“Will not ever stay here again”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tifton
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Tifton
GreenLeadersGold level
Bentonville, Arkansas
“Will not ever stay here again”
Reviewed 1 February 2011

It all started when we checked in. We had booked using a name your own price web site. Upon check-in, the front desk help (possibly the manager) said that the room we booked on the site would only come with 1 queen sized bed. When we explained that we had a child with us, she went on to say that all she could do was give us this room with 1 queen bed, or if we wanted to pay the difference, she could upgrade us to the rack rate for a room with 2 beds, and that "her system" would only allow the 1 queen room to be assigned to us (which is an outright lie). My husband had done the check-in while I waited in the car with our son. When he came out and explained, I was upset but decided to go have a look at the room. The front desk had offered to give us a roll away bed, so we could make do with it. When we came into the lobby, the roll away bed was sitting next to the elevator for us. The front desk at any other hotel I have ever stayed at would have helped bring up the bed and set it up. We went ahead to the room, my husband said he would bring the bed up after we got our bags to the room. When we walked into the room, we were shocked. The room was too small to even fit a roll away into it. The window seat had a nasty looking stain on it that appeared to have been caused by a bodily fluid, and had a tear in the middle of the stain. The furniture looked like it should be in a dorm room (see pictures). The trash cans did not have liners in them. There were no headboards, just a mirror going all the way across the wall above the bed, and a florescent light (see picture from the 2nd room with the cracked light cover) above the mirror. All that was missing was a vibrating bed - otherwise it looked like a place that would be rented by the hour rather than the night. The phone (which appeared to be from 1975 - see pictures) rang a couple of mins after we got into the room, and the front desk said that she "felt bad for our child", and offered to give us a room with 2 beds - after all the haggling with trying to get a room with 2 beds to begin with. The new room was identical, except big enough for 2 beds. The wall above the shower stall was peeling up on part of it with plaster exposed in this room (see picture). The shampoo in the bathroom had clearly been opened (tab was pulled off and the label was pulled up due to having been wet at some point. It went straight into the trash without the liner. In all, the place looked and felt filthy. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. The only good part was the outside of the hotel, which was neat and fresh looking. This is a true example of when looks can be deceiving. The location was close to I-75 (a few blocks). There are a handful of other hotels on the same block though, so I would suggest picking one of those instead.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
TiftonMicroteltifton, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tifton, responded to this review, 3 February 2011
We appreciate your time and effort to take time out of your busy schedule and write a feedback for us. Thank you for posting pictures also. We appreciate your efforts to spread the words around. We remember and also have official copy of your reservation which was made as you said through name your own price site for one Queen bed Smoking room. Those reservations are non cancel able, non refundable and non changeable by nature. While check in we mentioned that we are unable to make changes in this reservation even if you would like to pay for it as its sent as blocked reservation since you wanted a free upgrade to two queen non smoking room. We offered you roll away bed for no charges though we are supposed to charged $10 for roll away bed per night per room. This is not full service hotel and we are not allowed to leave front desk unattended so we offered you rollaway bed next to elevator. While you were coming in the lobby with your son I felt bad about him being in smoking room that too with one bed so out of courtesy not to only we gave you free upgrade from smoking to non smoking but also from one bed to two queen bed room with candies for your son. Though we were answerable to "name your own price"site and franchise questioning about free upgrade later. We were expecting a few words of appreciation from your side for free upgrades that we are not allowed to do and courtesy we showed but we still apologise for any discomfort you faced and you are always welcome in Microtel, Tifton GA. We appreciate you posting pictures for us and this is the set up of all Microtels as we are required to have mirrors with florescent light over bed so that you may read lying on bed if wish to. TVs are adjustable and over closet and very comfortable to watch even when you are lying in bed or sitting as they are adjustable. Our phones work juts perfect and they are new but basic design and you must have experienced the clarity in voice when we called you for courtesy call. We would have been happier if you would have also posted pictures of our lovey bathrooms but please check out our website for more pictures. Again thanks a lot for feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed 21 January 2011

I stayed at microtel for four months while I was finishing my last semester ABAC in Tifton. I was very pleased with all aspects of service at microtel, the manager Preeti, was always cordial and there was not one day when I was staying there that she didn't have a smile or a kind word. Also all of the front desk staff were always very helpful and housekeeping keeps the hotel really clean. Having stayed here for a long time I can say with confidence that there are no negatives when it comes to this Microtel, it is perfect for any length of stay and very economic, which is important these days.
Joel

• Stayed September 2010
TiftonMicroteltifton, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tifton, responded to this review, 24 January 2011
It has been always a pleasure to serve you and we are looking forward to serve you and your family in near future. We highly appreciate your effort to write such a wonderful review for our property and our guests are our first priority and we will always take care that you gut the best room for best rate in future as well. Such great reviews simply boost up our and our staff's moral and we become more motivated to provide best customer service. Thank you very much for your kind words sir.
Corbin,Ky
Reviewed 8 January 2011

On our way from Kentucky to Disney very convient place to stop instead of making the long haul. I will go ahead and get my complaint out of the way; the rooms are in need of updating/remodeling and are a little small if you were traving with a family. That being said stay was great...Clean, Clean, Clean. couldn't ask for a better staff to deal with. Arrived after booking a smoking room because it was cheaper and we do not smoke but figured for one night what the heck. The receptionist immediately asked me if I smoke and she asked if I had book because of cheaper price I said yes and she gave me a non-smoking room for the same price. Highly Recommended.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
TiftonMicroteltifton, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tifton, responded to this review, 12 January 2011
Thank you Sir for taking time out of your busy schedule to write the review for our property and we appreciate your kind words towards us. You will always be provided the best service possible in futuree as well and we are looking forward to serve you again in future.
Reviewed 14 December 2010

We were on our way to Orlando to see our newly born grand-baby and it was kind a unplanned to stay at a hotel but since we were prity tired so decided to get a room in Tifton. We googled for cheap and clean place to stay in Tifton and Microtel was at top of the list. Well since we never stayed in Microtel before so we were little hesitant so we thought that we will go and check out the place before renting the room. Building looked well maintained from the outside and parking Lot was very clean with good looking pool area. Anyways we went inside to check price on one bed room and there was a happy front desk lady to greet us. She gave us good price honoring our AAA and AARP card and we decided not to check room since lobby was very clean and modern. Front desk lady was a jolly person and during our little chit chat we told her that we are going to see our grand baby post thanks giving she said" well since you are in good mood so let make your trip more fun and how about a free upgrade to suite." That sounded perfect to us. We got ground floor room and it was extremely neat, clean and fully furnished suite with a kitchenette. WE LOVED IT. later we got a call from front desk to check that how we liked the room. That was first time in any hotel that they called to check if we are OK and we like it. Got coffee and talked a little more with the front desk girl and went to sleep. We slept like babies, it was so nice and peaceful place. Morning breakfast was very descent and morning guy his name was ERICK I believe, was very nice as well. He was in lobby whole time offering coffee to each guest I felt like I am in some 5Star hotel..hehehe... We had perfect stay and perfect chek out. This is the only hotel I will stay in Tifton and I will stay in Microtels now onwards. They are rally nice, affordable, clean and courteous place. We were very impressed.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Adairsville
Reviewed 24 November 2010

We chose this hotel on the Interstate to attend a car swap meet in Moultrie. The website offered good pricing. The hotel is a little difficult to find due to all the hotels/resturants located so closely together. The night clerk was very friendly and tried to be all to everyone (not true of the morning crew). We had a queen size room that overlooked the parking lot. The room/bath were surface clean. The rugs are beginning to show their age and would not hurt to be deep cleaned. The was a small hole near the door. The bed was firm and very comfortable.
Morning breakfast was disappointing. We only ate there once during our 3 day stay. Coffee was lukewarm, choice of 2 dry cereals and grits, muffins, stale bagels and supplies to use on waffles but no waffles. There were 2 young men working the desk but appeared to be too busy on their personal cell phones to keep the breakfast offerings filled. Fresh fruit would be a welcome addition to the meager breakfast.
For the price, it was a good stay. We could see why so many workman and truck drivers chose this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Dear valued guest, We appreciate your time and effort to write a review for our property and thank you for choosing us. We promise to provide the best service and price during for future stay as well.
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Hi my name is Heather and I live in Palm Coast, Florida. My husband had to come to Alapaha, Georgia for medical treatment which would take about 6 weeks. During this time I would have to work during the week and come visit him on the weekend. Well, with my husband being ill plus being away from his family it has been very hard for us emotionally and finically. The only time we had to spend together as a family was 12:00 noon - 4:30pm so our time was very limited and valuable to us. Preeti the hotel manager allowed us to check in earlier than the usual time and check out a couple of hours later because of our situation at no extra cost. On top of the Preeti upgraded us to a Suite at no extra charge just to make our visit more pleasureable. The hotel is very clean, affordable and most important the customer service is unbeatable anywhere. I would go out of my way to stay here. This has been the best hotel experience I have ever had. Preeti and her staff have become very dear to my heart and my family. God Bless you Preeti. Thank you for all that you have done. Thank you for listening to me cry when things where hard to manage about my husband's illness. The kleenex came in handy. L.O.L. Just thank you for being you. Preeti also allowed me to take a picture of her for my husbands recovery book. It was very important for me to have her in his book because she was a big part of his recovery but mostly my recovery. My husband was very thankful to know that me and the children where in good hands.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
TiftonMicroteltifton, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tifton, responded to this review, 14 October 2010
Hello Miss Heather! Greetings!
It is my pleasure to be part of your husband's recovery. You are an amazing and strong person. You and daughter have been most dear guests. Your words of appreciation means a lot for us and Microtel and me personally are always there for you. We pray to God that everything will get well soon we are looking forward to serve your happy healthy family soon.
Reviewed 10 October 2010

I have stayed at this hotel now for almost 30 days. I have been here on business. The care and attention from the management and the staff have been excellent. The rooms are clean and the breakfast is great. I love a good bagel with cream cheese in the morning. This hotel is located right beside Staples, Zaxby's, Golden Corral, Chicago Pizza, LongHorn, Walmart, Kmart and Coconut Asian Bistro which is a fantastic delight! Microtel had coupons for Coconut Asian Bistro. Also, the cleaning staff have been trustworthy! I have left some things in my room and nothing was ever disturbed.

It is also peaceful. You really cannot hear other hotel guests. Makes it great for a good night sleep!

I truly recommend this hotel!

HelenaD from North Carolina

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Thank You Miss Delacy for taking time out of your busy schedule to write this wonderful review for us. We truly appreciate it. You are an amazing guest and we are so fond of your company and presence at our property. I promise you that we will always provide you best service and we are always there. Please accept our greetings and it will be our pleasure to serve to in future as well.