“Wonderful place - great hosts!”

Hotel Beachview Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 8 Tybee Island B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Montpelier, Virginia, United States
“Wonderful place - great hosts!”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

My husband and I just returned from a two day stay on Tybee at the Beachview. The innkeepers have thought of just about everything to make your stay comfortable and relaxing. The renovation was done to first class standards. All of the food was delicious and the room could not have been more comfortable - we can't get over how good the mattress felt - we may be shopping for the same for home! Karen & Frank were gracious hosts!

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen M

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 August 2012

This was the first B&B I have stayed at. I can't wait to go back. The homemade breakfasts, snacks and desserts were great. Karen was so attentive to her guests. She had wonderful suggestions for outings and dinners. She arranged our breakfast for an early departure.

The building is gourgeous. the rooms are beautiful. Attention was paid to every little detail during the restoration of the building. the rooms were spotless.

I would highly recommend the beachview. wonderful people and a wonderful experience.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Courtney M
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We stayed in the Private's Quarters in August. This is a wonderful B&B, and in a great location on Tybee. Our room was exactly as pictured and as the other guests described: clean, well decorated, and comfortable. We enjoyed our room very much, as well as our breakfasts each morning. And in the early evenings, we enjoyed a light snack and a glass of wine on the upstairs porch and were able to socialize with Karen & Frank, as well as the other guests.
The location is excellent - toward the south end of the island, very close to restaurants and the beach. We enjoyed walking to dinner each night since everything was so close, and there were many places to pick from.
If you decide to go to Savannah for the day, be sure to look into the bus service. It picks up at the roundabout, and is only $3 per person. A great deal, and you don't have to worry about parking.
We look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank USAAndy
Elizabethton, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 August 2012

There are a lot of great reviews here about how spacious, well decorated and appointed these suites are, how delicious the breakfast selections are, and they're all true! What I liked most though was the cleanliness and the people. You won't find it better anywhere else! The location is super as well, walking distance to restaurants and bars and of course, the fine beach of Tybee Island. It is also just a couple small blocks from the back river side, where we kayaked out to Little Tybee. Easy Access, great location, super people and spotless cleanliness....did I say Great Breakfast?

Room Tip: Depends on whether a ground floor suite is important, They're all very nice!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NatureboyRich
Flora, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed at the Presidential suite of Beachview B&B just before the 4th of July and everything was great! Very clean and wonderfully decorated room, love plantation shutters, the bed, the antique accents, and very spacious lovely bathroom. We had our 7-yr old son with us and the 3 of us can all go into the bathroom at the same time and have more than enough space...love the closets with full length mirrors.

The bed and beddings are so nice, i can stay in bed all day, although if you're a sensitive sleeper, you may not want to be in the presidential suite because if the guests in the balcony get the conversations going, you might hear the muffled sounds. This did not bother us though because we loved being near the porch and entrance to the second floor and WE LOVED OUR ROOM SO MUCH!!! I am not a sensitive sleeper, lights and sounds don't bother me, however, my husband needs peace and darkness (he likes for our curtains not to allow sunlight and wake him up very early) when he sleeps BUT he did not have any complaints about hearing the muffled voices (and the plantation shutters shielded the room from the sunlight enough for him) because he loved the bed and beddings so much, he still slept good and him and our son always slept in while i wake up early to enjoy the balcony and sunrise.

THE BALCONY...THE BEAUTIFUL BALCONY...the B&B is only a block away from the beach and you can still see the water from the balcony...just sitting in that balcony each morning made me feel like i live by the beach...the B&B has really captured that homey/cozy comfort i wanted...i did not want to be in a hotel even if its a beachfront hotel because i wanted to feel the comfort of a home and to feel like i lived in a home by the beach so we searched for cottages and we found this B&B. The minute my husband showed me the pictures of the B&B, i was sold on that balcony alone! Seeing the pictures of suites was a bonus and we were not disappointed when we got there! My husband and i loved sitting in the balcony at night and just talking. That balcony is just so beautiful and I loved being in the presidential suite because it's right next to the balcony. Our son wanted to just stay inside the room and watch TV or play with the iPad while my husband and I sat in the balcony at night and we would just be a window away from our son...he could see us through the shutters if he sat on the beautiful chair next to the window. Plus we loved being near the stairs to the side of the B&B. It's great that we did not have to enter through the first floor to get to our suite, we are so near the entrance and stairs that we did not have to worry about making noises down the hallway whenever we walked back and forth to our suite and in/out of the B&B.

We have not seen the first floor of the B&B but the second floor hallway, where Karen prepares the sumptuous breakfast so elegantly, is just gorgeous! I am not a fan of antique pieces but her antique accents are just right where they should be...she has blended old and new very well and it has made me appreciate the beauty of antique furniture...it has made me feel like i was back in another time period while providing me with modern day conveniences...i suddenly missed my grandparents' home near the beach and reminded me of childhood summers when we vacationed with them at their house and woke up each morning excited to have fun at the beach. My son loved karen's cookies in the afternoons and karen even had some more for him to take home before we left the B&B. We love the breakfast and looked forward to it each morning.

Finally, the B&B is so clean and beautiful...You can easily see karen's attention to her guests as she provides clean linens and towels/beach towels as well as suggestions on where to go and what to eat in Tybee and Savannah...her love for the B&B the way she takes care of it...she does not like sand in the house and has provided an outdoor shower so that you don't walk into the B&B with sand and water in your tracks...which is great because it makes the B&B look and feel so clean for all the guests. My husband has always given me beautiful flowers on special occasions and he did not fail this time eventhough he was with us all the time...i was surprised when we came into the room and saw a beautiful bouquet of flowers in a vase by the drawer dresser. I didn't expect flowers this time because we were always at the beach or exploring tybee and savannah...turns out he had secretly asked Karen to find beautiful flowers for me since it's our anniversary/4th of july trip...we always just combine celebrating the two occasions coz our anniv is on july 2nd so we always have an extra special 4th of july :) that was so wonderful of Karen and she even let me take home her vase because i wanted to take my bouquet home when it was time to leave. I felt bad about not leaving it there because it made the antique drawer dresser in our suite even more beautiful but i love all the flowers my husband gives me, no matter where we are i still take it home with me. Karen also said that she thought our son is so well-behaved coz she did not notice at first that there's a kid in the B&B at that time. Apparently, my husband had thought he had indicated we were coming with a child but he may not have clicked right on the website or something, the printout did not indicate a child is with us. We are glad that Karen did not seem flustered by this glitch and even told our son there are some stuff downstairs by the shower for kids to take to the beach and play with. We forgot to bring home his own beach toys when we left but we know that it will be more useful there for other guest children to use since we don't live near the beach. Karen even took family pictures for us and made dinner reservations for us at one restaurant in Tybee, which we really appreciate because when we got to the restaurant, they said they were fully booked and we need to reserve for some other night...then we told them that Karen had already made reservations for us, so that turned out really well for us. Despite being so busy, Karen was offered to make the reservation for us and she had to contact them several times during the day too until she was able to book it.

Overall, it was a very wonderful first time experience and that has made me think I would love to stay in B&Bs if they'r as nice as Beachview. The best thing of all, it was our first time in Georgia and staying in Beachview has made it very memorable and it will always be a wonderful experience for all of us to look back to. We know that when we come back to Tybee, Beachview is where we will wanna be again. We did not miss the usual hotel amenities like Gym and pool at all. We got what we wanted for this trip!

Room Tip: the presidential is right next to the balcony so the windows are facing towards the sun and beach...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Acworth, Georgia
Reviewed 27 July 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Presidents suite over the weekend of July 21 and 22. The room was very comfortable. Karen had the whole property decorated beautifully. My favorite spot was the front porch. We enjoyed just sitting out in the rocking chairs and having a drink. Every morning there was a wonderful breakfast spread. We had a wonderful time in Tybee.I highly recommend this B&B. The atmosphere was so relaxing. The breakfasts were great. Everything about this property was pleasantly over the top!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank McGuire69
North Augusta, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We always try to support local business owners by staying in B&Bs and have been to quite a few. We stayed 2 nights in Waterscape suite. The room was exactly like the website pictures and thankfully, unlike some older homes that have been renovated, it was cool enough in the July heat. One minor glitch the first day after check in with unruly guests next door but the owner took care of it as soon as she learned about the problem.

Room Tip: Waterscape suite is on the ground floor--One thing to be aware of if you are a light sleeper is the...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
#1 of 8 in Tybee Island
Hotel Tybee
Hotel Tybee
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Hotel Beachview Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!