“Good for Tucker”

Greater Good Barbecue
Ranked #5 of 131 Restaurants in Tucker
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Nice to have a BBQ spot in Tucker. Much better than the very old one that is still here in the area.

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

We had three sandwiches and a large side of tots. Pulled pork, sliced brisket and pimento with bacon. The bacon was perfectly crispy. Someone was a little heavy-handed with the seasoning salt on the tots, but other than that, everything was very tasty. Generous sandwiches, fast and friendly service.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

This location has been everything from a local bar, seafood restaurant, Greek restaurant - FINALLY we have a winner! If you walk away hungry then you have a problem. When they have BURNT ENDS as a special - get it. Otherwise, I love the brisket and Carolina style pulled pork is a frequent special. The BBQ sauces they have at each table range from sweet, regular, hot & Carolina style (which is mustard based)....side dishes are big proportions and big on taste. Personal favorites are mac & cheese, baked beans with a "smoky taste" rather than sweet, Tator Tots are excellent! You really can't go wrong here. Atmosphere inside good - great outdoor patio.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I have only been here twice, but I really enjoyed it and I am VERY picky about BBQ.
The staff was friendly, I met the owner and he was nice as well.
The food that I ordered was hot and very tasty on both visits. However, the baked beans were ay too sweet.
On my second visit to the restaurant I took my boyfriend who is very selective about what he eats and he LOVED it!
I say give it a try for your self. I had the chopped brisket and the owner said they smoked the meat for 9 hours. This place is way better then the big box BBQ joints ANYDAY.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

I've heard mixed reviews from folks around the Tucker area about Greater Good BBQ so I decided to give it a try. Did takeout.

Was greeted at the door by a waitress with a smile. She showed me to the takeout counter. A gentleman took my order and brought it to me in less than 5 minutes.

Nice indoor decor with good music and TVs.

I ordered the pulled pork sandwhich and smoked wings. The wings were crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. Decent flavor. The pork sandwhich was HUGE. Plenty of pork and very moist...BUT no smoke flavor. No bark. Not a true smokehouse? The sauces were good. I tried the Carolina and the House.

All in all my experience was alright. Portion size and prices were great. I'd probably eat here again in the future but wouldn't go out of my way to do it. I've certainly had better BBQ. I'm one of those guys that thinks the meat should speak for itself.