“A no frills, friendly, quick service place that locals enjoy”

Monterrey Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 130 Restaurants in Tucker
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I have a Monterrey dinner a few times a month. It is what it is. No frills Mexican food. Lots of staff always on hand means that the orders are quick to the table, which I appreciate after a long day at work. There are a lot of tables and booths, as well as an outdoor covered patio area. When it's full, which is most nights during the dinner rush, it's a loud, crowded place. It is what it is. That said, I do prefer to wait out a booth to avoid the crowded middle collection of tables and chairs. The parking lot looks large until it's full. Then you have to either wait out a space or park across the street at the bank and take your chances jay walking across Lavista. When it's at full dinner rush, there can be a line. Due to the fast table service, however, the line does not linger too long. The prices are reasonable. The wait staff is great; you hand carry your own check to the cashier upon check out. I've never quite understood why they do that, but it is what it is too. When I'm in the mood for basic Mexican food served quickly and consistently, it's just easy to go to Monterrey's.

There are newer reviews for Monterrey Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed 30 July 2010

An old Shakeys Pizza Parlor converted to a Mexican restaurant. Good food, served fast but not much "atmosphere" I had the steak fajitas.

Reviewed 24 June 2010

This place has pretty good Mexican food that could be better, but for the value, this is great. Atmosphere is okay, feels a little like a dive, but a good dive. I'd recommend it to my friends.

Reviewed 12 July 2008

We have eaten here several times and *used* to like it. However, on our last visit we found a COOKED fly in our chicken burrito (as in INSIDE, in the stuffing).... The mgr was called, and, he simply took it away and actually asked if we wanted another, uggghhh.... And he didn't even apologize.... When pressed a little (AFTER we had payed for the food), he tried to suggest that since we were eating on the patio it must have been from a fly outside.... and this was AFTER he was the one that took the plate away and saw that it was a fly and that it was obviously cooked in the burrito (my wife saw it where it had fallen out of the burrito where she had cut her first bite)... NOT a good or remotely appropriate response.... We will not be eating there again....

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 21 February 2008

I LOVE THIS PLACE! FABULOUS!!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook