“NICE HOTEL, FRIENDLY PEOPLE, HELPFUL, NICE TOWN!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dunes Inn & Suites

Dunes Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Tybee Island
Milledgeville, Georgia
“NICE HOTEL, FRIENDLY PEOPLE, HELPFUL, NICE TOWN!”
Reviewed 26 March 2011

My husband and I with two family members stayed at the hotel on vacation after our (my husband and I ) wedding 3-26-2011. I had the pleasure of meeting a very nice person and employee Diane Brown. She is the picture of great customer service. I would stay here on every trip to Tybee. I am very pleased with the overall service from our experience at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 January 2011

We went to Tybee Island last minute with no room reserved for New Years Eve. We felt very lucky to find a room and I must say the lady who checked us in was wonderful. She allowed us to look at the room before paying and was so friendly even though the phone rang nonstop while she was checking us in. You can't ask for a better location, room had fridge and microwave and we paid less than most dinners cost in Savannah! Overall if you are on a budget or just needing a place to sleep this is it. No frills, but clean and friendly! Just what you expect in a beach town. And they have doughnuts and coffee to send you off!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 August 2010

As I was driving into Tybee late this afternoon from Savannah ominous storm clouds appeared and as I pulled into town a loud siren went off and everyone srarted running, shops closed their doors, and I thought the world was ending- or a tornado at the very least. It was a severe storm warning but apart from some rain and a bit of lightening it did not end up lasting long- but I didn't know that at the time. I literally pulled inthe the 1st hotel I saw to seek shelter for the night and landed at Dunes Inn. I got a queen room and it cost $89, which is highway robbery. This room is awful. The carpet is filthy, the two chairs' upolstery is filthy, there are no bedskirts or even mattress pads. There is a small pad under a bottom sheet that is unfitted and and no blanket. The bedspread seems pretty new but no idea how often it is washed. The AC is an old wall unit. The bathroom has peeling grout, an ancient stained tub and cracked tile that looks like it is from the 50's.The sink is so small I canot even fit my small water bottle under the tap to refill it. There is NO counter space to put any toiletries. A small tv is perched on a tiny bedside table facing bed and the window is very small as well.
Prisoners have better accomadations than this. I am in the annex behind the main hotel so maybe the rooms in the other building are better but I cannot imagine ANYONE liking this hotel or wanting to cone back here.

I spent the previous 2 nights at a nice Comfort Inn in Hilton Head SC a block from the beach for the same price in a much nicer room in a much more upscale neighborhood. Tybee is way overpriced for what it is. I had a great dinner and drinks out on the deck at the Sting Ray next door. Great place-good live music and very friendly service. I stayed there as long as possible before coming back to my cell.I will be out of here 1st thing in the am!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank lqguera

Travellers are raving about these Tybee Island hotels

newport
Reviewed 21 July 2010

Donna at the front desk was great...good sales woman. On our initial conversation I was told that there were two buildings...back one called the annex which was VERY small and front building which was bigger.Bathroom door wouldnt close shower leaked all night...not very clean.Hotel had inspection on day of check out and overheard inspector say that they had alot of issues... pool had major imbalance of chemicals and water wasnt clear enough to see drain.I think for what they charge they shouldnt have so many issues.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 June 2010

We stayed at Dunes Inn and Suites for 3 nights after having had a horrible experience
at a cottage near North Beach. The Inn is located just one long block from the beach
and there are little shops and restaurants within easy walking distance. Our air
conditioner was having issues and they repaired it once; then when it didn't work right
the second night, they replaced the whole unit. When we needed extra towels, they gave us an armful, no problem. The pool is huge and pretty clean considering the number of people who swim in it right after being at the beach Free parking, which saved us about $6-10 day; beach parking is $1.50 per hr. The breakfast was limited with cereal, milk, juice
and pastries and coffee; enough to tide us over for lunch. Much more affordable than other hotels along the strip (Butler St.) Also, we had a 3 year old boy with
us and the room was big enough for him to run around a little. Will definitely stay
there again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Judy S
Fort Bragg NC
Reviewed 25 May 2010

My daughter and I traveled 6 hrs to Tybee Island to meet my sister and surprise my mother for Mother's Day. Check in was friendly and our room had been upgraded to a kitchenette. Everything was clean, we had tile in our room instead of carpet which makes sense. Beach sand can ruin carpet. Like in every hotel I've ever stayed I kept my belongings under lock and key. The cleaning staff made sure our room was cleaned and trash taken out. For the price I thought we got a good deal. The beach was right across the street (two short blocks); local restaurants, shops, and convenience stores were within walking distance. Walmart, Target, McDonald's, and Applebees were within a 30 minute drive. Overall we enjoyed our stay at Dunes Inn.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank GAPeachinNC
Murphy
Reviewed 27 April 2010

My spouse and I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past 10 years and are always treated as if we are family. Benita and her staff go above and beyond the call of duty to make our stay enjoyable. We return here on a regular basis because everyone employed at The Dunes give us the best service you will find on the island

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island
Atlantis Inn
Atlantis Inn
#6 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Dunes Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!