“from my worst hotel experience ever...to one of my best!!”
Review of Dunes Inn & Suites

Dunes Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Tybee Island
Reviewed 14 April 2014

After having a nightmare experience at a hotel across the street I just happened to walk into the Dunes Inn in hopes of salvaging the rest of my stay on Tybee. The island was pretty much booked up due to spring break week but we lucked out and got a room for the last three nights of our stay. Joy, the super nice lady at the front desk took care of our every need. The room was very clean, beds were comfortable and room looked to be recently updated with attractive modern décor. We ate breakfast elsewhere but would have been satisfied with the complimentary breakfast provided. I have been to Tybee for business and pleasure probably a hundred times in the last fifteen years but never thought to check out the Dunes...shame on me for not finding this place sooner!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

We're so glad you found us! It's so great to know that you enjoyed your stay, and I hope we'll have many more chance to welcome you back, Darrell. Until then, thanks for the wonderful review!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

The price of the room was very reasonable and the people at the reception are incredibly nice. It's takes less than 5 minutes walk to the beach and right next to some great seafood restaurants. I would come here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dizzyhead86
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

You just can't get any closer to the shore! Glad to hear that you loved every minute of your stay with us, and we'd love to welcome you back again soon. Until then, thanks for the fantastic review!

Regards,

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I wanted to take our four year old son to the ocean for the first time on our way to Disney World. We found this place online and booked. It was clean and comfortable! We even decided to stay an extra night. Continental breakfast was great on a quick on the go. Yogurt, cereal, pastries. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Kara S
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

So glad you enjoyed your stay, Kara! Thanks for making us a part of your family vacation, and for the fantastic review. We'd love to welcome you back again next year! :)

Reviewed 24 March 2014

The family and I spent St Paddy's Day weekend at Tybee Island. Went to the beach watched the parade and visited a few resturants. The central location of the Dunes Inn ans Suites made visiting the nice little island community that much more enjoyable. The Dunes has a home town feel and the staff, especially the receptionist Joy, made us feel welcome and saw to our every need.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thanks for spending St. Paddy's with us! We really appreciate your kind words, Bryan, and we know Joy will, too. Thanks again, and we hope to welcome you back next year!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Family trip for St. Patrick's weekend for my husband, two teenagers, and myself. This was by far the best deal economically for such a popular weekend in the Savannah area. We were extremely impressed with the fact that the entire establishment was very, very clean. They have done a great job with upkeep. The staff is great! Joy at the front desk always wore a smile and was very friendly and knowlegable. The location was great - we were able to watch the parade from the sidewalk right in front of the hotel. Great experience and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Glad you were in town for that parade, Brandy, and that you loved every minute of your stay. Thanks for making us a part of your St. Paddy's celebration, and keep us in mind for next year—or sooner! After all, you can't beat summertime on the Island!

Cheers,

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Surprise Birthday trip from my husband Luther we were there from March 18th - 22nd our
room was very clean - pet friendly - very acomadating to our every need, it is just a short walk across the road and your on the beach the Ocean is a beautiful place !!
We will go back.
There prices are very resinabul...
Please forgive any miss spelling lol
Go and have a wonderful time.. :-)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

A wonderful time, indeed! So glad you and Luther enjoyed your trip, Betty. Thanks for celebrating with us, and keep us in mind for next year—or sooner!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

If I had to vacation again on Tybee Island, I would definitely be going back to Dunes Inn & Suites. My boyfriend and I spent two nights here. The staff is pleasant, Joy assisted us with check in and she is a darling. She will pretty knows were all the good things to do are. I was impressed with the location of the hotel to the beach 3 MINUTES walk and you can keep your car at the hotel so you don't have to pay for parking. Tybee Island is a pay to park Island so be aware of this. One hour of paid parking is $2 : (, but we didn't pay to park often just because most of the places to eat are right there withing 3-6 minutes walking. I really enjoyed eating at Sting Rays and definitely The Crab Shack. My only negative things to say about this experience is I wish the lights in our were all working, there was less noise from construction, and that our pillows didn't have hair on them but that was quickly addressed once i spoke to the house keeping lady. These things were not a deal breaker for me because the room was a very nice size, the price for the location, and it had a kitchenette

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sanjay P, General Manager at Dunes Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

It's upsetting that you had mixed feelings about your visit, Nandy, but we really appreciate your feedback. The lights and our tidiness can definitely be addressed, but unfortunately we are unable to affect the parking situation and our construction. We're hoping that it's over soon, and we also hope that you'll give us another chance to impress you next time you need to get away. After all, you can't beat this beautiful beach!

Thanks again,

#10 of 28 in Hilton Head
Hotel Tybee
Hotel Tybee
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Dunes Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!