“It's blah, blah, bland”

Studio 6 Atlanta Northlake
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Tucker
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This place could be soo much better than what it is. Old tv's and limited channel selections, guarantees me that I won't be laying in the bed for long. The bed is another thing. I think housekeeping and maintenance replaced it with cinder blocks. The carpet requires you to wear socks or flip flops at all times. The kitchenette floor was very sticky. The best thing about the place was the front desk. Check in easy and she was very nice. Location is very quiet although its next to the perimeter bypass(I285)

Room Tip: Splurge a lil more for the king beds. Queens are not queens
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank waynewU6417PI

Reviewed 13 April 2013

I choose this location because I stayed here ten years ago and thought maybe I would have the same positive experience.....not. Check in was smooth, but the staff always acted like they had an attitude especially the grumpy manager. Fresh linens were never available until near midnight. The room was not clean, I had to bleach and wipe down everything. The blankets smelled funky, and the maid cleaned the rooms while smoking a cigarette. You could also smell heavy cigarette smoke through the bathroom vents.

While staying there I did not feel safe, all sorts of shady characters roaming around. This one particular creepy guy banged on the next room door twice during the week I stayed and would just lurk on the stairwell mid night all week. If you like prostitutes hanging out and watching your every move this is your place! Or cars driving so fast through the motel, you could be ran over....join in the "fun".

The toliet ran loudly upon arrival. I requested another room, the manager lied and told me there were no more rooms. Then day three, my toliet overflowed ( think Mississippi River) onto the bathroom floor and out to the front living area. Still the manager refused to change my room. She sent housekeeping up to do a half job cleaning it up, the floor was still sticky and gross. No apology or nothing. So, the remaining four days I had to walk on toliet water carpet. The hot water is scalding, a huge hazard for anyone esp children (read eventual lawsuit).

They also lied and told me if I filled out a survey I would get a free night, it never happen not surprise or disappointed.

Overall, I was so happy to leave. It was one of the longest week of my life. I suggest you look for other options.

Room Tip: Dont do it.......try extended stay
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Guest l
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Never had a problem here. The hotel is reasonably priced and the accommodations are good. You can not go wrong if you are looking for a place that you can cook , keep a pet and be close to everything. The staff is very friendly. The do charge for internet but $5.00 a week is ok by me. I would stay there again and again! Very quiet no problems.

Room Tip: Ask for the Manager.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Phlebotomy
Reviewed 19 October 2012

They put me in smoking when I requsted non smoking. When I said it was smoking they denied it - but there were ashtrays! They offered to remove the ash trays! Before I insisted they move me.
They messed up my billing three times the first two weeks.
The housekeeping changes towels and empties the trash - they clean nothing!
The laundry had two machines that ate money. The third got sand all over my clothes. The dryer had 4 crack cocaine bags in the drum!
I witnessed two verbal explosions between residents - and one fist fight in my first week. I called cops and they asked me if I have called hotel "security" for a domestic disturbance.
They had Terminix spray for bugs in all the un-occupied rooms - sending the roaches to the .... you guessed it! The occupied rooms. If I wanted my room sprayed, I needed to move.
My door lock worked intermittently - but when I asked for maintenance to look at it, I was told --- "that's how they all are".
When I asked to talk with a manager and left my number - THREE days in a row - the manager was NEVER there - and I never got a call.
The customer service is three steps DOWN from anything I have ever seen. My third grade grandson would have more compassion and follow through.
I'm leaving. If you come here - you are a fighter - or a crack dealer - or just dumb!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank charlenemgr
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel while in Atlanta for a family wedding. The good: The hotel was reasonably priced, with the desk clerk being able to find a better rate (saving me over forty dollars) in her computer. The staff at this location was fantastic and very friendly, and any reasonable request was granted with a smile.

The bad now: First off, if you are unfamiliar with the area, this hotel can be extremely hard to find, due to the fact you not only have to drive to the end of the road to find this place, but especially with a large office complex and trees hiding the view of the hotel from NB I-285 and a small sign directing travelers to this location, it can be hard to find.

Secondly, on the Saturday morning of my stay, I got up off the ground the wrong way, and caused an injury to my knee. I called the front desk to explain what had happened, and to ask them if there was an urgent care center near the hotel; the clerk wasn't sure where there was one. I then called 911 from the room phone to get medical help. The 911 call went into COMPLETE DEAD SILENCE (not going through so it seemed). I then hung up and called 911 back, with THE SAME RESULT! I then called 911 on my cell phone, and explained to the 911 dispatcher that I had placed the two 911 calls from my room but the calls had not gone through. The dispatcher understood, advised me that the calls did indeed go through, that she had called the front desk to ask what was going on (the desk clerk did tell the 911 operator that I had a medical issue) and then advised me that paramedics were en route to my location. After being released from the ER, I spoke with the front desk, explaining what had happened. The clerk sent the maintenance man to the room, to replace the phone. However, the phone in the room appeared to be the same one that was in there when I had arrived earlier in the week.

A call to Motel6 corporate was handled very rapidly, and I received compensation for this mishap. Would I stay here again? Probably. Would I use the room phone to call 911 for an emergency? No.

Room Tip: Don't use the room phone to call 911; use your cell phone
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EsdaPup
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Traveled from Destin, Fl. with my mother in law who just had 4 hours of chemotherapy and with our( 2 ) children. I reserved the room weeks prior so that we can take my mother in law to see her first Atlanta Braves game. I called ahead to notify the hotel that we would be late due to the chemo treatment. The clerk explained to me about their courtesy phone located outside the door and what to do to get my hotel key when we arrive. we arrived at 11:00 pm, went to the courtesy phone but it did not work! Waited on my cell phone to get a representative for 45 minutes only to tell me that they apologized for the inconvience but there was nothing they could do at the time since they too could not reach the front desk or security. REALLY?!?! After about a hour of being sent from one rep to another we drove off to find another hotel. Luckily around 12:30am we were able to find a hotel with a "human" night clerk and were able to get a room. I called the Studio6 as soon as the lobby was suppose to open and no one answered! I then called customer relations and filed a formal complaint about this property and demanded my refund. I was told I would receive my refund but it would take 15 days for it to process...WTH?!?! I reserve many rooms and decided to try Studio6 since it had a kitchen and looked nice but believe me when I say NEVER again!! I'll stick to my regular hotel chain. I hope I do get my refund soon! Extremely disappointed in Studio6 Northlake!!

Room Tip: Do not reserve a room here
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Merlene R
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Checking in was a pleasant experience. The young lady at the counter was very friendly, and explained everything to me (clearly from what I thought). I asked for access to the wireless internet, and she provided me with the code. I settled into my room, and tried to access the internet with the code. The code was invalid. I called the front desk, and the gentleman provided me with a second code - which was also invalid. Because those were the only two codes the young man had, he asked that I call the 1-888 number that the error website was providing to me, and he stated that they should be able to get logged in manually. I contacted the 1-888 number, and they are the ones who let me know that both codes were expired, and that the front desk needed to provide me with the updated codes. Thus - I called the front desk back, and because the manager was the only who could print the codes, I was told I had to wait until morning, and it would be done for the very first thing. The next morning, I woke up around 11:00, and had not heard from the manager to provide me with the codes. I had to call the front desk yet again to inquire about it. The manager answered, and stated she was "just about to pull the codes and call me." I had my doubts about that, but things happen, and the code she provided worked right away.

The next day (Sunday), I received a call from the manager again. She asked how things were, and then asked if we were smoking in the room. Being that it's a non-smoking room, I said no - but we were smoking in the hallway, which is why there was an ashtray sitting outside. I was a little put off by the question - first of all, had I been smoking in the room, I'd be a little more discreet about it. Secondly - why would I have an ashtray outside in the blazing heat, if I were smoking inside where it was nice and cool?? I felt very put off by the question of it, and by her attitude. I did not appreciate it.

The following Monday evening, I was lying on my bed watching television. It was around 5 PM. It started to rain pretty hard, and I began to hear water running. I looked around to see where it was coming from, and discovered that the window was leaking. It was leaking fast, and flowing heavy. I tried to make sure the window wasn't open, and upon inspection, found it to be closed tightly. I immediately called the front desk, and the lady said she'd move me to another room. So - I threw everything I had together as fast as I could, because I didn't know how long it was to rain, etc. And I was moved to another room, on the other side of the property almost. I asked the young lady if I could get any type of refund for the trouble of having to move rooms, etc, and she stated that she couldn't do that, and that I'd have to talk to the manager. She said she was going to call the manager to see what she could do though. I didn't hear anything regarding it.

The next morning, I went to check out. The manager was at the desk. She did not offer any type of an apology, nor any type of refund, etc for my troubles. She was very curt with me, and even had the nerve to ask if I took out the garbage, cleaned out the fridge, and ran water in the dishes. I wasn't told I had to do this, and frankly, after the experience I had had, I would have been taken to jail before doing stuff the maids service should do anyway.

Overall, I was very disappointed in stay there. Mainly due to the fact that no one ever offered up any type of an apology for the inconviences I had to endure. And on top of that, I felt like I was treated like a second class citizen. I might be willing to stay there again - because it was hard to beat the price for the accomadations - but I will certainly explore other options first.

Room Tip: Could have been much better - but the manager is not very friendly or helpful.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank PinkieAce
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tucker
Masters Inn Tucker
Courtyard Atlanta Northlake
Quality Inn Northlake
Quality Inn Northlake
#113 of 173 in Atlanta

Been to Studio 6 Atlanta Northlake? Share your experiences!