“Best Western White Columns Inn in Thompson Ga. is the Place to stay.”
Review of White Columns Inn

White Columns Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Thomson
Maysville, North Carolina
“Best Western White Columns Inn in Thompson Ga. is the Place to stay.”
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We have stayed at the BW White Columns Inn several times, the last time was in June when my brother passed away. We love the people, the food is great and their breakfast is a real home cooked buffet. My husband says they have the best breakfast he has ever had at a hotel.***** Five stars. The rooms are clean with fresh linen. Everything you need to make you feel at home. Need directions or just talk they always take the time, If you forgot anything just let them know and they will take care of it. If you are ever in Thompson you will not regret staying there.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Blairsville, Georgia
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I had to visit the White Columns Inn when I came to Thomson for a business meeting. They were kind enough to let me get breakfast early so I would be able to get to my meeting on time. The GM come to me and introduced herself. She was the friendliest of any other hoteler I have ever met. She offered to have breakfast served early for all of us having to get to the meeting. She got all our rooms grouped together so that we would be able to go over some of the matters for the meetings. At checkout the following day, I called to have all the rooms precheckedout so as to get to the plant in time for the meeting. Judy was kind enough to bring me my laptop cord that I had left in my room. She said that when housekeeping cleaned the room and since she knew I would be in a meeting at the plant, she just brought it to me. I have never met a friendlier group of people anywhere. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask if you sign up for the rewards program if you can get a free upgrade.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Tiffany_lamar
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 13 July 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel on our way from Florida to North Carolina, I love this hotel. The lady that checked us in very late that night already had our keys and all made and was so friendly. The room was very cool and it had been a very hot day. It was a really nice room. The breakfast was fabulous. Amy was so sweet and helpful, she allowed us a late check out due to checking in so late. The entire staff was friendly. We will definately stay here on our way back to Florida.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank adamlong95
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I absolutely loved this hotel! It was awesome!! The staff is sooooo freindly and the breakfast was great!! The price was good for the rooms....that look to be recently renovated! It is a beautiful place inside and out.....Good standards with a nice southern charm! The restaurant and lounge were a very nice bonus too!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cutie_Pie_11
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 May 2011

Wonderful hotel Staff went above and beyond to help us. Was a little nervous after reading reviews about a mildew smell, so I checked out the room before I decided to stay or not. Room was clean, smelled fresh and the jacuzzi tub was awesome

Room Tip: Ask for cooperate discounts on rooms .
Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Kimkitty59
yorkshire
Reviewed 11 April 2011

I would not strongly recommend this hotel due to the small rooms and the limited menu and indifferent food for dinner. However there are plus points. The hotel is attractive in Southern style from the front with rocking chairs in front. Ample parking close to rooms and with a coutyard at the rear with good sized pool ( unheated ) with new furniture. There is also a sitting out area with barbarque. On the restaurant front breakfast is good with hot and cold buffet and included in the price. There are no other choises to eat in Thomson other than fast food and Augusta is the nearest town with a restaurant choice ( 30 miles away ) There is a bar which is a little murkey but with large tvs but the service there was indifferent and at odds with the rest of the staff who were great. The rooms are small with old syle and poor reception tvs. There is a frig and microwave. The bathroom is normal size. Free internet and newspapers. Interstate 20 is a few hundred yards away so convenient for an overnight stop.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have rocking chairs outside
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
atlanta
Reviewed 22 March 2011

help ok but know one has clue fitness room closed front desk did not know put me in wrong room. rooms are small i travel all over georgia every week for what thay charge totol rip off worth 45 /49 a night max

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank daveman64
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thomson
Hampton Inn Thomson
Red Roof Inn & Suites Augusta West
Hyatt Place Augusta
Hyatt Place Augusta
#2 of 82 in Augusta

Been to White Columns Inn? Share your experiences!