Courtyard Atlanta Northlake
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsfirst floorsliding doornice stayseveral times a yearhousekeeping managerbusiness tripwould absolutely recommend this hotelchick filshopping and restaurantsrefrigerator and microwavehotel experiencestayed two nightsnight's sleepdesk stafffitness roomneeded anythingbistro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I've stayed at this hotel about once a year for the past 15 years. (I stay there with my husband and kids while visiting family nearby.) In the past we've always found the hotel to be reliably comfortable and an excellent value, but there seems to have been a recent change in management, and our stay this past weekend was a bit of a disappointment. Some of the features and niceties we've grown accustomed to have disappeared; for instance, the hot tub and breakfast-room waffle maker are gone. On one day (Easter Sunday), our room was never cleaned. (The front desk apologized and even offered 1,000 Marriott points to try to make up for it.) And we had a couple of maintenance problems in the room (e.g., the electrical outlets above the nightstand did not work). The staff was friendly enough, and the hotel is in a convenient location, but next time we'll likely try a different one in the area, as there are many to choose from (and my kids really love to make waffles at breakfast).

Room Tip: Your biggest decisions are first floor vs second floor and room vs. one-bedroom suite. A family of four can sleep relatively comfortably in a one-bedroom suite with two double beds, plus a sofabed in the living room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank WendyPerrin
Tiffany S, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Wendy,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property. I am disappointed that your most recent stay did not meet your expectations. We aim to always provide you with services and accommodations that will make you want to stay with us again and again. I'm sorry to hear that we missed the mark. While we have experienced a change in management, we hope that you will find all of our changes to be positive ones. Our waffle station is back in full swing, with some added flavors and toppings that I'm sure your family will love. Like many other Marriott properties, our hot tub has been closed, but our beautiful courtyard pool is open and available for your enjoyment. We are also gearing up to perform a full renovation, the results of which will be stunning. It is my sincere hope that you will give us the opportunity to regain your trust and your loyalty. When you plan on returning to Tucker, please give me a call directly at 770-938-1200. Thank you!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Normally I book a hotel room online, but this time I did it over the phone. I booked a handicap accessible room for my aunt and myself to share with two queen beds. The process was done with extreme ease and the gentleman even applied appropriate discounts (AAA and Emory Clinic) that applied since we were in town for a family receiving care at an Emory hospital. The price for the room before the discounts was good, but they made it even better. How nice it is for them to have a relationship with Emory in the first place. Then, we were greeted with big smiles and professionalism from the moment we entered the lobby doors to the check-in counter and beyond. Loved the entire lobby---hot beverage for my aunt and an ice cold one for me with cookies readily available upon arrival--it's the little things like that to add to the warm welcome. A very efficient computer/printer/work-space (with built-in guest privacy software) that can accommodate several guests is provided. The gym is functional and offers a variety of workout equipment. There's even a beautiful fireplace with a cozy sitting area. Even though this is an older hotel, it has been renovated and to be perfectly honest, a terrific job has been done to blend modern conveniences and decor with the original structure. We felt welcome and comfortable and were able to truly relax in this environment.

Now, let's get to the room: It was absolutely PERFECT in every way--CLEAN, ATTRACTIVE, ORGANIZED, COMFORTABLE BEDS with nice clean bedding...modern, light and airy bedding too---not those outdated old comforters that used to be in hotels and should no longer be. I remarked to my aunt that the bathroom was super-clean and that I simply could not find a spec of dirt on the bathroom floor! We both enjoyed a great night's sleep. The exterior of the hotel and courtyard is well-kept and attractive. As a bonus, we noticed that it was actually quiet at different times of the day and night even with lots of traffic nearby. We enjoyed an amazing breakfast buffet with eggs made to order and juice and coffee delivered to our table. EVERYONE was pleasant and helpful from the beginning to the end of our stay. There is no complaint whatsoever. (The only thing I noticed was a lack of security cameras at the back and side entrances as some of the other guests have said. If there are no cameras and no security being monitored in the parking areas, well...that could be an issue of course if an incident arises. My guess is that this hotel has little security issues in the first place and that perhaps a system is in the planning.)

As an extra special bonus, this hotel is located right next to a large shopping center with a Kroger grocery store, salons, restaurants--not to mention Red Lobster where we enjoyed an amazing dinner, drinks and friendly service--banks, cell phone stores, everything you could possibly need is right there. You don't even have to get on the main road to access it all---just drive straight over from the hotel or take a two-minute walk! We relaxed and enjoyed the hotel amenities so much better by not having to drive all over the place for shopping. We will certainly stay here again and also invite our family and friends to do so. This hotel certainly exceeded our expectations. My aunt said instead of 3 stars, it should be a 5 star hotel. (As a side note, I think that even Robert Irvine from Hotel Impossible would give this hotel his high-standards approval!) Great job everyone!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SandraFAtlanta

Dear Sandra,

I can't begin to thank you for the accolades that you have given our property. We work hard to ensure that every guest experience is like yours-perfect in every way. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the comfort and convenience of our hotel from our friendly staff and robust breakfast, to the nearby shopping and dining. Maintaining relationships with local businesses such as the Emory Clinic is just one of the many ways that we strive to provide the best possible accommodations for our guests. When you are visiting the Atlanta area again, we'd love to have you as our guest. Please call me directly the next time you are ready to book. Thank you again!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I have stayed in my fair share of crummy, over priced hotels. I would def rate this hotel a 4 out of 5. I stayed here over a 3 night stay for business. Overall, in some areas it is outdated, odd for a hotel to not have an elevator, but it didn't impact me any. Breakfast was included with my stay and it was def fulfilling. Plenty of parking, front desk employees were sociable. The bed was so comfortable; I slept so great that I wish I could of taken the bed home with me. Room overall was nice, large tv, clean shower, plenty of closet space.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Sm1leSunSh1ne
Tiffany S, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay from your energizing breakfast to your relaxing night's sleep and everything in between. I hope that you will stay with us again when you are in the Atlanta area. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Service was good. The hotel was clean. However during the icy weather out vehicle was struck by another guest at night while we were sleeping. Bucause no security cameras were available i. The parking area and the guest did a hit n run. We could not do anything about it .

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Siaetnohr,
Thank you for sharing our experience with us. I am so sorry to hear that someone would be so inconsiderate as to hit your car in the ice storm. We always hope that our guests will be honest and it is disappointing to hear that this was not the case in this instance. Please accept my sincere apologies. If there is anything that we can do to be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

First the outside grounds are unkept, night lighting is below standard increasing the likelihood of your vehicle being broken into. Upon entering the hallways they were very dirty with trash, grass clippings and stains on the carpet in the hallways. The bathroom sink drained so slowly that one has to wait after washing your hands for the water to drain before attempting any other personal hygiene. The room refrigerator didn't work even though they did change it out (you have to request a fridge it is not already in the room). The furniture is dated and the dresser drawers won't open/close as they should. No elevator in the building, have to carry luggage up and down stairs. No sound dampening between walls, so you hear everything the people 2 doors down are doing let alone next to you. Breakfast not included, have to pay $9.95 for what other chains include in their normal rates. No pun intended but this looks like an old Econo Lodge built in the 70's or early 80's. The $99 per night or $121 with taxes is about the going rate for other hotels in the area but you defintely don't get your money's worth.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ohmz42

Dear Ohmz42,
I am so disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I'm sure that your experience must have been frustrating and I wish that we would have had the opportunity to make things right. I hope that you will be happy to know that updates to our hotel are coming very soon. We have already doubled the amount of lighting in our parking lot to make our guests feel welcome and secure before they ever enter our hotel. I hope that you are willing to give us another try. I woud be delighted to host you again. Should you decide to come back, please allow me to arrange your stay by calling me at 770-938-1200. Thank you!