“Some great things, some problems”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Thomson
Macon, Georgia, Usa
“Some great things, some problems”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

The employees of this establishment were exceptionally helpful and friendly. Unfortunately, there were some issues too. The first night I was here there was a tour bus of kids staying here who slammed doors until midnight keeping me up, which wouldn't have bothered me if I could've kept the room fan going to drown it out, but the ac units here are set up to where you can only run the fan constantly if the heat isnt on. If the heat is on (and it was in the 30s...) once the room gets warm the unit goes off. The choice was freeze because the heat was off and the fan on or listen to the slamming doors and be warm. Also, the kids ate all of the breakfast food on Wed morning. Thursday morning, there was no yogurt left, very little waffle mix left, and no eggs. I guess the hotel wasn't prepared for them. Also, my room's bathroom door wouldnt fully open because it hit the toilet and even though I was on the nonsmoking 2nd floor, smoke could be smelled throughout the room coming through the bathroom vent...not cool. An asthmatic wouldn't have been able to handle it...I didn't like it and it was overwhelming at times. They need to make the entire hotel nonsmoking if the smoke is going to come into other rooms from the bathroom vents. On the upside, the place and room were very clean, the bedding was cozy, and the employees were great. The breakfast.... before they ran out...was wonderful. Overall, some great, some problems. I think I wohld spend an extra 10 bucks per night and move up to another hotel next time.

Room Tip: The smoking floor is the 4th floor, maybe the first floor will keep it at bay...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
indirab2013, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Thank you for your response we will make sure we correct any issues that you may have experienced during your trip. Once again thank you for your response.

Indira Boult

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

From the moment me and my family checked in we where met with a warm smile. I would like to thank your front desk clerk Mrs. Dolly Goodson for being such a great and understanding person with all our question you are truly an angel. The hotel has some of the best rooms clean and odor free love this place we will be coming back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
indirab2013, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank You for your kind words and response to our survey. We would like to say Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn and we look forward to your return in the near future.
We strive to make each of our guest feel like the valued guest that you are.

Sparta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Their are not to many people can change your day from bad to good. Thanks to your front desk clerk she took care of my family and did it all with a smile and I rate this Comfort Inn (excellent). Lobby,Rooms, were clean and our kids loved the breakfast.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
indirab2013, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey and make the kind remarks about our hotel and staff. We do appreciate you for choosing the Comfort Inn & Suites for your stay and please advise the children we will be looking forward to their return in the near future. We will also have some special treats for them upon their return during the summer.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Great customer service.
Nice and Clean rooms
Clean Lobby
Friendly atmosphere
Convient location
Was not rushed to check out
Dolly made my stay very comfortable... I ended up staying more than two nights.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank You so much for taking the time to respond to our survey with such positive reviews about our hotel and especially Dolly. We hope that every need was met and we look forward to your return in the future.

As the General Manager once again Thank you for your kind words and choosing our location for your stay, if we can make your next stay a better stay just give us a call and we will make it happen.

West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

My family and I had to attend the funeral for my father-in- law in Warrenton, GA. We arrived in Thomson, GA, during the height of the ice and snow storm early in February. The hotel was overbooked as well as all the hotel and motels in the area, due to massive power outage and with residents that had money for rooms taking all available rooms. I had a reservation, but my sister-in law and her husband did not. Indria(Manager on Duty) and Jackie(Clerk on duty) made arrangement, where I gave up my king size room for a queen with a double bed so that we all had a place to sleep. The next morning has power was being restore, some of the guests left and again, the management and staff, put my sister-in-law and her husband in a room of their own. Not only was the staff pleasant, they went above and beyond to treat every guest as they would like for them to be treated. From the housekeeping, to the breakfast staff and front office personnel, that was a very good travel experience, since I travel a lot. I will be staying at the Comfort Inn in about two months. The staff and service was exceptional. Donald Davis

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
David,
The staff as well as myself would like to Thank you for the positive feed back from your stay. We hope that you and your family made it home safe and all was well. We do appreciate you all for staying with us during that time of need. We will always have a room for you and your family, if there is anything we can do to make your next trip more pleasant than the last then just pick up the phone and we will do what we can.
Once again Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your travels.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Dolly at the front desk went out of her way to make sure my family was comfortable. We moved across the country with our family of 4 and our dogs. She problem solved quickly even though she is fairly new and was super friendly. I am rarely impressed with customer service, however Dolly made this entire trip for us!

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for your survey and your positive response about the hotel and staff. Dolly as well as myself the General Manager appreciate your kind words and we thank you for choosing this location for your stay during your travels. If you are in our area again we will be more than happy to make sure you receive the best service ever. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Port Arthur, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

I drive a semi and have stayed in other hotels around this location and they don't even come close to this place.I can park my rig in the parking lot and not have to worry about it.The staff here is friendly and make sure you have what you need and if you don't they will get it for you.I make this one of my regular hotels to stay at when I travel this way.Tonight Dolly Goodson was at the helm and she is a very friendly helpful clerk.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and staff. Dolly is one of our new girls working the front desk and she is awesome, we hope that everything was well with your stay, and we hope to see you in the future.

You are a valued guest and we all would like to say " THANK YOU".

Indira Boult
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thomson
White Columns Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Washington

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!