“Super 8 now Stone Mountain Inn and Suites”

Stone Mountain Inn and Suites
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Tucker
Atlanta, Georgia
“Super 8 now Stone Mountain Inn and Suites”
Reviewed 16 April 2010

I was having work done on my house after a storm and stayed at what is now Stone Mountain Inn and Suites a couple of times within the past 2 months. I have to admit that I was a bit leery about the motel after reading the reviews but was pleasantly surprised. The motel has been renovated and the room was clean, the carpet, sheets and bedspread in good condition. The bathtub and sink bore stains from cigarette burns but those probably couldn't be removed. I love the size of the rooms overall. I didn't have a problem with anything at all. The premises were quiet and located near the highway, I didn't hear traffic at all. There was the typical contract utility trucks in the parking lot but I never saw the crews. I would recommend this facility.

Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vonneyone

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 18 August 2006

My husband and I drove to Atlanta to camp at Stone Mountain and visit the Georgia Aquarium and the IKEA store. When we arrived at Stone Mountain, we weren't allowed to check in because the campground had been hit by a tornado. It was getting late and we had only budgeted for the campsite, so we stopped at the first cheap-looking hotel we saw - a Motel 6 off Highway 78.

The people who checked us in were polite and the cost of the room was just $55, but at that rate it is overpriced. The room itself was pretty nasty - old and run-down and not very clean. We had asked for a non-smoking room, but there was an ashtray on the table and a marijuana stem floating in the toilet. There was also a huge, unattractive stain on the carpet.

But the worst part was the bed. The dingy, stained mattress was covered only by a thin sheet that had lost its elastic and kept coming off the corners. With no mattress cover or anything else between me and the mattress, I was pretty grossed out and had trouble sleeping for fear of touching the mattress when the sheet came off.

Obviously I can't recommend this place. It was more like a port in a storm than accommodations.

• Liked — It was there when nothing else seemed to be available.
  • Disliked — The disgusting bed.
  • Tips/Secrets — Have a back-up plan so you don't end up in a place like this.
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank SpendthriftTraveler

Travellers are raving about these Tucker hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tucker
Stone Mountain Inn
Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain
Days Inn Atlanta Stone Mountain
#8 of 11 in Stone Mountain
Knights Inn Atlanta East

Been to Stone Mountain Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Stone Mountain Inn and Suites

Property: Stone Mountain Inn and Suites
Address: 1819 Mountain Industrial Blvd, US 78 at Mountain Industrial Boulevard, Exit #4, Tucker, GA 30084-6618 (Formerly Super 8 Tucker)
Region: United States > Georgia > Tucker
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Swimming Pool
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Tucker
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Stone Mountain Inn and Suites 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Stone Mountain Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Tucker