“OMG the coconut shrimp!”
Review of Rock House

Rock House
Ranked #15 of 55 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Yucca Valley, California
“OMG the coconut shrimp!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have read some of the reviews on the restaurant and I totally disagree with any negatives! We were here in late May and had an exceptional dining experience. The coconut shrimp was some of the best I have ever had. And the Shark fish and chips? Oh yeah, I would eat those again and again. I was told they have a great new chef from I think Venice, CA (?). Everything we ate that days was perfect. It was early in the day and the place was not crowded so we totally enjoyed the experience. We didn't come in for the bar or the music, so I can't rate those 2, but the food was good. Thank you, Rock House.

• Visited May 2014

Williston, Florida
“I wasn't impressed”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Three of my friends and I ventured in here around 10 p.m. on a Saturday night looking for drinks, music and fun. There was no cover charge, which was nice.
We found a table, a server came to us and said she'd be right back. Didn't happen. Just as we were getting ready to approach the bar to get our own drinks, another server came over and took our order. Ten minutes later we had our drinks, then the first server came back and looked appalled that we'd already been served.
The music--at that time not live but electronica--was very loud. We waited for the live band, but it didn't materialize in an hour and we left. We can listen to our iPods by the pool with the same effect.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Caro1717
JNavon, Owner at Rock House, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
I'm very sorry about the service and would like a chance to make it up to you if you visit us again. We change over from a full service restaurant at 10:00pm and the server/cocktail waitress must have missed over you and for that I am sorry. We have some sort of live music almost everyday, and if we don',t we have karaoke or a live DJ. On this Saturday we had an acoustic guitarist perform from 5-9 sorry that you missed him (Sam Adams) is Great. Karaoke starts at 9 7 days a week in our lounge area and ourDJhits the stage around 10:30. Once again I hope to see you in the future and thanks for coming by!
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Not What We Needed”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Way over-priced for the food received. Turns into a 21 and up bar at 10 pm on Saturday, so not a place to eat when you get to the beach. Very pricey for the food. Would not go again.

Visited June 2014
JNavon, Owner at Rock House, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
I am very sorry you think the prices are over priced I would like to know what items you had so I can better respond to your thinking of the food being overpriced. I think the Rock House is a great place to come when you come to the beach as we are a full service restaurant till 10:00 pm and turn into a night club after 10:00 Im sorry that you arrived at the beach at 10:00 pm and we were not family friendly at that time. We hand make most of our sauces including ranch, cilantro cream, ancho chili, Carolina mustard, and many more. We also use fresh seafood including shark that comes in and we filet it ourselves and alligator that we filet! Our batter is also made with a recipe that won many awards.. Also our burger patties are hand made and we use a santa maria style seasoning to season them with. Our menu was created by our California chef with 3 culinary degrees. Like I said we are a full service restaurant with more than qualified personal that take pride in their work and love to be here. Im so sorry the price is not what you think it should have been!
“Great burger, poor service”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Went here with the family and got sat quickly. Unfortunately the table was dirty and wet and the floor seemed pretty gross also. The live music was not impressive, but it seemed like some folks were enjoying it. The service we received was very bad. I think our server completely forgot about us. We actually had to enlist the help of another server to take care of us. Our server only came by a couple times. The poor service really killed the dining experience because the food we received was actually very good! The burger I received was phenomenal! However, next time I will order it to-go. I would recommend this place to someone who wants to come and drink, rather than bring the family to eat.

1 Thank ChiefWah00
JNavon, Owner at Rock House, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for the kind words about our food. I am terribly sorry about the service you received and im going to keep training my staff to better serve my customers. There is no excuse for bad service and I would like to make it up to you if you could send me your email address I would love to send you a personal invite back and would love for you to have dinner on me! My Wife and I would love for the opportunity to take care of you personally!
Savannah, Georgia
“Great Live Music”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Great live music. Great location right next to the beach. Just bar food but you go there for the great live music.

• Visited June 2014
JNavon, Owner at Rock House, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for the Kind words and im super stoked you had a great time!