“Excellent lunch (Sat) and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Red Barn Cafe

The Red Barn Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Tiger
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sautee Nacoochee, Georgia
“Excellent lunch (Sat) and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Wonderful meal and super great service. All staff were exceptional.

The setting is perfect on open-sided barn with a beautiful winery/vineyard setting.

Food was excellent, great cheese tray as appetizer. "Shrimp and Grits" best ever entree.

Service for wine and service was the best.

On return list........for real soon.

Visited June 2013

Clarkesville, Georgia, United States
“"Perfect way to spend the afternoon"!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

Fabulous afternoon in the NE Georgia Mountains! If you haven't been to the Red Barn Cafe at Tiger Mountain Vineyards - you must add to your list! Lisa greeted us at the door and set the tone for a fabulous experience. The food and staff are exceptional! Rocky and Dominique were perfect compliments to the experience. We had a beautiful table outside with a view of the Vineyards and Tiger Mountain. The Shrimp and Grits and the Scallop Cake - Outstanding! We enjoyed a bottle of the Tiger Mountain Rose which was a wonderful compliment to the food and the afternoon. After lunch we stopped in the tasting room and Jabe helped us enjoy and gain knowledge on some of Tiger Mountains amazing wines! Check out Tiger Mountain Vineyards website for upcoming events - you don't want to miss this place!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Ann B
Atlanta, Georgia
“The Jewel of Rabun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

We visited the Red Barn Cafe on a perfect Saturday in November and it was a delight. The wines are exceptional, the venue is to die for and the food is so gourmet. The cafe is a converted barn but has been TOTALLY converted into this marvelous country french style eatery with a noted chef originally from Dahlonega. The portions are small and elegant and a tad pricey but the view of the vineyard and Tiger mountain are fabulous. Wine pairings are offered with each dish. The walls of the cafe are all louvered so that they open along the back and one whole side of the cafe and look out onto the view. They also have outdoor tables on a patio and a firepit with outdoor heaters for chillier days. It is 'outdoor' dining at it's best.
I highly recommend a visit to the cafe-spend a leisurely afternoon and enjoy a very special lunch!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank wulfie2
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“A MOST BEAUTIFUL VIEW FOR LUNCH...BUT NOT TOTALLY THERE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

The old creamery barn was beautiful up a rise by a silo. North Georgia? I really once or twice though I was in Napa or Sonoma...really… across from Baron Rothschild’s great vineyard. We sat out under a beautiful covered area with great old iron lanterns, and gazed at the vineyard rolling down the shoulder of Tiger Mountain. The ubiquitous vineyard's wines were offered up by the owner’s daughter. Here I was at Tiger Vineyards. Home of some award winning wines. I just wanted to look at the view but we had to order. We had shrimp and grits; we are after all in the southern Appalachians. Another had the chicken salad and a third salmon ravioli. Here is where the potential is not realized. The Salmon comfit was fresh, good seasoning and tasty and a prodigious wine cream sauce. The shrimp good also. The problem is the presentation...as the French say garde manger (gar-ma-jay) . You really should not serve food that is a lunch entree on a salad plate. If the salmon had been on a large white charger with some garde manger to fill out the edges....like herb confetti...or drizzled sauce around the plate’s edge it would have been so much more appealing. I had lovely food but felt like I was being serve a child's portion. I am only writing this because the chef has great potential and it was a fine lunch. The one big fault, well it was the chicken salad. Chefs well trained know that you don’t serve chicken salad just made. You have to leave it for hours to marinade, same for something as simple as coleslaw, etc. If you don’t any of the flavors of the other ingredients come through. This place is such a beautiful spot that I will go again and again when I am near. I have to say though that I hate to see things that are so beautiful so minimized by easily corrected faults. I really think there is not a better place for lunch near that area though. They are said to be opening in the evening soon. I only hope so. To see the fireflies across the vines, or cicadas chirping away would make me forget the faults. Maybe they will not be offended and change them. You should really try it. Someone here has a very good eye.

• Visited August 2012