“Short Vacation”

GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Very nice staff.....furnishings clean but torn....good value...didn't do breakfast so cannot speak to that

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Room was warm and stuffy when we arrived. Room had some work done to it and was not ready when we arrived at 12:30 in the evening. Cleark had to clean bathroom up for us before we entered that evening.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
TiftonMicroteltifton, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We were on our way from Florida to Columbus Georgia to visit family for the weekend, and planned to drive straight through. An awful storm sprung around midnight up so while my husband drove I quickly booked through Expedia. I saw an available room and booked at 12:02 am, which put my reservation for the Saturday. What I didn't see was that check in time was for 2:00 PM THAT SAME DAY. It's midnight and I certainly didn't plan on waiting until 2 the next afternoon to check in! With my husband and son in the car outside, I went to secure the room. The lobby door was locked but a tiny window was available. I buzzed the signal and waited. A woman came in behind me and asked if anyone was in there and I shrugged. Around the corner came a tired looking clerk who stared blankly and said, "Name?" ( not hello, nothing). I told him and he shuffled away. He came back and said, "Your reservation is for two pm." I didn't know that at the time ( ignorance on my part) and apologized, anxiously looking on my phone email confirmation to see if this is was true. He shuffles away again. The lady behind me looks at me in disbelief and asks if I think he plans on addressing her. I shrugged again and she left in disgust. I watched as he shuffled back and forth with a phone, and I'm thinking maybe he plans on discussing with someone in authority about my situation and that's why he's on the phone. I watch...I wait... and then he starts leaning on the counter and talking to a customer inside the lobby. I was concerned why he wasn't coming back over to discuss options with me as it had been ten minutesand I was left waiting with no resolution. I started looking around the disorganized office and was shocked to see to the right that someone had printed out in large letters a "Wall of Shame"( actually printed and taped to the wall) and taped about six feet of printed out customer complaints underneath it. That should NEVER be employee motivation and especially not something your customers should see while waiting!! I watched the kid continue to chat with this woman and my patience level was done. "HELLO?" I asked, and had to raise my voice progressively until he came over. Clearly he was hoping that I would become annoyed with his ignoring me and just walk away. " Look, it's the wrong time and I get that," I said, " "Is there again you can do for us or not? Is one o clock and we're exhausted. If you don't have a room that's fine, but at least TELL ME so I don't stand here all night." I can't believe his terrible manners! Even if you can't help someone, then apologize and let them know type going to try and find a resolution... you don't ever leave someone hanging! His mom should have trained him better. He gave me the option of a single Queen after telling me they'd have to charge me for two nights... suffice to say that was stupid and we told him to cancel or reservation, got the managers name and left. We were exhausted and angry! We called on Sunday to Jorge ( the manager? ) and left a message, received no call back promptly, and stopped by to see him on our way out of town. He was pleasant and told us to call Expedia for the refund, that it was them who may not allow a refund sure to their cancelation policies. On Expedia site however, they specify that is up to the hotel to allow or deny refunds. Fast forward three hours: after six phone to hotel exchanges, in which the manager lied to us and Expedia, we finally had our refund. Lesson to staff at Microtel: in not a crazy lady, and I don't go out of my way to write lengthy letters. Smiles, honesty, and a true attempt at being helpful can smooth over ruffled feathers in almost every customer. We doesn't expect perfection, but we did expect an effort at assistance. You guys failed so poorly in this. You made a bad situation so much worse! Shame on you both!!

• Stayed: June 2014

I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay, we have already taken proper actions with our staff to make sure it does not happen again, I am truly ashamed of the way this was handled by our front desk staff. However I would like to mention that the clerk did contact the manager and was advised. The problem was that we were booked for all the double queens and the Suites and we were not able to offer anything that would be able to accommodate your family. We also lock our doors after a certain time for the safety of our guests and our staff. I would also like to say that your comment about the "Wall Of Shame" is very misleading and does not make any sense from your explanation, it is not very visible and it is not "6 feet" of customer complaints but a a few registration cards of some guests that made some major violations of our policies. As for for the reservation we advised you to contact the 3rd party service you used to make the reservation since you requested a refund from us. We are only responsible for providing services for the dates requested but you agree to the terms and conditions of said service in which we are not involved or we would have been more than happy to change, cancel or modify the reservation if it would have been made directly with us or our reservations line. I also told you that the reservation could not be canceled, refunded or changed due to the policies but the service you used could make exceptions. Once again I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced but you cannot make the hotel responsible for the policies that you agreed on a third party service.

Reviewed 29 May 2014