Sea & Breeze Hotel
Sky Suites(Tybee Island)
US$73
US$68
Hotel Tybee(Tybee Island)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$162
Dunes Inn & Suites(Tybee Island)
US$119
US$114
Admiral's Inn(Tybee Island)
US$141
US$125
Sandcastle Inn(Tybee Island)
US$183
US$178
Desoto Beach Hotel(Tybee Island)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$144
Agoda.com
Marriott's Monarch at Sea Pines(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
US$389
Royal Palm Motel(Tybee Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
Marriott's Heritage Club(Hilton Head)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I wish I could say a lot of good things about this place, but unfortunately I can't. I'm an experienced traveler–at home and abroad–and this was one of the worst experiences I've had in recent memory.
My daughter was getting married on the island and family was coming from four states and at least 10 different cities. Our rooms were booked in March. Because of the season, we knew things would be difficult but not to the degree we experienced.
First, the hotel only allows one parking place per room. One. All others must seek public parking, which runs $2 an hour from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. There is limited public parking available. My son and his girlfriend, who were staying off the island, had to park 3/4 of a mile away and walk to the hotel. They missed a brunch while looking for parking. One of the people in my room had parked behind the hotel, and learned that was a space reserved for the condos behind it. The owner of the condo was sympathetic and said she could park there for two days. However, three hours later hotel maintenance called and said the car was going to be towed if it wasn't moved since the space belonged to the condo. When we told them we had the owner's permission, they said it didn't matter. So my roommate drove around the island for over 20 minutes looking for a parking spot–all two hours before the wedding. It was ridiculous. Many in our party experienced similar things. And after spending a fortunate on lackluster rooms, we didn't like going broke paying for parking.
The room was clean BUT there were nails hanging out of the wall where decor was or should have been--lots of nails, no photos and one solitary starfish hanging above the bed.
I was in two other guests' rooms and ours was by far the worst. Tiny, cramped, no decor, no clock and only two towels....
The room beside us (and yes, we paid the same rate) was bigger, had lovely furnishings and decor but the bathroom was a disaster.
The A/C was temperamental and didn't work most of the time. We melted as we got ready for the wedding.
It took a while to check in...I waited 10 minutes for someone to come to the desk when I checked out and when I left she thanked me, calling me Mrs. Mudd--that is not my name.
The pool area was nice and clean but customer service, the decrepit state of the rooms I saw and the hideous parking made this place somewhere I don't want to visit again–even if it is a half block from the beach and beside Wet Willie's.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Caro1717
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We knew going in that there was a good chance we wouldn't be happy based on previous reviews. We weren't. We paid $140/night for a double room. Check-in was fine, no problem there. And yes the parking is very tight. The smoke detector in the room had been ripped out of the wall with the wires hanging from it. Housekeeping had to be aware that it had been removed yet they sold the room. Several knobs were missing from the furniture drawers. A black buildup of dust was along the bottom of the headboards. What looked like blood stains were on 3 of the 4 white pillowcases which we covered with tee-shirts to sleep on. I wasn't able to post pictures that I took, problem with camera. The shams of the other two pillows were stained and dirty. One of the six decorative starfish hung over the beds was missing, the nails that held it up were still in the wall. I called the front desk to report the ripped out smoke detector and was told we wouldn't be charged for it, there was no concern of the safety issue. Upon checkout the next morning we again told the manager of these concerns and were told he'd look into them. No apology, no adjustment. This property and the others on the island had no vacancies for Saturday night. As long as they sell the rooms, I doubt they will take steps to improve which is a shame considering the potential of this large property. We stayed for just one night and survived, but I'd hesitate about going there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Pittsburgh12
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed here May 25 - 29, 2014. I thought it was a hotel (like the Hampton Inn) but this is more of a motel. The picture of the lobby is misleading. It is a regular motel lobby painted blue with a freezer holding bags of ice for sale ($2), coffee and a stand with pamplets of local attractions. Front desk staff is friendly and will answer any questions. The office is visable so not sure why some found it hard to find. It is right on Tybrisa with a neon "OPEN" sign. The room was simple, clean (except for the armchair that was dusty from sand) & the beds were comfortable. You have to make up your own bed(s) but they will give you clean towels daily. The cleaning staff is friendly and always around to give you any toiletries you requested. My only complaint is that there is no iron so bring your own. The entrance to the beach is about 50 steps from the office (lobby). It is not a 5 minute walk more like 2 minutes. I was right across from the pool but never went in because the ocean was a few feet away so unable to give a review about that area. Finding a place to eat is no problem, you are surrounded by restaurants and bars. I will definitely stay here again.

Sidebar: If you are flying into Savannah, go to the information desk at the airport and if you are lucky, you will meet Ms. Pamela. She is very friendly, funny and will provide you with information to make your trip fun. Also, airport transportation cab driver Rick Waters is the man to see if you need a cab driver to take you around. He was a God send when we couldn't get a cab out of Tybee (good thing he gave a business card). He was very informative about Savannah and Tybee. A cab to Tybee is $55 for the first person, $5 each additional person.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BrooklynMinkie
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was our first trip to Tybee. I sure expected a lot more for what we paid. Floors were tile and dirty. Pool clean, but hours not enforced. Noise was terrible after 10pm. Parking is a joke. No room.

Room Tip: Value will not be our reason for a return trip. We have stayed in places for half the cost with higher quality accommodations. Parking designed for sub-compact autos. Leave your trucks and suburbans at home.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank James P
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed this motel because it was incredibly close to the beach. The other guests a bit on the younger side and/or families. I was happy to trade room service for 1 minute walk to the beach. Staff was friendly parking not bad and pool was clean.

Stayed: May 2014