“Great Little Inn !!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great Little Inn !!”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

My wife and myself stayed at this wonderful inn during the recent cold spell on Tybee Island. The owners could not have been any better to us!! We needed a small get away and happened to be the only guests staying at this time. We were treated like their family. We were upgraded to their best room !! We were served breakfast in our room on both days and it was fantastic. I will always tell everyone that I know if they go to Tybee Island to stay here!!! The lady who was running the inn on our first day, who I can't remember her name, made us customers for life. She was filling in for the owner, Karen. The next day when Karen returned, she made a special trip to our room just to meet us. She made us feel so welcomed . Thank you again for all your southern hospitality !!!!

Room Tip: The Waterscape room is so peaceful and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mem413

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Catlettsburg, Kentucky
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

When I return to Tybee or Savannah, I will stay at the Beachview. Everything was perfect. The place was inviting, clean, contemporary, and beautifully decorated. Karen is a good cook too. Karen suggested that we dine at Sundae Cafe. It is located next to a gas station. It was beautiful inside. That was one of the best meals we had. Unfortunately the weather was cold, windy and rainy. However, we still enjoyed the sights and relaxing at Karen's place.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paula W
Beachview B, Owner at Hotel Beachview Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Larry and Ann, Frank and I feel like you are our family! We love you dearly and are so thankful you come back again and again...See you for Valentines!!!
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Here we go again and can't wait. Ann an I have been vacationing at Tybee for the last 5 years. There is no other spot on the east coast like it and Tybee's best secret is the Beachview Bed and Breakfast. .I could talk for hours about the wonders of Beachview. We have stayed with Karen and Frank for the last two years, even spent New Years there. Headed back for Valentine. I think this will be our 7th or 8th visit to Beachview. When you look at the picture of the Inn all the wonderful things you imagine come true once you walk in the Inn. Karen and her staff, Melissa, chef Jan and husband Frank are somehow able to do all the work and make it seem to be fun to them. You wont find any Snoots here,so come on down. Maybe you'll find us on the porch . You'll feel like family when you leave. Ann & Larry N Columbia, SC

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank larry n
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We visited Tybee for a night on our way back north after the holiday. It is a very pretty island with a fun, quaint atmosphere. The Beachview B&B was perfect for my wife and I as it gave us privacy but also a perfect location to experience the island. It is located a block from the beach and also a block from the main strip of restaurants, bars, and the pier. Though it is near both of those- it feels as if it is nestled in a private street.
Our room was very large (Waterscape) and had everything you need. Very comfortable bed, porch with rocking chairs, living area space, kitchen, and you exit straight to the path to the beach. The service was outstanding as the owner Karen is extremely friendly and we appreciated our conversations. We actually called on our way in to let her know that we would be a little late. She told us a good place to pick up a pizza on the island and she left a bottle of red wine for us in the room for when we arrived (no charge). The breakfast was great and we borrowed the bikes to adventure around the island the next morning.
Highly recommend Beachview and we look forward to returning!

Room Tip: WaterScape- great room!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Beachview B, Owner at Hotel Beachview Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for the review. We try to do everything we can to help our guest have a memorable vacation! Hope you come back to see us next time you are on your way to Florida!
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The Beachview B&B on Tybee Island is a lovely restored home/restaurant with many things you want at a B&B, but lacking in the little details. On arrival we had to have the housekeeper call the owner in order to check-in. We checked in the owner showed us around the B&B including the dining area, coffee station, etc. then she showed us our rooms. The rooms were very nice, but we soon found lacking. There were no written visitor guest services information like dining hours, area attractions, churches, restaurants,etc.. She recommended a restaurant for lunch, it was closed. The following morning I went for coffee in the dining room, it was closed, we did have coffee in our room, but not enough cream& sugar. The rooms were not serviced while we were there, Christmas, and the supplies, tissues,soap, etc. were not restocked. Lastly the rate for the time of year we were there was high. Many of the shops and restaurants on the island were closed for the week, we intended to go to nearby Savannah for dinners but the casual meals we might have stayed on the island.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms are larger, but higher priced. The rooms on the same floor as the dining area...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mike P
First of all I want to say I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us here at Beachview and Tybee Island. We do everything we can in hopes of your enjoying your stay. I am going to try and answer your concerns.

#1) Our check-in time is at 4pm. You party arrived at 11:45am, this is why I was not in the office. However I accommodated you and allowed both rooms to check in 4 hours early at NO additional charge.

#2) Each morning after breakfast we did come to service your room. First morning you said you did not need anything. Then each morning after when we came into the room your beds were made and towels neatly hung up. We do not change out sheets or towels unless the guest has placed the towels in the floor. This is because we are making every possible effort to protect our environment.

#3) We have Kergg Coffee machines where you get a fresh hot cup of coffee each time. This is the same coffee machine we have in the common area where we serve breakfast. We do lock the main door at night and unlock it in the morning especially when it is off season. Each day I ask if you needed anything and would have gladly given you any supplies needed.

#4) I cannot help when other places decide to close. and do not feel that the Beachview should be judged on other businesses schedule. The week before Christmas is always a slow time for Tybee but most places are open. I do not know of any shops that were closed and only one restaurant which was only closed for lunch.

#5) Our rates are published online and guest get to choose if they wish to pay the rates or not. We are not the least expensive place on Tybee but we are one of the nicest.

Here at the Beachview we also offer many amenities that most people enjoy. Like bicycles, beach chairs, afternoon cocktails, etc. We try very hard to make sure our guest have everything they need. I will admit the maid did not realize kleenex were missing but that has been resolved. We also made appetizers in the evening but you guys did not choose to join us. The 2nd night my husband brought them to your room.

I am so sorry you did not enjoy Ty bee Island in the winter. It is a wonderful little island and I hope you will decide to come back for another visit.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed for 6 nights at this wonderful B&B and were delighted with our experience. (Were originally booked for 5, but stayed an extra night as it was so lovely there!) Stayed in the Love Shack, a private cottage about one block from the main house, and were extended every service and priviledge of the main house. The place is immaculate and beautifully renovated, decorated with lovely colors, fine bed linens, interesting furniture and objects. Great front porch with rocking chairs for relaxing and watching the passers by. The breakfasts were bountiful, delicious and prepared with great care, a different main dish every morning. Quiche, blintzes, eggs benedict, egg and ham roll, fresh fruit and yogurt, home baked sweet rolls, we ate too well! Complimentary Happy Hour every afternoon was convivial and relaxing. Karen, Frank and their staff were uniformly helpful, cheerful and accommodating. They even provide gear such as bikes, beach towels and beach chairs that guests can take to the seashore, about a block away. Tybee feels like an old fashioned seaside town, and the Beachview is a perfect, charming getaway destination, cannot recommend it highly enough!

Green Features: For those who care: They do compost, they allow you to re-use your towels, they have instant-hot water in showers/sinks, cieling fans prevented the need for AC use...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Laura M
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This B & B was the most lovely place I have ever stayed! Our room (Mary's Suite) was extremely clean, spacious, and comfortable. It has its own section of porch that was perfect to relax on. I will agree with all of the other reviewers, the owner Karen is wonderful! She is a joy to speak with and it is evident that she cares about the relaxation and comfort of her guests. The breakfast was perfect as were the afternoon wine and cheese. We took advantage of the provided bikes and enjoyed riding around this peaceful island. I would recommend Stingrays (fried fish and shrimp platter was awesome) and AJ's (crabcake burger) for the waterside dock dining and live music. I would most highly recommend Beachview and I am already planning my return visit!

Room Tip: Would recommend Mary's Suite if you like to stay at B & B's but want some privacy and no...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
#2 of 8 in Tybee Island
Tybee Island Inn
Tybee Island Inn
#4 of 8 in Tybee Island

Been to Hotel Beachview Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!