“Nice Stay!”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Tybee Island
Roswell, Georgia
“Nice Stay!”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Tybee Island is a small island with only a few hotels to stay unless you rent a house or condo.
I have stayed at most of the hotels on the island and I do believe The Sea Breeze is my favorite.
It is directly in front of the pier and walking distance to restaurants, bars and local shops.
The staff was very friendly and helpful and the room was clean and decorated very tastefully for a beach front hotel. Beds are very comfy!
If you are looking for a good place to stay at an affordable price this is the place!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank BobbyD66

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
St. Augustine,Fla.
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We arrived mid afternoon and were told we could check in earlier so that was a plus.The outside of the hotel is a bit strange and looks to be in various stages of renovation,especially the elevator which looks like it is right out of the 70's and not in a good way.We were given a room directly in front of the elevator chute on the 3rd level so be sure to request a room away from there if you want quiet.We were pleasantly surprised by the new decor of the room and the bed was really nice and comfortable too but there were some negatives.The tile floor in the shower was discusting,very dirty with soap scum and the glass wall had not been cleaned in awhile.There were no plastic glasses in the room and they need a second nightstand beside the bed.All the pictures of room online had nice decor on the walls but our room had nothing in the way of wall furnishings.The best thing about this hotel is it's location,close to lots of restaurants and bars and little shops.They also need to put clocks in all the rooms and some thicker towels.Overall it was a nice place that just needs to work out some of the kinks.We did not appreciate the group of drunk women (and I use the term lightly) screaming and carrying on out by the pool very very late,the office personal should have done something about it.Not quite the quiet little beach retreat you dream of when you book at this hotel.We might stay here again if they could correct the problems I mentioned.The town of Tybee Island itself is awesome,we loved our weekend trip!

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room as far away from the elevator as possible,and ask for a king size bed.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SmokyGirl32145
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Sea and Breeze motel in Tybee Island, Ga for 7 nights. The number was missing on the outside of the door and the door handle was loose. It looked like a swift kick would knock it down. There was no sink in the bathroom. I guess you were expected to use the sink in the kitchenette for everything including brushing your teeth and shaving. That is just gross. There was no mirror in the bathroom either and the mirror above the kitchenette sink was far away and there was no light above it. There was no table in the room just a small bar height counter with 2 stools one of which was broken. It was difficult to play a game with friends. The bed was hard and uncomfortable. The last night we were there was their Mardi Gras Celebration and people were outside the room screaming and laughing until 3 am. This motel is located on the south end of the island right by the pier and several stores and restaurants. Staff was eager to help when needed but the place is in need of major rehab!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank luvtotravel3344

Travellers are raving about these Tybee Island hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 February 2012

This was my first time visiting the Sea & Breeze and I must stay it was a pleasant surprise. The hotel manger Leonard Massey was awesome. Upon arrival Leonard walked up to the room to make sure everything was in perfect condition. We arrived a little late and he stayed until we arrived. The room was very clean and smelled very fresh. I enjoyed the setup of the room leaving space to move around. The room was very modern and had such a warm fill. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and the plus of it is it's right on the beach!!!! Thanks for a wonderful stay I will return!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Nitra R
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 17 October 2011

My Partner and I stayed 10/13/2011-10/16/2011 and was very pleasently surprised by the amazing customer service of the staff! We werent able to arrive until midnight our very first night but the night manager was there when we got there without having to call him! Check in was easy and very fast! Unfortunately we had a family emergency and had to check out 1 night early :-( BUT the manager was more than happy to give me a one night refund because we checked out before check out on that day! I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends and family! It is so close to the beach and shopping is right across the street! Thanks again Sea & Breeze for you great accomidations!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jesse W
Hiram, Georgia USA
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I stayed at Sea & Breeze on Sept 21 & 22,2011 with a friend and as always it was great! I have been staying here for 20+years and I have never been dissapointed. Its close to everything and I never need to drive unless I just want to. Staff is always eager to help anyway they can. I will continue to stay here. Beverly Shelton rm# 112

Room Tip: Each room has its own flavor, its fun.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 1 October 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Sea and Breeze hotel and was suprised how excellent the level of service was and the decor of the rooms! Upon arriving, the general manager Leonard Massey recognized that my wife was pregnant and put us in a room where she felt very comfortable with the pillow top bed and amount of pillows on bed. The room was wonderfully decorated and really added to the setting of Tybee Island. It is right next to everything we needed. Leonard and his staff gave us plenty to do on Tybee and great seafood spots to choose from. We greatly enjoyed our weekend at the Sea & Breeze hotel and will be returning every year!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Victor898
DSiddel, General Manager at Sea & Breeze Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2011
Thank you so much for your gracious review. It is always great to here from our guest, so that we can assess our service culture and make improvements. It was a pleasure having you stay with us, and we look forward to having you back as a guest.

Leonard Massey
#22 of 28 in Hilton Head
Hotel Tybee
Hotel Tybee
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Sea & Breeze Hotel? Share your experiences!