“Don't stay here!!”

Sea & Breeze Hotel
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Tybee Island
“Don't stay here!!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

First day there had to ask for new comforters due to what looked like spaghetti on the ones on the beds. The bathroom needs to be painted and fixed. The bathtub didn't drain. Maid service was nonexistent! Even when asked they didn't do anything! Won't be going back after our week there!

5 Thank smevans8696

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I rented this room for my girlfriend and myself for a week vacation through the T.A.N. Network and we were actually warned off of this location by the travel agent. We kinda scoffed at that as we are simple people with simple needs and had some idea of what to expect; however, it was far worse than I had expected.

Looks like someone ( the police maybe) smashed through the door to our room (218) although you wouldn't know it was that number as the 2 was missing and the number did not match any of the other type on other rooms. There were portholes poorly fitted into all the doors, some of which were cracked, and I could see the cardboard inside the door itself.

Also the window was extremely dirty (apparently used to have some kind of privacy film over it) how hard is it to scrape it with a razor blade? I tried to use glass cleaner to little effect although I could tell I was the first to try.

The bathroom was fairly clean except for the tub which spewed black mold when I turned the jets on.

Sand is a real problem in this hotel as it has a tile floor in all the rooms (for cleanliness they claim although they don't know the meaning of the word) we eventually were wiping our feet on the abysmal hotel towels before getting into the bed.

The bed had sub par sheets,a dingy comforter, and only 2 pillows so I was thankful we had brought our own sheets and pillows.

Provided with the room was a cool (not cold) overly frosted refrigerator, a microwave, a coffee maker, a toaster with no bottom that left crumbs all over the counter, a dish drainer, and some dirty dishes and silverware that seemed to come from several different yard sales. There was also a DVD player with no remote and an alarm clock.

The air conditioning worked well (too well in my girlfriends opinion) but I was very happy in that respect. The room also included a ceiling fan with a remote (although only so they could avoid rewiring) and sometimes the light came on when other guests used their remotes. There was a decent HD flat panel tv with Comcast cable hooked up in a non-HD way. (Apparently no one has ever heard of a HDMI cable here.) There was a decent sized dresser for clothes and an on the wall closet next to it with maybe six hangers.

Room was decently furnished; a queen size bed, a chair, a dresser and 2 night stands, as well as 2 stools by the "kitchen". None of it matched and again looked like it was bought at yard sales. Outlets were a problem, only 1 by the bed so I had to plug my phone in elsewhere.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Fastrack625

Travellers are raving about these Tybee Island hotels

Eddyville, Kentucky
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We just got back from a week's stay at Sea and Breeze. The staff was very nice and helpful,(especially Jennifer, on and off-duty). I would recommend this motel highly if you are looking for value and want to spend time at the beach. The location is wonderful and close to lots of shops and places to eat. The only negative thing I can say about S & B is that their parking is very tight. I read other reviews about having to pay for ice and other gripes, but S & B did not advertise free ice as one of their amenities, so don't expect to get something that is not advertised. Ice is only $2. a bag and is very easy to purchase from the motel lobby. If I ever get to go back to Tybee, I WILL stay there again. Pool is nice and rooms are large, and beds are very comfortable. If you need something, all you have to do is ask. My family enjoyed our stay and I would recommend this motel to others.
R. Hawkins
Western Kentucky

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2014

just got here. Lobby not at all as appeared on their website. Room is acceptable. Parking is very tight. Girl at front desk was new and so was the housekeeper I ran into. Very new. Disappointed for the money. Will never book this place again. Will never recommend.

4 Thank lfruits
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel a dump. White crust in bedding and dirty covers which the maid told me never get changed. Broken lamps to name a few. Pool had bugs. Elevator broke for 5 days of our 7 days and parking is a joke. Hope you drive a mini Cooper , lysol and raid then buy a week supply of lice shampoo.

4 Thank Regina D
Mahomet, Illinois
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed three nights here right before Memorial Day weekend. The room was cute, not perfectly cleaned, but things I could live with. There was sand on the floor, dust on the windowsill...no big offenses.
The pool is wonderful as was the view.
We had a room right on the street. During the week, the noise level was low and did not bother us. On Friday night when the noise level was high, everything could be heard inside the room. We knew this going in and figured 'how bad could it be?' It was bad. If you do not plan on staying up until three am, ask for a room in the back. One thing we did not expect was other guests from the hotel gathering right outside our room to have coffee and smoke in the morning while enjoying the view.
Overall, will stay here anytime we go to tybee. Will just remember to ask for a room in the back!

• Stayed May 2014
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We loved our stay here. Close to good places to eat and the beach. Parking was tight but when we did park there was no reason we had to leave because everything is within walking distance. Staff brought clean towels everyday and always asked if we needed anything. Pool was nice and clean.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tybee Island
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island
Dunes Inn & Suites
Dunes Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Sea & Breeze Hotel? Share your experiences!