“Room disgusting, location great, internet pics are hoax...”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Dunes Inn & Suites

Dunes Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Tybee Island
Atlanta, Georgia
“Room disgusting, location great, internet pics are hoax...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

Checked into this hotel on Saturday and was given room near the pool but the room was a smoking room they did not have non smoking available. This room had no carpet and the decor was old and gloomy looking, I honestly felt as if I was in a crack head motel, the room floor was filthy, the bathroom was severly disgusting soap scum still left in the soap holder....Great location for a last minute hotel, but save the time and move across the street to Ocean Plaza it's a little more but it's way worth it for the bucks...

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Lovely L
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
I am sincerely sorry if you were not more impressed with our facilities. We will be renovating our rooms and do so at least once every five years, so hopefully those updates will address many of your concerns. Of course, our front desk staff is always willing to work swiftly and courteously to keep our guests happy and I'm sure could have addressed many of these concerns as well if they were made aware. I do hope you'll afford us another opportunity to impress you; I know we can show you a great experience.

Sanjay Patel, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
-0-
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

Stayed here in May in the 2-bdrm "apartment". Floor, furniture was filty. Beds were nice, bathroom was nice. Stayed here for the benefit of a full kitchen but alas, no can opener, not a single pots/pans/spatulas even if you wanted to attempt cooking something. Floor was just filthy - had 2 kids running around in socks that were black with grime after just a few minutes. Checked in late and front desk lady was not helpful at all - lady there in the am's was nice. Breakfast=Tang, donuts, limited cereal&milk, apples. Okay location - cross the street to get to ocean.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank sarah114
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
I am very sorry if you were not more impressed with the rooms on your recent visit. The level of cleanliness you describe seems completely out of the norm for us and I assure you I will be passing your feedback along to our staff. We are also happy to provide kitchen utensils if you alert the front desk staff that you need them. I am sorry if you found the front desk staff anything less than welcoming and courteous and I will speak with my staff about that as well. I do hope you'll afford us another opportunity to impress you; I know we can show you a great vacation. --Sanjay Patel, General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Tybee Island hotels

Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

Hotel is across a 4 lane road, then through a hotel parking lot to the beach, not bad access, but not right on the beach. Price was good, and the furniture looked like it was fairly new. Pillows were really uncomfortable. Kitchenette was old and outdated. Service was excellent, everyone was very friendly, pool was large and clean. There were even fun pool toys in the pool (not sure if they belonged to the hotel or a guest but they were nice).

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank familyfunSeattle
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay on Tybee Island! We appreciate your feedback and will definitely take it into consideration moving forward. I also wanted to let you know that we will be doing some renovations soon which should address some of your concerns! We'd love to welcome you back again soon. --Sanjay Patel, General Manager
Oliver Springs, TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

We waited late (one week before) to make reservations and almost everything else in Tybee was taken (we needed three rooms). When we arrived, we asked to look at our three rooms. The clerk was very nice and took us to the rooms to look at. 106 is a king room with a tile floor and was pretty clean, The second room (room 212 or 213?) we looked at had been smoked in recently and the smell hit you as soon as you opened the door. The third room was 208 (I think) it seemed clean and didn't have any smokey smell. She offered to change us from the smokey room to a kitchenete with 2 double beds (room 204). It had definately been smoked in recently (even though marked as a non-smoking room), but the smell was mild enough to cover with some lysol. The room was pretty clean an the kitchen had a microwave, sink, fridge and some cabinets. We paid 169 per night per room. Only had a few minor problems. The fridge in 106 kept the floor wet all around it. The fridge in 208 didn't work at all. The shower curtain rod in 204 was barley hanging on by 2 of 4 screws and hung downward making it impossible to keep the shower curtain pulled to the end of the rod and the bathroom door would not lock.

Parking was an issue. They do not usually issue parking permits, so their lot gets some use by people coming to the beach for a day or for an event.and the guests have to try to find unm,arked parking spots on the grounds. We spend both evenings we stayed parked along a curb at the edge of the property. On Saturday, I overheard a coupl of other guests say that they heard that the motel was having a towing company come oput and tow some of the vehicles. Since I was parked at a curb and didn't have a motekl parking pass, I went to tht efroont desk to make sure I would not be towed. She then gave me a pice of paper to put in my window that had the hotel's name on it, but I still worried about getting towed. As far as I can tell, no towing ever got done, there were cars parked in every smidgeon of space available.

The location was not bad, it was basically a long block away from the beach and worked out fine for us.

Thefree wifi connection was reliable and fast.

Basically, I've paid as much or more before at the beach for places not as nice as this one, so I was pretty happy with it, since we got it at the last minute.
Anyway,

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Tybee! I wanted to let you know that we are planning some renovations for the coming months which should address some of your complaints. I do apologize about the parking situation; unfortunately we do have some guests that brings multiple vehicles which can make it difficult when we're at the height of the season. We'd love to welcome you back again soon!

Sanjay Patel, General Manager
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

We went for a weekend getaway with another couple. While waiting at the front desk one worker smashed a bug that was crawling on the floor and just left it there. One of the ladies at the front desk was complaining about the hotel phone ringing and looked very stressed out like she can not handle the job.When we got the key and walked into our friends room it was horrible. The room smelled horrible and was small and old. There was no way that I would pay $169 per night for this dump. We went back to the front desk and got our money back and went to jacksonville florida where we got an awesome room at the holiday inn express for a cheaper rate and the room was excellent. I will never go back to the dunes and would not recommend anybody to go there. I would not let my dog stay at this place. This place should be shut down!

• Stayed June 2011
4 Thank peacher48
Tallapoosa, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2011

We booked the dunes for a quick vacation with our kids thinking it was going to be just ok. but, we were surprised how nice it was. we had tile in our rooms which is smart for sandy feet. WE had an awesome little kitchen in our room.The service from the front desk was also great. Pool was good. plus, you are close to everything we walked alost everywhere. If you want a cheap room with great service book here.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lifeisgood0308
Vinings, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2011

The location of this hotel is very close (two blocks) to the tourist shops and beaches. The receptionists were fairly polite. We rented a one bedroom queen bed for two nights. These are in the annex building behind the main building. The room felt pretty cramped for two people but we only stayed there for sleeping and changing clothes. You would not want to "hang out" in these rooms. The furniture, bedding and tv were way outdated. They do have a mini-fridge and microwave in every room in case you need it. If you are staying in Tybee I would reccommend renting a beach house or condo if your there for three or more days.

Room Tip: Get a room with a King Bed or Doubles.