“A lovely little place to spend a weekend.”
Review of Lighthouse Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tybee Island
Lighthouse Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Tybee Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The hosts were super -- very friendly and helpful. The other guests were delightful. Breakfast absolutely wonderful with lemon ricotta pancakes or a vegetable quiche and superb hot biscuits. The B&B is only five minutes from the clean, open beach -- the dunes strewn with sea-oats-- and not too busy. I enjoyed the restaurant on the beach (again, only five minutes from the B&B). My room (the blue room) was comfortable and cool with discreet air conditioning. The decor is traditional and tasteful. You can borrow DVDs from the hosts -- I watched The Legend of Bagger Vance, which has a Savannah setting. You can also sit outside on a lovely old porch under fans. All in all, a delightful place.

Room Tip: The place is tiny. All three rooms are nice, although none is huge. This is not a problem for adul...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank wanderwoman15
There are newer reviews for Lighthouse Inn

Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

It's simple. We had three issues: Piano playing at 11:30 at night during a party by the inn keeper, drunk hostess mocking us about wanting a glass of ice, and a very noisy dog. Best part is the inn keeper sarcastically offered to put the dog to sleep because "dogs will be dogs." We paid over $550 for one not so great night. The place is clean but pricy for the accommodations. We had to head home early, which is not her fault, but when I told her why she said you still owe me for tonight even though your not staying. We should have just left. My advice- avoid this place - stay at Forsyth Park Inn in Savannah for less and get much much more and take the shuttle to Tybee.

• Stayed: June 2013
6  Thank ToddS934
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Hubby and I stayed here for two nights on our way to Orlando for a convention..home was lovely..bed comfy..Susie was very welcoming and Tammy (hope I have that name correct) was very friendly and helpful as she prepared delicious breakfasts both mornings. Nice chats with other guests at the table each morning. Close to the beach....nice area.quiet and residential. An issue with the AC was taken care of in a prompt manner. Would surely stay here again on a return trip.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sherri F
Reviewed 15 April 2013

This is a quaint B&B located at the quieter north end of Tybee island about a 2 min walk from the famous lighthouse and a 2-3 min walk to the beach past Fort Screven. One thing to ask yourself is are you a B&B type person? There are many hotels in the area that are cheaper than staying at the Lighthouse Inn. My priority was peace and quiet along with close beach access without fighting over a beach spots with other tourists. There is free wifi and and a little fridge in which to stock up on goodies. But if you are looking for all the hotel type amenities this isn't the place for you. If you want wonderful breakfast fare along with personal attention and a great hostess then by all means come on down. I have found when staying in a B&B you have to adopt an attitude you are staying in a relatives' house. You don't expect hotel type services from a relative. As such being personable to other guests and to the host is important. I chose this place for it's location and also for the B&B aspect. I wanted to be part of the local scene and to blend in. I didn't want to be treated like a tourist. Susie the owner and operator of The Lighthouse Inn was helpful, charming and available at all times with practical advice. When in Tybee you can hire golf carts or be driven about by a company that will take you to IGA or the tourist end of the island for a few dollars. This is the best way to travel this 3 mile paradise. This driving service is available from 10am- 4am in the morning. I would rate my stay as the great escape and I enjoyed 6 nights of peace and quiet. This cannot be compared to a hotel stay it is quite different. If laid back is your thing with great food then this place will be right up your alley. They don't change the sheets each days as they are on a recycle program but their are fresh sheets for your arrival. Again this is like staying with relatives for a week they won't change your sheets each day either. There are quite a few restaurants worth visiting you will be surprised at the dishes they offer. This island is charming and it has a lot of savvy for its size.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Green room it has shower facilities but no bathtub. I enjoy showers not long soaks...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Southpawpoet
Reviewed 22 July 2012

My girlfriend and I had the pleasure of a 2 night stay at this B&B. Susie kept excellent correspondence via email in the days approaching our check-in, concerning herself with everything from special dietary requests to accommodating a special bottle of beer I wished to bring (each room is equipped with an ample sized min fridge). She greeted us with the warmest of welcomes and immediately opened herself up to any information about Tybee we inquired about.

Due to its location away from the island's main strip, the north shore beach's decreased patronage was a huge plus for me. Lucky for us, it is no more than a 5 minute walk from the Inn til you can feel sand in your feet. Truth in advertising, no doubt: the historic Tybee lighthouse is also within walking distance.

Breakfast was served at 8:30 each morning, consisting of fresh fruit, coffee, juice, a mighty tasty breakfast casserole, and stuart's homemade biscuits. We had pleasant conversation each morning with the other couples who were booked during our visit. I can without hesitation say I will put the Lighthouse Inn at the top of my list for my hopeful return back to Tybee.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tyler S
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We absolutely loved our stay at this B&B. We stayed for 3 nights last week and found the Inn to be quiet and lovely. Very short walk to the beach and a wonderful beachfront cafe & bar nearby also. Just a block away from the lighthouse... perfect location, perfect beach. Our wonderful hosts rounded out a wonderful get-away.

Room Tip: Green room has shower only, blue room has both shower and tub :)
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rhonda1962
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We stayed for 3 nights and enjoyed a charming room, lovely breakfast and super easy access to the Tybee Lighthouse and less crowded North beach area. The Inn was originally part of the officers quarters of Fort Screven (1899 - 1945) and the owners have managed to retain the historical quality while including all the modern amenities. We were surprised and impressed at their easy nature and quiet way of welcoming island new-comers. We felt more like family than guests. I also found their activity recommendations to be right on target. We'll be back. Not a place for young children.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island
Tybee Island Inn
Tybee Island Inn
#4 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Lighthouse Inn? Share your experiences!