“Fish Tacos”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Atlanta
“Fish Tacos”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Although not similar to the West Coast style, their fish (and other) tacos are excellent. Have not tried the tongue.

Visited September 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chile was blown away by the pie”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We hosted a group from Chile who were in search of home-made pumpkin pie. Matthews scored big time and we made new friends from South America.

Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fried chicken of course”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

True down home southern cooking. Nothing fake or phony about it, this is the real deal. Tucker community has spruced up Main St. And Matthews is the anchor. Has been there for many years with many more to come.

• Visited November 2012
Jackson, Georgia
“Mixed Feelings”
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

I have heard good things about this southern restaurant . I was expecting an old southern feel to it. When I walked in , I saw Spanish employees serving the breakfast . There was a lot of Spanish chatter that I didn't understand. This took away from the southern appeal. The breakfast was not a sit down and order. Instead you walk down a line and chose your breakfast foods . Everything is sold separately instead of just asking for a country breakfast. When ordering everything separately , it can get expensive fast. They do give you a lot of food on your plate. The scrambled eggs were undercooked and runny. The coffee cups reminded me of the tiny tea cups in my daughters tea play set. I am a coffee drinker and I had to make several trips to fill up my thimble coffee cup. The coffee had a great bold taste. I was taken back also by the tip jar beside the cash register. Am I supposed to tip for no service. I am in line to get my own breakfast . I have to go get my coffee refilled and I am supposed to leave a tip ? I don't think I will be back for breakfast. I may brush up on my Spanish and come back for lunch .

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Chuck C
Tucker, Georgia
“Not sure where the hype comes from.”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I had seen Matthews on DDD.. and finally had a chance to go... Wishing the chance hadn't arisen. I had the Turkey and dressing... Almost no turkey and it was all so dry It was like trying to swallow dust. The mashed potatoes were good.. albeit on the cold side. This was a 1st and Last visit

• Visited September 2013