“If your tired of overpriced fried food then you'll like this place”

Marlin Monroe's Surfside Grill
Ranked #28 of 55 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast
Jacksonville, Florida
“If your tired of overpriced fried food then you'll like this place”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

The ahi tuna tostada was fresh and the crab quesadilla was awesome. I have never had to wait for a seat and the servers are always friendly and accommodating. The prices are resonable and the quality is one of the best on the island.

1 Thank Chris F

Sikeston, Missouri
“Convenient but pricey”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

While staying in Beachside Colony, we chose to eat at Marlin Monroe's (it was raining and just steps from our condo). We ate indoors due to the weather. We were seated next to a fan/ AC unit that was continually blowing on me. The waiter did move the unit when I requested, but I was still cold throughout the meal.
The waiter was respectful of our son's food allergies as he double-checked with the chef regarding the safety of his dinner choice. He was also great about checking on us without bothering us too much during our meal.
The meal was good, but the price was outrageous for what we ordered. I would recommend, but watch for the high prices.

Chicago, Illinois
“Horrible Service, Mediocre Food”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We walked into this restaurant, which had a "wait to be seated" sign, but no on was attending to us. We tried sitting at the bar. The restaurant was NOT busy and the bartender just kept walking back and forth past us, not even looking in our direction and blatantly ignoring us. So, after 5 minutes, I grabbed a server and asked them to sit us at a table. She was none to thrilled about this, but reluctantly told us to sit "wherever." The menu was pricey and my friend and I weren't terribly hungry as we were hot and we'd been on the beach all morning and afternoon, so we just split chicken fingers. The server dropped them off, and just left. She didn't give us plates to share the meal with and they were just in a basket. She never came back to see how everything was. After about 5 minutes I had to grab a busboy because I didn't like the sauce that was served with the meal and I wanted something else. She finally comes back when we were done just to drop off the check. Also, the bathrooms were GROSS. There was a busted door and the faucet fell off when I washed my hands. I would NOT recommend this place. The food was nothing to write home about and the service was atrocious.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Karrie_625
St. Louis, MO
“Great Waitress, Wonderful Seaside View”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We came here to celebrate our daughter's 32nd birthday, and what a great place to do just that. Our waitress was Katrina, and she was courteous, attentive, and even brought a cute chocolate lava cake with a sparkler in it to celebrate the birthday. Plenty of snow crab legs for the price, the crab quesadillas were excellent, and the Margarita Shrimp were different and delicious. There were some members of our party who do not eat seafood, and the huge Slaw Dog was a nice alternative, as well as the Steak Sandwich for another choice. To add a Southern finishing touch to the meal I would suggest the Bourbon Pecan Pie. Wonderful view of the ocean from just about any table in the restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank ThomasTCat
Pekin, Illinois
“Menu with variety and a view too!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Perfect evening to sit outside and enjoy the beach view at dusk, and then watch the stars pop out. The table of about 10 next to us was doing a painting class so that was fun to watch. We ordered the flower pot bread with dipping sauce, ribs, and fish tacos. They were all tasty.

• Visited June 2014