“Nice stay again”

Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Thomson
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We've stayed here a few times and really enjoy our stay. The check in is quick and professional. The rooms are spacious and clean. The morning coffee is great. This is a simple, economy hotel and perfect for a good nights sleep. Not sure what others are talking about - maybe expectations are too high for what is being paid?

I would recommend this hotel to our friends and family.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn

Reviewed 30 December 2011

When I walked in the lobby two small children ( maybe 5 years old) climbed up on the desk to greet me. In a flash a young lady came into the room and grabbed one of the kids by the arm and literally snatched him off the 4 foot high desk and sent him flying. Of course, the kid started screaming and rightly so. I couldnt believe it and looked right at her and said" if the wrong persons sees that and reports you , dfacs will come and take your kids. She just smiled pleasantly. I said again , " you dont understand, you will lose your kids if you are reported for doing that". She just smiled pleasantly. I repeated for the third time, " they will come and take them away from you for doing that". She just kept on smiling sweetly which just made me angrier. Another young lady who appeared to be the mother said that " she didnt mean to do it". I was like, well, it is a wonder the kid doesnt have a broke bone or dislocated shoulder. Anyways, i got to the room and the carpet looked very dirty. I didnt like walking on it with my socks on. The commode seat fell off and I sure didnt like picking it up and putting it back on. This place just freaked and creaped me out. Avoid. I travel a lot and often stay in Budget hotels so my standards for them are not set overly high. But, really, you dont want to stay here. In this town you had better spend the extra bucks. Not that it matters, but no breakfast period, other than coffee.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Amethyst-King
Reviewed 20 November 2011

You will see prostitutes running around half naked! It looks as if the place is about to fall apart. The smell in this place is awful. There were bugs in my room, and hair on the toilet. There was also trash in my trashcan when I got to my room.

Room Tip: Absolutely nasty! Dont stay here!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Jim T
cpatel1111, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2012

If the customer would come to us and tell us he is not happy, we always try to satisfy the customer and would move him in to a different wing. I have been on the front desk for over a year and i have not noticed prostitutes running in the corridor, all guest that are not registered have to come to the front desk before going to the room.

Reviewed 20 May 2010

This place is awful. I was booked for 5 nights and left after one night. I paid the extra night penalty for leaving early.Very dirty, the place is being used by many as an apartment. Many of the rooms are being used by very large families who cannot afford anything better.
Avoid this place.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank brooklyn35

This guest booked for 5 days on Expedia, after the first night she comes and tell us there is an emergency and she has to leave early, i tell her that our cancellation policy states that you will be charged for one night penalty and she got upset, i asked her if every thing was ok with the room and she told me, every thing is ok and have to check out because of an emergency, she gave us a bad review because of the fact that we charged her a penalty charge.

Reviewed 14 April 2010

Booked this hotel through Expedia. I had just booked airfare into Augusta and available rooms popped up. I saw this hotel and booked it because of the Washington Rd address. I was looking for a room in Augusta for the Masters and Washington Rd is right by Augusta National....IF YOU'RE IN AUGUSTA!!! Unfortunately, I didn't notice THIS Washington Rd was in Thomson, Ga.... 30 miles away!

Well, the extra 30 minute drive each day was a pain and the hotel is not much to write home about, but my room was clean, roomy enough, and they had a decent free breakfast in the morning

This hotel was serviceable but if I wanted to stay in Thomson, Ga again there are several nicer hotels close by that would be worth paying a little more. But that isn't going to happen since I will find a place in Augusta next time!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2010

We stayed in this hotel - the hotel was very clean, nice, and comfortable. The beds were very good and plush and we had a good nights sleep. The staff was very polite and efficient. Worth every penny I paid for! Also nearby Augusta - only 15 minutes away!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2010

We had the opportunity to stay here while visiting some family in Thomson, GA. It is a simple and clean hotel. Nearby many restaurants and right off I-20. We went to Augusta which is a 20 min drive daily for shopping and meeting friends and family. This is a good hotel in a safe area. Would recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thomson
White Columns Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Washington
Home2 Suites by Hilton Grovetown Augusta Area
Howard Johnson Inn Augusta-Fort Gordon

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!