“Great food... Long wait, but they warned.”

Tybee Island Social Club
Ranked #21 of 57 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Price range: US$10 - US$24
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

They have a sign when you walk in that says the food could take an hour. That's about right. It was worth the wait. Shrimp and grits are great. Fish tacos were very good... A little on the small side, but if I pretend I'm anywhere outside the US, they were just right. Had the blood orange sangria... still trying to decide. Not like any others I've had... Champagne based... unexpected, but maybe right for the beach.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

So... Everywhere on Tybee Island is essentially serving up the same food. It might vary in quality, taste, and price, but more often than not you're surfing through an array of the same ole fried shrimp, fish, maybe the occasional oyster, etc trying to find some variety. We personally don't get into the fried food so on our third night we were over peel n eat shrimp and salad (basically the healthiest option at most island restaurants). We found Social Club on a whim and stopped in for drinks and dessert. I had a jalepeño margarita and Mexican chocolate pie. Yum! Perfectly spicy. Both were great so we vowed to have dinner there the next night.

They serve a variety of Tex mex inspired dishes as well as some classic foods with a little flair. We had guacamole and chips to start, an avocado salad that was amazing, and the orange pork taco. The flavor combos are just so crisp and fresh and leave you satisfied without being weighed down by grease!

Not only does the Social Club have something different to offer in terms of menu items, but the atmosphere and experience are equally as unique. It seems like a place where youngish locals hang out which benefitted us because we were able to get some tips on renting paddle boards. (FYI- AJ's dockside is the way to go!)

We enjoyed ourselves both times and experience great service. If we ever go back to Tybee, we will definitely go back to Social Club!

Our only complaint was there was no lavender cheesecake either night and we were really looking forward to trying it :(

1  Thank Wilcox29
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Our first night on Tybee Island was a culinary hit! We walked to the Social Club from 2nd street, which is only .8 mile, so avoid the parking hassle and just walk. It was easy.
Our waitress, Suzanne, couldn't have been better. She was friendly and helpful, but laid back at the same time. I appreciated that. She made recommendations, and they were good! We started with cocktails: I had the Bloody Mary, which had a bunch of cilantro, bacon, olives and pickled okra. Hubby had the jalapeño margarita. Both were awesome. Then I ordered the Biggie Smalls with fish, and he had the social burger. We are both stuffed to the gills and delighted. I think we'll be back on this trip, because there were so many other things I wanted to try. Bravo!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Nice beer and wine selection. We had shrimp ceviche and great appetizers and another entree (I forget exactly what). Perfect date night.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Just found our new favorite restaurant on Tybee. We had heard a lot of great things about The Social Club before our trip. I'm so glad we tried it. Loved the peel and eat shrimp, but by far the favorite was the "bacon hugged braised greens" and the side of black beans. Service was great and the manager was very friendly. We will definitely visit again on our next trip.

1  Thank Faye B