Lighthouse Inn
Sky Suites(Tybee Island)
US$107
US$102
Sea & Breeze Hotel(Tybee Island)
US$118
US$114
  • Pool
Hotel Tybee(Tybee Island)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$162
Dunes Inn & Suites(Tybee Island)
US$132
US$114
Sandcastle Inn(Tybee Island)
US$149
US$144
Admiral's Inn(Tybee Island)
US$141
US$125
Desoto Beach Hotel(Tybee Island)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$172
Agoda.com
Marriott's Monarch at Sea Pines(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
US$390
Hotwire.com
Marriott's Heritage Club(Hilton Head)
US$362
Hotels.com
Royal Palm Motel(Tybee Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsthe blue roomfront porchother guestsb bthe north endrocking chairshome away from homeboth morningsperfect locationsusielighthousesavannahislandtybeebeachbreeze
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2011

My husband and I absolutely loved the Lighthouse Inn. Susie and Stewart made us feel right at home without hovering. I just fell in love with Susie and her kind, open heart. She was also gracious helping us with places to eat around the island. This house is quite old which helps retain a lot of southern charm. It could use a little maintenance, but nothing was startling or so bad that it ruined our stay. It was so close to the beach and on the less mainstream part of the island, but still close to many things. The breakfasts were filling and coffee very good. They even had coffee out for us before the designated eating time of 8:30. We would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Susie will help you choose a room best for you based on your likes and needs
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LP2001
Reviewed 24 July 2011

My husband and I spent 5 days at the Lighhouse Inn and had a wonderfully relaxing time in the care of hosts Susie and Stuart. Our bedroom was beautifully furnished with a four poster bed, claw foot bathtub, and art work from the gallery Susie used to run in Savannah. We loved the slow pace of Tybee - and after our first couple of days there - found ourlseves downshifting easily from the frenetic pace of the city where we live to "Tybee time" where we spent hours on the beach, at the beach bar and grill just down the street from the Inn or just stting on the front porch in rocking chairs watching the world go by. Susie's breakfasts were the best and there are a number of restaurants on the island with outstanding seafood -- plus sunset views to die for! The island has everything you'd want in one small place so, once there, there's no need to go back to the "mainland" and you find yourself becoming entranced by the easy informality of Tybee, its beauty and the friendliness of the people you meet. We highly recommend this little Inn for couples young or old who want to experinece Southern charm at its finest!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EPAmom
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Fortunately, I did not stay at this Inn I live on Tybee Island. Since friends, family and acquaintenances are always asking me for recommendations for places to stay on Tybee (and Savannah) I stopped by the Lighthouse Inn this morning to check it out. I do not give recommendations for places I have not stayed or visited. I came in the front door, didn't see anyone but noticed someone in the kitchen. I asked if she was the owner. She said "What are you doing here? Didn't you ring the bell?" I siad "No, I didn't notice a bell:. But I explained I was a local and had friends coming who were looking for a nice place to stay and I wanted to check out the Inn before recommending it. She handed me a brochure and said "Go to our web site. We don't give tours. We are booked." I said, "I understand, when would be a convenient time for me to come back." She pushed me out the front door and said we don't let people come inside who are not our guests." I said "All you had to do is nicely explain that you would show me the Inn at a more convenient time when you weren't so busy/booked instead of being so rude." She said "We don't do that. You'll have to see it on-line." Then she closed the door in my face!! I was flabergasted. I have stayed at many bed and breakfasts and stopped in to look at many others, particularly in downtown Savannah, and have never had any that didn't have a daytime open door policy and that didn't at least let you look at their living/dining areas when all the rooms were booked. I have also never before had someone close a door in my face. Since I am a 64 year old female, which should be non-threathening and it was 10:30 am on a Wednesday in July on an Island 3 miles by 5 miles with low crime rate, I'm not sure what caused her bad attitude. But she definitely had one. I'm just glad I got to escape! I hope you do too! If not, I hope you visit the web site and act like "real guests!" The REST of Tybee Island is a very, very friendly place and you will love your visit here. So please, use this site to check out some other Tybee B&Bs, condos and hotels. We have many. I will be stopping by to look at others and am positive I'll get a normal southern welcome!! When you are here, you are on Tybee Time!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
11  Thank TybeeTraveler
Reviewed 23 June 2011

I don't think there's a more relaxing place on earth. The Inn is quiet and cozy, the breeze blows though the spanish moss in the giant trees, the beach is around the corner, and the beds are decadent. Do yourself a favor... turn off your cell phone and go the Lighthouse Inn for a few days with your spouse!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ColonelLiles
Reviewed 28 May 2011

We had such a wonderful time at The Lighthouse Inn. Susie and Stuart were great and really made you feel welcome. It was cozy and comfortable. It was a great place to enjoy a glass of wine or coffee on the front porch in the rocking chairs. Stuart was a great cook and the breakfasts were wonderful! It's in a great location-near to the beach but very quiet too! A great neighborhood to ride bikes! it also has free parking! The Inn was super clean and the bedding was plush! We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family