Admiral's Inn(Tybee Island)
Atlantis Inn(Tybee Island)
US$143
US$136
  • Breakfast included
Sea & Breeze Hotel(Tybee Island)
US$164
US$189
Sky Suites(Tybee Island)
Free cancellation until 23/07
US$136
Dunes Inn & Suites(Tybee Island)
US$157
US$137
Tybee Island Inn(Tybee Island)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$270
Desoto Beach Hotel(Tybee Island)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$310
US$294
Hotels.com
The Georgianne Inn(Tybee Island)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$282
All reviewsocean viewocean plazalove hotelunder new ownershipfourth floorroom was cleanwithin walking distancerestaurants and barslate checkgreat beachcleaning staffgreat roomparking passthe breakfast clubmini fridgeeasy access to the beachbeachfront hotel
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our Beta Club stayed at Hotel Tybee prior to attending the National Beta Convention. Curry Epley handled the reservations and was exceptional. They sent an email with suggested things to do on the island and a list of restaurants close to the hotel. Sunrise Restaurant has a delicious breakfast buffet and very reasonably priced. The hotel was quick to address any issues. We were hoping for an early check in but that didn't happen. Our rooms were available after 4:00 pm. We enjoyed the beach while we waited..

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank avritt
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had an ocean view room, and I loved the renovations and décor of the interior of the Hotel. Perfect Get-Away from Atlanta! I would recommend it to any family & friends travel, as you are across the street from the beach, and central to some good restaurants and downtown Tybee.

Room Tip: higher floor, oceanview a must
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank biene642018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hard to describe, let alone imagine, the level of FAIL the Hotel Tybee exhibited on our attempted stay on 6/ 11, but I'll try...

My wife and I are on a long awaited trip to the South East. Charleston and Savannah are on the agenda. After the first two nights I made an error in hotel bookings and we had to find accommodations for one night. I suggested we start towards Savannah.

My wife wanted to stay on the beach so I suggested Tybee as it is close to Savannah. She googled the area and based upon reviews she landed on the Hotel Tybee. Good reviews and great location. Looked to be a solid choice.

So I called to make a reservation, THREE times. Each time I was politely told the front desk was busy and asked to leave my number for a callback in 20 to 30 minutes. I chose to call back later. On the third and final call they suggested I book online. Which my wife did through Booking.com.

When we arrived it took me a moment to determine where the front desk is located. PRO-Tip Look for the seperate building with all the cars lined up in front. Yep, no parking because there were 7 cars parked in front. I did the best I could to find a spot and left my wife in the car to brave the visible line at the front desk. 6 people deep as the 2 front desk agents did their best to handle the workload. LOL.

So I waited 25 minutes to check-in. I do have to commend both front desk agents for exhibiting Godlike patience.

Things I noticed while I was waiting in line.

1.The Front lobby was gross. The floors needed to be swept and cleaned.
2. Maintenance staff showed up multiple times to give and get direction from the front desk. They hung around and complained in front of guests.
3. No management anywhere.
4. The two front desk staff members seemed to be the only admin staff for the whole hotel. While I was in line for the 25 minutes they answered maintenance calls , AC issues x 2, and lock issues x 1. Housekeeping calls, Linen request x 3, and room cleaning x 2. Outside calls, 4 reservation requests and one for directions.

Once I finally reached the front desk I was promptly assigned a room and issued keys. Hooray!

My wife and I pressed on to our room and what greeted us was the images below. We stopped looked at eachother and broke out laughing. The we took pictures of course...

Back to the car and back to front desk. Another 15 minutes in line to find out the hotel was overbooked. The conversation between other guests and the front desk staff told me this long before It was my turn...

I inquired about a general manager, but I was informed they were off property and not available. Not surprised.

Oh and did I mention I had to call the Credit Card company to get my money back?

Room Tip: Stay Elsewhere
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Hotel Tybee, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

We really appreciate you vacationing on Tybee Island and staying at Hotel Tybee. On behalf of my entire team, I personally apologize for your experience. The room you were issued a key to was out of order for repair. There had been a leak in the bathroom sink that wet the carpet closest to the bathroom and under the bed. The maintenance team had made the plumbing repair, extracted/dried the carpet, and the room needed to be put back together to receive housekeeping service. A miscommunication between departments that the room was "done" was interpreted as "ready to rent". It was an honest mistake. Please know that we genuinely care about all our guests and learn from these mistakes. My team does everything possible to prevent similar situations from ever reoccurring. I am so sorry for the inconvenience and your entire experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Hotel Tybee was once called ocean plaza where we had stayed a couple times. Since then, it has changed owners and we were assured things were much better. Well, to their credit, some things were better such as the rooms looked better and the roaches were gone, however, for the price, I expected things to be cleaner and actually work. Coffee maker was nasty, bathtub knob took 2 hands to operate and the bathroom door would not latch. Had to call front desk to get clean towels because privacy sign was on door less than 5 min and housekeeping doesn't bother checking back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and for you taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am sorry we didn't exceed your expectations. We have worked VERY hard since purchasing Hotel Tybee to turn things around. Most recently we upgraded all 208 guest bathrooms with new tiled floors, freestanding vanities, tubs and tub surrounds. My team and I continue making improvements on a daily basis. Sometimes they are small "chipping away" at it improvements and other days they are significant. We've only owned Hotel Tybee for three years and have made a tremendous amount of progress. Below is the growing list of our accomplishments:

- New guestroom furniture
- New guestroom lighting
- New sling style pool furniture
- All 208 guestrooms were painted a relaxing "sand and sea" scheme
- New air conditioners
- New luxurious all-white bedding
- New over-sized flat screen televisions
- New bathroom mirrors and lighting
- New full-length mirrors
- New drapery
- New soft seating and desk chairs
- New roofs
- New high speed internet access
- New boilers and hot water storage
- New corridors
- New exterior painting and design
- New curved shower rods and shower curtains
- New name and signage for the hotel
- New top of the line Serta mattresses
- New pool liners and beautiful paver pool deck

As I mentioned, we will continue making more enhancements/improvements. We fully recognize that there are always opportunities for improvement. My team and I can and will do better. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Thank you again for staying at Hotel Tybee.

Wishing you nothing, but the very best...safe travels!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had my doubts when I booked the place due to some bad reviews but the whole hotel seems to have been completely remodeled since then. Clean rooms, everything worked . They are about 10o yards from the beach and you can clearly see it from the 3rd and 4th floor. They served breakfast on the weekend . It was buffet style and real good . They do charge for breakfast. Also 2 pools are onsite, one of which does have a outdoor bar. Excellent drinks . Highly recommend

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank Ples R

We really appreciate you staying with us and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Tybee Island is an ideal location to bring an entire family for vacation. Riding bikes, renting a golf cart, long walks on the beach, fishing, dolphin tours, climbing the lighthouse, exploring a fort, kayaking, flying a kite, paddle-boarding, etc are just a few of my highly recommended activities. Thankfully...we do not have arcades, putt putt golf or other forms of "entertainment" where you can bring children. Our entertainment includes outdoor activity and creating memories that will last a lifetime.

Please be sure to like us on Facebook and join our 33,000+ Hotel Tybee fans. We have a very fun and interactive page that regularly offers contests to win complimentary visits. Don't forget to enter your best Tybee Island vacation images into our photo contest. When booking your next visit, please book online and remember that we offer a best rate guarantee on the hotel's independent website.

I'll look forward to your next visit and sharing all our progress with you. Thanks again for staying at Hotel Tybee!

Until next time...safe travels!