updating but were very clean. I very much appreciate you guys for a great stay while visiting my son! Price and employees earned my 5 stars!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

I have visited this hotel once a week for the past number of years. I have always felt this is my home away from home. The staff has always been attentive, energetic, and willing to please. The pool is huge and great in the summer. I remember watching fireworks on the Fourth from the pool. Best spot in the city! Eggs for breakfast are the best in Thomasville.

• Stayed January 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

I came to Thomasville Ga, for a funeral and was told to stay at the Quality Inn. My husband and i couldn't get any rest due to the children kicking a soccer ball at our window/door. I called the front desk to complain but nothing was ever done. I meationed it again the next morning and was told to leave my name and room # and the manger would call me back but of coarse that never happened. The room was very nasty, for example; it smelled like mildew and to top it off all our towels were wet. The AC unit was broken so it continued to run all night which made me get sick. The room was also being taking over by big nasty cock roaches and im hoping that we didnt bring them home with us. Our checkout time was 12:00p.m but we left at 5:00a.m because thats how bad it really was. I advise you to not stay here if your looking for a nice clean and friendly enivornment. I know that i will never stay or recommend anyone to stay here again;(

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Kee Kee D
hotelinthomasvillega, Webmaster at Quality Inn & Suites Conf Center, responded to this review, 20 October 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn & Suites Conf Center for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is much appreciated.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• Housekeeping staff received additional training in the level of cleanliness expected of them as our employees. They also were instructed to look into the matter of cockroaches and to see to it that any such problem was eliminated.

• The management staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at the Quality Inn & Suites Conf Center. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Anderson, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

Staff was wonderful! Breakfast is typical continental. We stayed here for the Clemson vs. FSU game to save money on our 2 night stay and be away from the hustle and bustle of Tallahassee. Room was clean and quiet. Older hotel but worth the 30-40 drive to save some moola. We will stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robyn M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

The customer service at this establishment is the besti have ever received. The hotel rooms were emaculate and the manager was very concerned and attentive to all of his customers needs. The front desk staff is to be commended for their hard work and dedication. I am personally recommending all my friends and family to this establishment for their future stays and I plan on returning next week. My special thanks to Elisa Oliver and Mr Patel for all of their help.

• Stayed July 2012