“Stay at your own peril”
Review of Dunes Inn & Suites

Dunes Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Tybee Island
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I was very dissapointed my reservations were messed up. The room was very old and smelled moldy and the price was too high for the service, instead of 130.00 it would have been fair to pay 30.00.

• Stayed: March 2011
4  Thank Anthony H
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

Anthony,

I am very sorry if you were disappointed in any way during your stay here. We are always willing to listen to our guests' feedback as it allows us to improve our service for others in the future. All of our rooms have been renovated within the last five years but I apologize if you were dissatisfied with any aspect of it. Our front desk staff is also happy to resolve any of our guests' complaints swiftly and courteously if you make them aware of any problems. I do hope you'll afford us the opportunity to change your opinion in the future; I know we can show you a great time.

Reviewed 13 September 2011

There is not much more to say: it is a motel that serves continental breakfast but charges hotel rates. We stayed during Labour day weekend, but still payed 170 USD/night. It is only the price that is a problem. If it cost ~60 USD, it would probably be rated 3-4. Many of the room items did not work, like refurgerator and outlets, but we did not use them and therefore did not see it as a problem.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank AlexJacobsen
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm sincerely sorry if you were anything but impressed with your recent stay with us. We are always willing to make things right for you if you ever encounter any problems; for instance, our front desk staff would have been happy to resolve your issues with the refrigerator or the outlets swiftly and courteously. I hope you'll afford us another opportunity to impress you; I know we can show you a great time.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel for the weekend and were not that impressed considering the price we paid. Although I will admit it is comparable - price wise, to all the other hotels on Tybee Island. The staff was friendly but the rooms were old and we thought this hotel was located right on the beach when it is actually several blocks from it. The swimming pool was clean and the kids enjoyed swimming in it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kbq
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm very sorry if you were not more impressed with our facilities; we actually update and renovate our rooms at least once every five years so we continually address that complaint. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed the pool and we'd love to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 24 August 2011

Tybee Island was beautiful but the room we had was really old and not well maintained at all! There was mold on the ceiling, holes in the bathroom walls and the knobs in the shower were all broken, oh and minimul hot water. We complained to the frontdesk and told we would be taken care of at checkout, but nothing not even an apology. Next visit, we will just go with a rental property for the amount we paid for this crappy room.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Dorian122

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for bringing your concerns to our attention. I'm sincerely sorry if you were not more impressed with our rooms. We actually renovate and update our rooms at least once every 5 years so your complaints will be addressed soon. I am very sorry to hear that the front desk was not more helpful; that was a failing on our part and for that I apologize. I do hope you'll afford us another opportunity to show you a great time; I know we can impress you more.

Reviewed 22 August 2011

Checked into this hotel on Saturday and was given room near the pool but the room was a smoking room they did not have non smoking available. This room had no carpet and the decor was old and gloomy looking, I honestly felt as if I was in a crack head motel, the room floor was filthy, the bathroom was severly disgusting soap scum still left in the soap holder....Great location for a last minute hotel, but save the time and move across the street to Ocean Plaza it's a little more but it's way worth it for the bucks...

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lovely L
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

I am sincerely sorry if you were not more impressed with our facilities. We will be renovating our rooms and do so at least once every five years, so hopefully those updates will address many of your concerns. Of course, our front desk staff is always willing to work swiftly and courteously to keep our guests happy and I'm sure could have addressed many of these concerns as well if they were made aware. I do hope you'll afford us another opportunity to impress you; I know we can show you a great experience.

Reviewed 21 August 2011

Stayed here in May in the 2-bdrm "apartment". Floor, furniture was filty. Beds were nice, bathroom was nice. Stayed here for the benefit of a full kitchen but alas, no can opener, not a single pots/pans/spatulas even if you wanted to attempt cooking something. Floor was just filthy - had 2 kids running around in socks that were black with grime after just a few minutes. Checked in late and front desk lady was not helpful at all - lady there in the am's was nice. Breakfast=Tang, donuts, limited cereal&milk, apples. Okay location - cross the street to get to ocean.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank sarah114
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

I am very sorry if you were not more impressed with the rooms on your recent visit. The level of cleanliness you describe seems completely out of the norm for us and I assure you I will be passing your feedback along to our staff. We are also happy to provide kitchen utensils if you alert the front desk staff that you need them. I am sorry if you found the front desk staff anything less than welcoming and courteous and I will speak with my staff about that as well. I do hope you'll afford us another opportunity to impress you; I know we can show you a great vacation. --Sanjay Patel, General Manager

Reviewed 11 August 2011

Hotel is across a 4 lane road, then through a hotel parking lot to the beach, not bad access, but not right on the beach. Price was good, and the furniture looked like it was fairly new. Pillows were really uncomfortable. Kitchenette was old and outdated. Service was excellent, everyone was very friendly, pool was large and clean. There were even fun pool toys in the pool (not sure if they belonged to the hotel or a guest but they were nice).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank familyfunSeattle
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay on Tybee Island! We appreciate your feedback and will definitely take it into consideration moving forward. I also wanted to let you know that we will be doing some renovations soon which should address some of your concerns! We'd love to welcome you back again soon. --Sanjay Patel, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tybee Island
#10 of 28 in Hilton Head
Hotel Tybee
Hotel Tybee
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Dunes Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!