“Relaxing stay while working in Thomson!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Thomson
Reviewed 26 September 2013

If relaxation and courtesy matters to you Econo lodge is a good place to stay in Thomson. We stayed in the area once before and didn't go back their this time. We paid a little more at this Econo lodge an stayed here and it was definitely worth it.

They had space for the 6 trucks we had and were very busy but still ran things very smoothly.

It is definitely a place I will keep in mind for the foreseeable future.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank stacie100
Manager M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate your kind words and value your feedback. The staff and I are extremely pleased that your stay was pleasurable and relaxing.

We are also glad that you found our over-sized (truck) parking area useful for your needs!

The staff and I appreciate you choosing the Econo Lodge of Thomson, GA and look forward to seeing you again in the near future! Please call us if we can be of any assistance!

There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed 23 July 2013

While I am reading several positive reviews of this hotel, our stay was less than favorable. I can pretty much go from RV camping to 5 star hotels and be comfortable but unfortunately this hotel did not provide a comfortable nights rest. The sheets are so thin with all elastic worn out they kept coming off the bed and bunching up under you. While the staff was friendly and did all they could to accommodate you and provide friendly service the management really needs to upgrade their soft goods. The washcloths and towels are very thin terry cloth and on the scratchy side. I recommend you consider alternative lodging unless the above is acceptable to you.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Manager M, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you choosing the Econo Lodge of Thomson, GA for your lodging needs. We are also sorry, that you found our Award Winning Choice Hotels International Property Accommodations subpar to your standards.

However, the sheets that you are speaking of with the "elastic worn out" is actually a flat sheet, and the Econo Lodge brand requires these sheets. I am sorry that you found these uncomfortable, but we will keep fitted sheets in mind on our next order.

Also, the towels that we use are the brand required towels. They are even marked with the Choice Hotels International label. They are the only towels that we are allowed to purchase with the brand that we have.

I apologize for the inconvenience, however I will discuss with the franchise an alternative towel and sheet option so that our customer's experience may be more pleasurable in the future.

On behalf of the Econo Lodge of Thomson, GA, thank you for choosing us for for your lodging needs! We look forward to you visiting us again so that we may provide you with a superior experience!

Reviewed 21 July 2013

My husband and I ended up having to stay in Thomson while we were traveling down from Atlanta on our way to Florida. Some unexpected rain keeps hitting the area thought so we decided to stop and be cautious rather than risk keep driving. We were able to find a great deal at this Econo Lodge. Our room was pretty comfortable and clean. The TV was not a flat panel, but besides that there was nothing that I can say negative about the place. Service was great, and breakfast was wonderful. Its not a seven course meal like you might get at cracker barrel but its good for an Econo Lodge.

The people at the motel are really genuinely nice people.

Its a good stay at a fair price.

Room Tip: Several restaurants are in the surrounding area. The Chinese buffet place is pretty good and if you...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dmarcus S
Manager M, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Sorry that it keeps raining and you had to stop, but we are very happy that we were able to make your stay such a pleasurable one!

We value your review as we feel it will help us continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

great location,easy to find, great service, nice staff, responsive to my needs. Comfortable room, great breakfast. easy check out. would recommend this place to all my friends and family. I had a pleasant stay at this hotel, surrounding area is nice and quiet, people are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Alice R

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your kind words and value your feedback. We will be sure to share it with our team and have it serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We are extremely pleased that your experience at the Econo Lodge of Thomson, GA was so GREAT!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We had to make an unexpected trip to Augusta, GA. We drove all day to get there and on the way back stopped in Thomson for the night. We knew we would only be there for 5 or 6 hours, so we just needed a bed and a shower. Plus, we had to get two rooms. I now understand the name "Econo Lodge". It's ok if you're not expecting much, so if you don't have alot of money, it'll do. The bed was uncomfortable. The toilet was a bit wobbly. There was a funky smell all night long. The furniture was dated. No hair dryer or coffee pot. It did have a mini fridge and microwave. The shower head was old but the water was nice and hot. The air conditioner was not on when we arrived, so it was really hot but it got cold pretty fast. As I stated, it'll do in an emergency situation, which is what we were in. However, because of this Econo Lodge, I don't think I will ever even look at another one. I will keep driving to the next hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Manager M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review regarding your recent stay at the Econo Lodge of Thomson, GA.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

However, the rooms you occupied were equipped with brand new pillow top serta mattresses, which we feel are very comfortable. They were also equipped with a coffee pot, as well as freshly brewed coffee in the lobby throughout the day, and hair dryer which were located on the vanity. Perhaps you overlooked them.

For our market segment, we feel this service and value cannot be beat!

We hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we may have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

The rooms were clean and comfortable, breakfast was delicious with great variety, and staff very pleasant and helpful. I was offerred great rates with discounts. I especially appreciated the great lengths provided to ensure our stay was satisfactory by providing extra pillows ,blankets and toiletries. staff were also very helpful in providing directions and recommendations to near by attractions Along with dining restaurants. I would recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to relax and enjoy comfort!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Apk2006
Manager M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Dear Guest:

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Econo Lodge of Thomson, Ga. We are also thrilled that you took advantage of our hot breakfast; after all breakfast is the most important meal of the day!

It is our pleasure to be of assistance to you as our guest. We strive to lead the industry in customer service and have actually been awarded the 2012 Service Hero Award from Choice Hotels International. Whether its blankets, pillows, towels or directions, we will do our very best to make your trip as comfortable and relaxing as possible.

On behalf of the Econo Lodge Family, thank you again for choosing us. We look forward to repeating this experience for you again in the near future!

Management & Staff

Reviewed 29 April 2013

I ended up having car trouble and needed a last minute hotel room at 9am. I called Econo Lodge and the girl gave me a good rate and was very kind. When I got to the hotel she was as friendly as can be! She was also kind to my daughter, who was going through a rough day with me. We felt the room was cleaner than the average Econo Lodge and that is what I would rate the cleanliness off of. I can't base it off of a 4 or 5 star hotel since it isnt one. But it is a great hotel for its value. The 2nd shift front desk clerk was excellent as well. We had lost our key (SEVERAL TIMES) and she gave me a new one every time with a smile. I did ensure her all the keys would either be returned to her or be left in the room, which they were. There were food establishments within walking distance so my daughter and I had no trouble getting to food. As an employee at a hotel, I know what to look for and this hotel accomodated everything I needed! Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rellioa4

Dear Guest:

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience at the Econo Lodge of Thomson, Ga. It is our pleasure to assist you with anything can throughout your stay.

We are sorry you had car trouble, but we are glad we could accommodate you as well as your daughter with all of your needs! :-)

We are glad to hear that we have met the expectations of not only a guest but also a fellow hotelier! As the manager I will be sure to share your feedback with the rest of the employees. Your kind words are greatly appreciated.

Management & Staff

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thomson
White Columns Inn
#1 of 1 in Washington
Home2 Suites by Hilton Grovetown Augusta Area
Hampton Inn Augusta / Gordon Highway
Doubletree by Hilton Augusta

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!