“Reservations”

Howard Johnson Tifton
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Tifton
Reviewed 14 July 2014

One hour before check-in they call and said they didn't have the room we had reserved a week ahead of time. Offered us a smoking room, this was not acceptable.Was given a room with one bed on second floor after we reserved 2 beds. Fan in bathroom did not work very hot when showering, cover on door facing had come off, toilet paper holder only half there. Had to hunt for clean towels, room had a very strong smell and the door was open when we arrived like they were covering up a smell. The breakfast was a joke! Wifi did not work and were told they were working on it. This was our last and worse trip at this Howard Johnson and we had stayed there many times in the pass as we have family in that area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Howard31794, General Manager at Howard Johnson Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Safe Travels!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I made this reservation because I thought it was a place where I had stayed a couple years ago. When I got off the highway, I knew it wasn't the same, and as I pulled in, there were a lot of guys out front -- rarely a good sign for a budget hotel. As I approached to check it out, I realized that these were working contractors talking to their families. They must have gone to bed early, because it was very quiet all night.

The room was small but quite nice, sort of a larger version of a MicroTel at less than half the price. The fridge, coffeemaker, and TV all worked just fine. I didn't use the wifi. The A/C took about an hour to cool the room, but it was 95 outside and you can't expect the hotel to cool a previously empty room.

My only complaints are minor and personal: I'm tall, so the shower was low and weak. Actually, that's not so minor, but I only needed a quick shower in the morning so it wasn't the end of the world. Also, the pillows were tiny, but I brought my own in the car so it didn't matter.

For about $40, you can't get a better, cleaner, safer room in Georgia. It was far, far better than the much more expensive Red Roof Inns I stayed in earlier in my trip.

Room Tip: I was on the back side opposite I-75, which is always a good idea.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Chris B

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Tifton ga @ Howard Johnson. We appreciate your kind words and hope to see you again. Until then Safe Travels!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We needed to stop for the night around 10:30 on a road trip to FL. We noticed a lot of hotels at exit 62 in Tifton. We stopped at the Days Inn first and after waiting for 15-20 min found out the room was $90+. Yadda Yadda Yadda. After 5 min at the Howard Johnsons I had a room for around $50! This was obviously a Motel 6 in a former life but was not gross and was primarily other families staying here on the way to/from FL. The rooms are teeny-tiny, but the beds, a/c, and TV were all better than expected. Our room was on the second floor facing Old Omega Rd and 75, but was somehow quite and fairly dark. The shower/tub was unexpectedly large. Overall, we had a nice quick stay at a great value. My only complaint would be the way the lobby and rooms smell. The hotel is non-smoking but may not have been previously. I thought it was just a really strong chemical smell, but my wife thought it was an old tobacco smell. With no other down-sides, I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Howard31794, General Manager at Howard Johnson Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you would stay with us again. Hope to see you in the future when you are traveling through Tifton Ga.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Howard31794, General Manager at Howard Johnson Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Reviewed 21 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Howard31794, General Manager at Howard Johnson Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Reviewed 14 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Howard31794, General Manager at Howard Johnson Tifton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014